Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2020, 10:11 AM
Two Deep

Default Re: Swinney, Clemson livid after FSU and ACC force game to be postponed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
Anna needs better sources. This is not accurate
Then what is? Please tell..
Old 11-21-2020, 10:11 AM
Ring of Honor

Robert, doesnít the ACC administer two rapid tests (Monday and Friday?) plus the third test on Wednesday which is the more sensitive PCR? It would make sense to get two negatives on the rapid test and later get the PCR test that goes out to an outside lab.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:16 AM
Owner, Publisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville Orange View Post
Then what is? Please tell..
If you read our story you should know. Why would Clemson and Swinney be so pissed with the ACC if they were on board with playing the game?
Old 11-21-2020, 10:17 AM
NFL Tiger

So this how the ACC gets rid of the bye week before the ACC Championship game for Clemson that Notre Dame fans had been talking about. What BS
--Daughters, they can climb trees, fish, and shoot guns just as good as any boy, sometimes better. Plus they can have the boy clean the fish, buy the bullets when they go out, and then the Father gets to eat. Daughters are great. --
Old 11-21-2020, 10:19 AM
Tiger Starter

Is it true that Clemson offered to play Sunday or Monday and FSU said no? If so, this a forfeit in my book.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:20 AM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
Anna needs better sources. This is not accurate
I’m a bit confused by this. If it is not accurate then that would imply that the ACC also didn’t want to game played. I thought the irritation was with FSU...

Last edited by TX Tiger; 11-21-2020 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:22 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Tiger View Post
Iím a bit confused by this. If it is not accurate then that would imply that the ACC also didnít want to game played.
Iím confused as well..
Old 11-21-2020, 10:25 AM
Travel Team

How might this effect the CFP rankings that are supposed to come out Tuesday? If Cincinnati or BYU wins convincingly, Clemson might get jumped.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:28 AM
Ring of Honor

Itís too soon to become concerned but one thing we know is that the spread of the virus is accelerating. Thereís no guarantee we play the Pitt and VTech games, depending on Clemsonís situation but also how well those teams are staying in their bubbles. I believe if Miami plays abd gets up enough games in the win column the head to head result will not be the tiebreaker any longer. This game should have been played even if it was postponed until tomorrow to get additional testing performed.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:33 AM
Two Deep

The grand irony is that the airplane, because of the way air is cycled thru the cabin, is one of the SAFEST places you can be, and where you are LEAST likely to get COVID.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:36 AM
Owner, Publisher

Folks the ACC went along with FSU on not playing the game today.

And yes Clemson did believe the game should be a forfeit
Old 11-21-2020, 10:37 AM
Tiger Starter

FSU should just admit their chicken crap and forfeit. The butt whooping coming their way now will be much worse than if we had played. Just plain stupid and cowardly.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:51 AM
Ring of Honor

So I guess now the question is does Clemson travel back to Tallahassee this year or say we have already paid out 300k to travel. We need to be saying “You want us back there the ACC or FSU needs to pay the bill”.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if Clemson is reluctant to travel back to Tallahassee that the ACC will declare it a forfeit.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:06 AM
Two Deep

Anyone else remember VA tech playing the 1st three games this season with 15+ positive tests each week?
Old 11-21-2020, 11:06 AM
Way2tall

No way we should travel back. FSU comes to Death Valley or they forfeit.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:17 AM
NFL Tiger

We really should just leave the ACC. I’ve been an ACC supporter forever but tired of the constant descrimination of all things Clemson. This year has done it. From first bending over forND and now canceling a game for 1 positive??? Screw Swofford, screw Novell and screw the ACC. Without CU in the fold, how many decades before the ACC even sniffs the CFP?
Old 11-21-2020, 11:27 AM
Ring of Honor

Flame away if you disagree, but based on the news from Trevor and now how this played out with a backup player showing mild symptoms I donít agree with Clemson allowing anyone with any symptoms into Reeves until they pass two tests. This virus is very often asymptomatic for young folks so itís equally probable mild symptoms is in fact the virus. There must be a higher degree of suspicion until definitely proven itís not Covid. It makes no sense to let someone practice and expose others in their unit (especially since since itís been reported the player is a backup Olineman). That could have a devastating impact on the overall team and is not worth the risk this late in the season.

Now let me be clear, this game should have been played. I agree with Clemson being angry, and Iím certain they did the everything the ACC required for protocols. However, the minimums protocols are just that the minimum. Clemson should seriously consider making changes with handling players with symptoms.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:30 AM
Two Deep

Wait what?? They cancelled the game? Damn
Clemson class of '92
Old 11-21-2020, 11:37 AM
Clemson Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
Flame away if you disagree, but based on the news from Trevor and now how this played out with a backup player showing mild symptoms I donít agree with Clemson allowing anyone with any symptoms into Reeves until they pass two tests. This virus is very often asymptomatic for young folks so itís equally probable mild symptoms is in fact the virus. There must be a higher degree of suspicion until definitely proven itís not Covid. It makes no sense to let someone practice and expose others in their unit (especially since since itís been reported the player is a backup Olineman). That could have a devastating impact on the overall team and is not worth the risk this late in the season.

Now let me be clear, this game should have been played. I agree with Clemson being angry, and Iím certain they did the everything the ACC required for protocols. However, the minimums protocols are just that the minimum. Clemson should seriously consider making changes with handling players with symptoms.
It sounds like the player did take TWO tests and both were negative. It was the third was a positive.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:45 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post

I have symptoms all the time. It's allergies in my case. You think Clemson would knowingly take chances? And I believe that player DID pass 2 tests.

The season should just be canceled if decisions like this continue.