Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Travel Team

Default Hale - now that bkball season is over???

Where is the staff at evaluating recruis for the spring signing period? Are they watching players like Nichols and Davis play since there are no more games to coach? Got any idea who they might be zeroing in yet? Thanks...
Old 03-15-2015, 01:24 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Hale - now that bkball season is over???

IMO they should look at one factor....who can put the ball in the basket. I don't care if they can play D or jump through the gym as long as they can score.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:47 PM
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side

Wouldn't be surprised if they focus on the transfer market, whether it's an immediately eligible senior or another guy (like Holmes) who has to sit but has multiple years.

I think we'll really start to see how that plays out over the next couple of weeks.

I know I keep saying wait, but it's not all that cut and dry right now. I've just gotten the sense that they'll grab a transfer.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale McGranahan View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if they focus on the transfer market, whether it's an immediately eligible senior or another guy (like Holmes) who has to sit but has multiple years.

I think we'll really start to see how that plays out over the next couple of weeks.

I know I keep saying wait, but it's not all that cut and dry right now. I've just gotten the sense that they'll grab a transfer.
Really glad to hear you say that you think the staff will be looking at transfers. This is simply the way college basketball is trending, for better or for worse. Clemson must be competitive in the transfer market to field a quality program, I think.

Right now the team is already slated to be one man deeper than a year ago with the RS coming off of Holmes and Robertin/Hudson joining the program. We have room for at least one transfer, and you could add another transfer/HS signee if someone like Rooks was to leave Clemson. I don't think he's ever going to see the floor with CBB at the helm.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:02 PM
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemtig01 View Post
Really glad to hear you say that you think the staff will be looking at transfers. This is simply the way college basketball is trending, for better or for worse. Clemson must be competitive in the transfer market to field a quality program, I think.

Right now the team is already slated to be one man deeper than a year ago with the RS coming off of Holmes and Robertin/Hudson joining the program. We have room for at least one transfer, and you could add another transfer/HS signee if someone like Rooks was to leave Clemson. I don't think he's ever going to see the floor with CBB at the helm.
Just look at what Iowa State has done on the transfer market...good call.