Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2019, 03:13 PM
TCI Staff

Default Brownell, Tigers not happy after loss to State

article
Old 03-13-2019, 04:54 PM
Walk On

Default Re: Brownell, Tigers not happy after loss to State

Quit muttering under your breath about the officiating and say something. You should’ve done it after UNC. Take the fine and have 99% of Tiger Nation behind you.
Old 03-13-2019, 05:16 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thall8 View Post
Quit muttering under your breath about the officiating and say something. You should’ve done it after UNC. Take the fine and have 99% of Tiger Nation behind you.
ABSOLUTELY!

Even more importantly, you keep the team behind you.

With the power of social media, the no call against UNC and to bad call against NCS should be put together with a caption “5 against 7...playing a team from N.C. in the ACC”.....then watch it go viral

Last edited by 89falcon; 03-13-2019 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:15 PM
Two Deep

Next year we are going to be awful and Brownell will be gone in my opinion.....with 4 senior starters no reason we should've made the tourney this year
Old 03-13-2019, 09:49 PM
Tiger Starter

What is wrong with some of you?!? He said several times in his press conference that he didn't like the way the game ended. He was clearly peeved and even shook his head and said "unbelievable" on time. What else do you want him to do?!?
Old 03-14-2019, 05:32 AM
Travel Team

Look up at the reporters, clear his throat, and say what every Clemson fan is thinking. We got screwed over. Yeah, Clemson ( or Brownell) would get fined, but who gives a crap? instead, he cowered, and really said nothing. Been this way for 50 years, and the only person who has stuck up for CLemson basketball was Rick Barnes.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:52 AM
Tiger Starter

All these close losses and the various ways they played out.

I know it makes little sense to look backwards, but I cannot help thinking if this team with a healthy Zion Williamson would have lost more than 5 games this year. With his skills itís hard to imagine the offense going even 5 minutes without a basket. The scoring droughts define this season much like they have for many of Brownellís teams. I think it does illustrate the level of talent that is needed to succeed in the ACC and how much just one player can make a big difference.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:52 AM
Two Deep

Brownell showed a quite disgust, that is what people with class do. Openly complaining about refs and saying you got screwed shows poor redneck sportsmanship. He will be airing his complaint to the ACC office with video tape. Anyone who warpfptched the game could see many calls were made that hurt the Tigers, but would have won with making just one or two of the 13 shots they missed in a row in the second half.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:00 AM
Travel Team

LOL, well I guess Barnes was a 'redneck', but at least he took up for Clemson, something that no other coach has done in the last 40 years..
Old 03-14-2019, 08:19 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by haladdis View Post
Brownell showed a quite disgust, that is what people with class do. Openly complaining about refs and saying you got screwed shows poor redneck sportsmanship. He will be airing his complaint to the ACC office with video tape. Anyone who warpfptched the game could see many calls were made that hurt the Tigers, but would have won with making just one or two of the 13 shots they missed in a row in the second half.
When you get screwed by bad calls there's a certain point where something should be said and that something should be loud and clear. The team and Clemson deserve more than just subtext. I think most Clemson fans would appreciate someone in the AD standing up and speaking out on how that game was officiated and calling out Ted by name would be a great start.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:53 AM
Two Deep

If the Clemson "fans" what to do something try showing up for the games and making every one a sellout . I have been a season ticket holder for 42years and I would be generous in saying only about 10% of those games had a full house. I have never understood how 80,000+ fans show up for football when nothing close to 9,000 generally goes to basketball games. Just look at the support most top twenty teams get and Clemson looks pitiful. So instead of complaining about the refs, go to a game and support the team.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
If the Clemson "fans" what to do something try showing up for the games and making every one a sellout . I have been a season ticket holder for 42years and I would be generous in saying only about 10% of those games had a full house. I have never understood how 80,000+ fans show up for football when nothing close to 9,000 generally goes to basketball games. Just look at the support most top twenty teams get and Clemson looks pitiful. So instead of complaining about the refs, go to a game and support the team.
Youíve got it backwards....win and people will come. You think Duke fills the place because the polo fields are too wet during the winter and the hamptons are too cold? No...they go because they win...period. Why would you spend money on a top coach if the fans will fill the joint anyway?
Old 03-14-2019, 10:57 AM
Two Deep

I remember vividly in 1985 Coach K threw his blazer 5 rows into the stands at Cameron and got tossed from the game to prove a point. It has nothing to do with class but showing people you're not going to sit by and watch your players get hosed on every close call.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:28 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
First,the average Clemson fan travels 3.5 hours for a football game; not always , but mostly on weekends. Most fans canít do that on a Tuesday or Wednesday. There are also only and average of 7 home games in football.

Second, the town of Clemson has a population of around 30k. Most of not all other D1 teams have populations of well over 100,000.

If they want a full house every night they need to get creative and get the students there.

If they want more fans then put an exciting and entertaining product on the floor. Right now our basketball program is boring and frustrating.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:40 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggershark View Post
First,the average Clemson fan travels 3.5 hours for a football game; not always , but mostly on weekends. Most fans canít do that on a Tuesday or Wednesday. There are also only and average of 7 home games in football.

Second, the town of Clemson has a population of around 30k. Most of not all other D1 teams have populations of well over 100,000.

If they want a full house every night they need to get creative and get the students there.

If they want more fans then put an exciting and entertaining product on the floor. Right now our basketball program is boring and frustrating.
I agree with everything you posted and just to add the ACC averaged about 78% capacity last year which was second behind the big ten(82%). We averaged a little over 80% capacity.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:02 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutigergrad04 View Post
I agree with everything you posted and just to add the ACC averaged about 78% capacity last year which was second behind the big ten(82%). We averaged a little over 80% capacity.
There is no way that number is butts in the seats; that number is based on ticket sales. Ticket sales aren't the problem, butts in the seats is the problem. A lot of season ticket holders don't show up.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:58 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFaninArkansas View Post
There is no way that number is butts in the seats; that number is based on ticket sales. Ticket sales aren't the problem, butts in the seats is the problem. A lot of season ticket holders don't show up.
How many people do you think show up? 7200 per game would put us at 80% capacity. I'm guessing we are around 6k for mid week games and closer to 8000 for weekend.

Admittedly I only can make about 5 home games(never a midweek) and usually one or two away games per season.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:57 PM
Two Deep

From watching many of our home games on TV, I would say 4000.