Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2020, 12:26 PM
TCI Staff

Default Does Luginbill think the layoff will help or hurt Clemson?

From "College Sports Sunday" on Sirius XM radio with Barrett Sallee and Tom Luginbill:

Sallee: "They've obviously had a really disjointed season with Trevor missing the last two games with COVID. Do you foresee any rust at all with Clemson knowing that really the last time that we saw them in a game that mattered was Notre Dame and that seems like it was years and years and years ago? Do you see them having some rust, knowing that this is kind of like the time where they needed to figure out what they were and get right?

Luginbill: "Possibly, but I also see this as an opportunity for them to finally get healthy on defense. I mean, they've got to get back up to full strength within their defensive front seven, in particular. I know the back end's had issues, but that's the area for me that I think this layoff might actually help them. I think as long as they've been practicing, they've been in rhythm, which they have with Trevor for the last week. I know they didn't get to play. They're going to be fine because athletically, from a scheme standpoint, a leadership standpoint, they're as good as anybody in college football. But defensively is where I think they've got to continue to make strides in
this time off and help them get back up to full strength."