Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2020, 07:14 AM
Owner, Publisher

Default Tonight we get Swinney and Radakovich

For our Sunday night call tonight we have Radakovich joining Dabo. That is very unusual. I am interested to see what we hear from them. Knowing what we know about what went down yesterday, some of which we couldn't release because we didn't want to get our sources in trouble, I want to see if Dabo and Dan come out swinging or take the PC path. Is Dan there to provide more info or to make sure Dabo doesn't go off too much.

It should be fun to see tonight.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:14 AM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Tonight we get Swinney and Radakovich

Could go either way, but usually when you boss shows up to a meeting, it's to keep your leash tight or to take the beating for you. I'd be willing to bet Dan will field all questions related to yesterday.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:23 AM
NFL Tiger

That will be interesting. I am sure the conversation with the ACC has been continuing. I am interested to see if the university has decided to play nice with the ACC or if we feel powerful enough to really go on the offensive.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:32 AM
Travel Team

What I worry about now is this all may cost us a chance to be in ACC Championship game and hence playoffs. If Pitt game gets cancelled and Miami wins out they will have a higher win percentage in conference due to more games being played and they will play ND. The ACC may have just screwed us out of the ACC Championship.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:57 AM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy86 View Post
What I worry about now is this all may cost us a chance to be in ACC Championship game and hence playoffs. If Pitt game gets cancelled and Miami wins out they will have a higher win percentage in conference due to more games being played and they will play ND. The ACC may have just screwed us out of the ACC Championship.
TCI, can you guys sticky the ACC rules on this and help clarify the average games played criteria. Thereís so much confusion about how the tiebreaker is to be applied.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:03 AM
Two Deep

Vandy, i wish I could point you to the right post but I do have good news for you. You are wrong. LOL
Couldn't resist. The rule is if both teams lose the same amount during the season then head to head is the deciding factor. Must be eligible to play in the Conference Championship Game. Winning percentages do not count. Example: Miami 10-1, and Clemson 9-1. Both teams lost 1 game each. Clemson won the head to head. Therefore Clemson goes to the Championship game. Read the other posts on the board.
Old 11-22-2020, 09:40 AM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPoss View Post
Vandy, i wish I could point you to the right post but I do have good news for you. You are wrong. LOL
Couldn't resist. The rule is if both teams lose the same amount during the season then head to head is the deciding factor. Must be eligible to play in the Conference Championship Game. Winning percentages do not count. Example: Miami 10-1, and Clemson 9-1. Both teams lost 1 game each. Clemson won the head to head. Therefore Clemson goes to the Championship game. Read the other posts on the board.
Be mindful with the Covid outbreaks and forced cancellations, a 7-1 Clemson finish could be a problem for us if average conference games played is rounded to 9. ACC needs to make things right if the Seminoles and Tigers canít agree on playing on 12/12.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:09 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy86 View Post
What are the odds Miami plays three games in a row?
Old 11-22-2020, 01:11 PM
Ring of Honor

DRad needs to be the careful politician on this. We dropped a bunch of money to travel to Florida and not play. To do that a second time is not desirable for a budget thatís strained to the max. I suspect there will be some very interesting negotiations with the ACC the next couple weeks.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:44 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPoss View Post
Tigerposs I agree with you as long as we are within 1 game of the average number of conference games. However if the Pitt and FSU games were both cancelled Clemson may not be eligible to play in the ACC Championship due to not being within 1 game of the average. We'll have to see how it all plays out.
Old 11-22-2020, 08:10 PM
Tiger Starter

Spot the ball !