Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2015, 08:55 AM
Alumni

Default Re: Three Players Suspended for Orange Bowl

You guys that want to make excuses for the players need to give it a rest. All of us have been 18 and faced decisions. I wasn't an athlete but I had decisions to make as well. We all knew the consequences of getting caught cheating on a final. So, in my case at least, I decided it wasn't worth the risk and did it the right way. No different a decision than Ammon, Jay Jay, and Deon made.

I hope all three use this as a life-defining moment and become better young men for it. Bottom line though: All three knew the consequences of their choices before hand and still chose the wrong path. They are responsible for any punishment they receive.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:27 AM
NFL Tiger

The drug tests were not administered by the NCAA.

I am sure all teams choose to test their Student Athletes before they play in major games and championships. Glad to see that Bama, State and Okra have no issues on their teams.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:43 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy83 View Post
You guys that want to make excuses for the players need to give it a rest. All of us have been 18 and faced decisions. I wasn't an athlete but I had decisions to make as well. We all knew the consequences of getting caught cheating on a final. So, in my case at least, I decided it wasn't worth the risk and did it the right way. No different a decision than Ammon, Jay Jay, and Deon made.

I hope all three use this as a life-defining moment and become better young men for it. Bottom line though: All three knew the consequences of their choices before hand and still chose the wrong path. They are responsible for any punishment they receive.
It isn't a matter of making excuses. It is recognizing that these young men do not have a fully formed prefrontal cortex. Do you know what the prefrontal cortex deals with? Decision making. So kids are going to make mistakes. It is going to happen.

Just because you didn't make a mistake doesn't mean you should expect perfection from all the players on the team. If you have that expectation, you are always going to be disappointed.

They made mistakes. Dabo is right, they have to live with the consequences and lose one of the best opportunities of their life.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Alumni

I respect your belief that an underdeveloped prefrontal cortex caused these guys to make a bad decision. My belief is that screwing up by breaking team rules then turning around and screwing up again has nothing to do with your brain power.

I agree with you that we all make mistakes. It is the type of mistakes we make, though, that define who we are.

This is not underdevelopment. It is an attitude. And it is an attitude that each of us is fully accountable for and in control of.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:54 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
It isn't a matter of making excuses. It is recognizing that these young men do not have a fully formed prefrontal cortex. Do you know what the prefrontal cortex deals with? Decision making. So kids are going to make mistakes. It is going to happen.

Just because you didn't make a mistake doesn't mean you should expect perfection from all the players on the team. If you have that expectation, you are always going to be disappointed.

They made mistakes. Dabo is right, they have to live with the consequences and lose one of the best opportunities of their life.
I understand they may not have a fully formed prefrontal cortex but if you are telling me that these guys did not know the consequences of doing drugs and then being sent home I don't buy it especially for 2 of them who have had been in trouble before.

I am for second chances and I am glad I don't have to hand out the discipline but they would have to do an awful lot to to gain my trust again after this incident. The biggest game of their careers and they can't put that stuff down.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by melamb13 View Post
Just a guess on my part, but I bet they don't feel bad for themselves... You can deal with it as you wish, but they are a "next man up" mentality, and will not look back... Any other way this team does NOT FUNCTION!
I said "I" feel bad for them. I did not say "they" feel bad.

Seriously, some people need to take just a little bit more time to actually read and comprehend individuals respective comments. Geesh!
Old 12-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Three Players Suspended for Orange Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTigers716 View Post
Agree but I don't think peake has the speed to be a downfield threat like Cain.
Do you know how fast Peake runs the 40? He is fast! He has been recorded at 4.2!

http://clemson.247sports.com/Board/2...OW-40-37797864

Last edited by Tiger80; 12-30-2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:09 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger80 View Post
Do you know how fast Peake runs the 40? He is fast! He has been recorded at 4.2!

http://clemson.247sports.com/Board/2...OW-40-37797864
It doesn't show up on the field. I'm not sure I've ever seen him run by a defender.

Never quite lived up to the hype. He's a solid possession guy that catches some balls going across the middle of the field, but he never turned into a real deep threat and I have never really seen him get better at getting separation at the college level.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:12 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTigers716 View Post
It doesn't show up on the field. I'm not sure I've ever seen him run by a defender.

Never quite lived up to the hype. He's a solid possession guy that catches some balls going across the middle of the field, but he never turned into a real deep threat and I have never really seen him get better at getting separation at the college level.
According to CDS Peake is the fastest man on the team... and has been even when Martavius and Watkins were on the team. Dude is freaky fast.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:18 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Just a guess on my part, but I bet they don't feel bad for themselves... You can deal with it as you wish, but they are a "next man up" mentality, and will not look back... Any other way this team does NOT FUNCTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas15 View Post
Agree 100%. It just would have been a better situation with them playing.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas15 View Post
I said "I" feel bad for them. I did not say "they" feel bad.

Seriously, some people need to take just a little bit more time to actually read and comprehend individuals respective comments. Geesh!
Okay Sybil. But if you want to bring reading comprehension into it, then you might want to consider that I was pointing out that the Team members don't feel sorry for themselves, I couldn't care less how much the involved players feel bad and there is no point in feeling bad for either party. Is that better? NEXT MAN UP!!! As I said before, deal with it as you wish... just try not to contradict yourself when replying twice to the same post, it makes you look bad.