Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2019, 05:41 AM
NFL Tiger

Default Disney and Directv negotiations

So after all the ACCN launch issues, I look up and see Disney is warning they may pull ESPN nets, ABC etc by the end of September if a new deal with AT&T isnít reached. I was so close to ditching Directv for YouTube TV, and this might just be the final straw if they put my college football viewing at risk.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:57 AM
Travel Team

Default Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

I switched from Direct to Youtube TV right before the launch of the ACC Network. You won't regret it. Saved me about 70 a month and I wasn't even getting the ACC network with my package.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:14 AM
Tiger Starter

There are a lot of options too depending on your needs between Hulu Live, YTTV, and Playstaion Vue.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Tiger Starter

I dropped DirectTV about 6 months ago simply because of cost. Double what I pay now with Spectrum. Now picture quality and user friendliness are no where near DirectTV. And because of this I find I watch less TV. But at least it has all the stations I want if I can find them.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:34 AM
Tiger Starter

YTTV has been good. But I really only watch football on it. It has lots of other stations but I find myself not watching anything on them. Network television isnít very good. My only warning about Hulu Live is make sure you get ABC in your area. Itís not available in Greenville.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:35 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvegastiger49 View Post
YTTV has been good. But I really only watch football on it. It has lots of other stations but I find myself not watching anything on them. Network television isnít very good. My only warning about Hulu Live is make sure you get ABC in your area. Itís not available in Greenville.
Not all of my local channels were available on Hulu Live and YouTube TV, definitely make sure you check
Old 09-11-2019, 08:39 AM
Two Deep

Switching from Satellite to Streaming TV is a no brainer assuming you're already paying for an internet circuit. As long as your bandwidth is decent, you'll get equal picture quality for much less money.

Once FireTV finally adds the YoutubeTV app, i'm going to sign up for a trial to see if i like it better than PSVue which i've been using for over a year now.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:02 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggershark View Post
I dropped DirectTV about 6 months ago simply because of cost. Double what I pay now with Spectrum. Now picture quality and user friendliness are no where near DirectTV. And because of this I find I watch less TV. But at least it has all the stations I want if I can find them.
Just wait until your Spectrum promotional price runs out and they jack your bill up to even more than you were paying for DTV. The good thing about DTV is that their retention department is willing to throw you some rebates. I found Spectrum not as easy to deal with. Hopefully theyíve changed in this era of streaming options.

#PersonalExperience
Old 09-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodTiger View Post
Just wait until your Spectrum promotional price runs out and they jack your bill up to even more than you were paying for DTV. The good thing about DTV is that their retention department is willing to throw you some rebates. I found Spectrum not as easy to deal with. Hopefully theyíve changed in this era of streaming options.

#PersonalExperience
By no means am I advocating for Spectrum. I just found it to be the lesser of all the evils. And I didnít use a promo and I donít have a contract so I am not locked into them. DirectTV was just that expensive. DirectTV came back to me with a promo that was $15.00 more a month for first year and then right back to being double.

If I had unlimited funds I would go back to DirectTV in a minute.
Old 09-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggershark View Post
By no means am I advocating for Spectrum. I just found it to be the lesser of all the evils. And I didnít use a promo and I donít have a contract so I am not locked into them. DirectTV was just that expensive. DirectTV came back to me with a promo that was $15.00 more a month for first year and then right back to being double.

If I had unlimited funds I would go back to DirectTV in a minute.
Glad you found something that works for you. With all the options out there, Iím curious the direction cable and satellite will move in the future.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:31 AM
NFL Tiger

For me picture quality and reliability are my main requirements. Off air locals and Directv has always provided the best balance of those needs compared to internet buffering and video compression used by the other cable and streaming services. However, streaming hardware like the Roku have come a long way towards providing good buffering and smoother video motion than just a couple years ago.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:34 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
For me picture quality and reliability are my main requirements. Off air locals and Directv has always provided the best balance of those needs compared to internet buffering and video compression used by the other cable and streaming services. However, streaming hardware like the Roku have come a long way towards providing good buffering and smoother video motion than just a couple years ago.
I haven't had any issues with buffering on Vue yet on any of my devices (laptop, phone, Apple TV, and a FireStick).

I had Sling for a few years and dealt with no locals, buffering issues, and picture quality issues. All have been erased by Vue, I just don't get the history channel now
Old 09-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Disney and Directv negotiations

I had DIRECTV, but it was incredibly expensive. My house is in the country. So, our options were limited. Fortunately, YouTube TV, Hulu, and Sling were available. We went with YouTube TV and have been really pleased. We don't get as many channels as our DIRECTV programming, but we also pay $78 less per month! I get the "local" Atlanta stations, ESPN, and ACC Network.