Clemson Insider Logo



Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-11-2019, 05:41 AM
tigerpawgt tigerpawgt is online now
NFL Tiger
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Blanc MI
Posts: 2,984
Default Disney and Directv negotiations

So after all the ACCN launch issues, I look up and see Disney is warning they may pull ESPN nets, ABC etc by the end of September if a new deal with AT&T isnít reached. I was so close to ditching Directv for YouTube TV, and this might just be the final straw if they put my college football viewing at risk.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-11-2019, 06:57 AM
smoore8 smoore8 is offline
Travel Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Seneca,SC
Posts: 458
Default Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

I switched from Direct to Youtube TV right before the launch of the ACC Network. You won't regret it. Saved me about 70 a month and I wasn't even getting the ACC network with my package.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-11-2019, 08:14 AM
C-Born63 C-Born63 is offline
Tiger Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sunrise, FL
Posts: 2,241
Default Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

There are a lot of options too depending on your needs between Hulu Live, YTTV, and Playstaion Vue.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Tiggershark Tiggershark is offline
Tiger Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,458
Default Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

I dropped DirectTV about 6 months ago simply because of cost. Double what I pay now with Spectrum. Now picture quality and user friendliness are no where near DirectTV. And because of this I find I watch less TV. But at least it has all the stations I want if I can find them.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-11-2019, 08:34 AM
Gvegastiger49's Avatar
Gvegastiger49 Gvegastiger49 is offline
Tiger Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,466
Default Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

YTTV has been good. But I really only watch football on it. It has lots of other stations but I find myself not watching anything on them. Network television isnít very good. My only warning about Hulu Live is make sure you get ABC in your area. Itís not available in Greenville.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-11-2019, 08:35 AM
C-Born63 C-Born63 is offline
Tiger Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sunrise, FL
Posts: 2,241
Default Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvegastiger49 View Post
YTTV has been good. But I really only watch football on it. It has lots of other stations but I find myself not watching anything on them. Network television isnít very good. My only warning about Hulu Live is make sure you get ABC in your area. Itís not available in Greenville.
Not all of my local channels were available on Hulu Live and YouTube TV, definitely make sure you check
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-11-2019, 08:39 AM
CU311 CU311 is offline
Two Deep
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 978
Default Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

Switching from Satellite to Streaming TV is a no brainer assuming you're already paying for an internet circuit. As long as your bandwidth is decent, you'll get equal picture quality for much less money.

Once FireTV finally adds the YoutubeTV app, i'm going to sign up for a trial to see if i like it better than PSVue which i've been using for over a year now.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-11-2019, 09:02 AM
BloodTiger BloodTiger is offline
Two Deep
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 826
Default Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggershark View Post
I dropped DirectTV about 6 months ago simply because of cost. Double what I pay now with Spectrum. Now picture quality and user friendliness are no where near DirectTV. And because of this I find I watch less TV. But at least it has all the stations I want if I can find them.
Just wait until your Spectrum promotional price runs out and they jack your bill up to even more than you were paying for DTV. The good thing about DTV is that their retention department is willing to throw you some rebates. I found Spectrum not as easy to deal with. Hopefully theyíve changed in this era of streaming options.

#PersonalExperience
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Tiggershark Tiggershark is offline
Tiger Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,458
Default Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodTiger View Post
Just wait until your Spectrum promotional price runs out and they jack your bill up to even more than you were paying for DTV. The good thing about DTV is that their retention department is willing to throw you some rebates. I found Spectrum not as easy to deal with. Hopefully theyíve changed in this era of streaming options.

#PersonalExperience
By no means am I advocating for Spectrum. I just found it to be the lesser of all the evils. And I didnít use a promo and I donít have a contract so I am not locked into them. DirectTV was just that expensive. DirectTV came back to me with a promo that was $15.00 more a month for first year and then right back to being double.

If I had unlimited funds I would go back to DirectTV in a minute.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-11-2019, 09:37 AM
BloodTiger BloodTiger is offline
Two Deep
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 826
Default Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggershark View Post
By no means am I advocating for Spectrum. I just found it to be the lesser of all the evils. And I didnít use a promo and I donít have a contract so I am not locked into them. DirectTV was just that expensive. DirectTV came back to me with a promo that was $15.00 more a month for first year and then right back to being double.

If I had unlimited funds I would go back to DirectTV in a minute.
Glad you found something that works for you. With all the options out there, Iím curious the direction cable and satellite will move in the future.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-11-2019, 11:31 AM
tigerpawgt tigerpawgt is online now
NFL Tiger
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Grand Blanc MI
Posts: 2,984
Default Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

For me picture quality and reliability are my main requirements. Off air locals and Directv has always provided the best balance of those needs compared to internet buffering and video compression used by the other cable and streaming services. However, streaming hardware like the Roku have come a long way towards providing good buffering and smoother video motion than just a couple years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-11-2019, 11:34 AM
C-Born63 C-Born63 is offline
Tiger Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sunrise, FL
Posts: 2,241
Default Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
For me picture quality and reliability are my main requirements. Off air locals and Directv has always provided the best balance of those needs compared to internet buffering and video compression used by the other cable and streaming services. However, streaming hardware like the Roku have come a long way towards providing good buffering and smoother video motion than just a couple years ago.
I haven't had any issues with buffering on Vue yet on any of my devices (laptop, phone, Apple TV, and a FireStick).

I had Sling for a few years and dealt with no locals, buffering issues, and picture quality issues. All have been erased by Vue, I just don't get the history channel now
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Tiger80 Tiger80 is offline
Ring of Honor
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 13,967
Post Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

I had DIRECTV, but it was incredibly expensive. My house is in the country. So, our options were limited. Fortunately, YouTube TV, Hulu, and Sling were available. We went with YouTube TV and have been really pleased. We don't get as many channels as our DIRECTV programming, but we also pay $78 less per month! I get the "local" Atlanta stations, ESPN, and ACC Network.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Clemson Tigers 2018 CFP National Champs Clemson Tigers gear at Fanatics.com



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Partner with USA TODAY Sports Media Group

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.