Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: The Insider Report

Another solid class will be great . But we need lock own some guys like Adams!
I beleive the Tigers are finally at the point of turning the corner to he next level, but that wont happen unless we pull some of the top guys again .
Old 02-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsbd View Post
idk if you're a member of rivals or not but i dont pay a bit of attention to what those national guys say as they are not as plugged in as the actual writers of TI...i care about clemson obviously and like to get all the info i can about clemson whether it be from the writers of the site or message boards...now i have a lot of respect for Robert as he does this on his own dime because of his passion for Clemson University, all im saying is you have to be careful with your words and how you predict stuff
+1
Old 02-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Scholarship Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson_tiger1 View Post
Chris Ard who runs the Tigers Rival site never made that projection. In fact he said that it didn't look good for Adams for awhile now.
24 hours= "a while"
Old 02-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
Not looking good for Adams folks. Getting more confirmation on Auburn.
And there goes that free All day commercial from Clemson compliments of ESPN on Wednesday.

Maybe we should hire Tommy back as our Recruiting Coordinator since we can have a RC that is not a coach on the field with the new rules change.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz089 View Post
Who? What does he say about Alexander? What did he say about Stewart? And if you like that site so much better, why come to this one? Apparently TCI must be doing something right.

Notice how it is the two with low post numbers that are questioning everything. But I now see why.
lol Ive been a member for 2 years just recently started posting more frequently here....you act like i just came here to start crap today...TI was on par with what happened with steward and has been on every recruit since i've been there...just because you're butt hurt because of what i said earlier is your problem not mine...not telling you what TI is saying about other recruits as that is paid intel and not worth risking my membership over
Old 02-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Walk On

We already have 6 DT's and 1 commited so even if we dont get adams, 4 of those 6 have good experience and it will show up this season. If we get admas tht would be HUGE but still we have experience and players at DT tht can be match winners.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Tiger Starter

Location: Upstate South Carolina. Close enough to get to heaven any day...

Quote:
..now i have a lot of respect for Robert as he does this on his own dime because of his passion for Clemson University, all im saying is you have to be careful with your words and how you predict stuff
OK you said it. Not that it means anything. Here's the reply, as if you shouldn't know already...

it is up to YOU to read what you want to; believe what you want to; assimilate what you want to; trust what you want to; assess what you want to...

it's up to YOU. So Robert didn't "let you down". I am very sure he has been very careful with his words. I am also sure that he is professional but human, and as such makes mistakes, even with credible info. Whoopee!

That and an hour on the couch generally cost you about $100.
Essence of Leadership: A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. In the end, leaders are much like eagles...they do not flock; you find them one at a time.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

I am totally amazed at the those that seem to be reveling in a prediction that Coz made yesterday might not come to fruition. That is PITIFUL SERIOUSLY PITIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who gives a rats ass which website said or predicted what. If we don't get him people, IT IS A LOSS FOR CLEMSON NOT A FRICKIN website. Does your loyalty lie to a website or Clemson? Ask yourself that question
If you don't like what you get here(but it sounds like you are getting up to the frickin date info) then go away...anything else makes you look like a "ninner ninner ninner 4-year-old" that needs to get a life
Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Owner, Publisher

Folks it happens every year around this time. We get lots of trash coming on the site from another place. We will do our best to take our the trash again.

We give out the best information we have on a situation. Believe me there was plenty of reasons for our percentage on Adams. We will share some of that after signing day as well as info on some other situations.

In the end it obviously looks like he won't be signing with Clemson. For those that have followed our recruiting coverage over the years (not those that just joined in the last month and are making noise) you know our record has been as good as any. We've nailed some that others haven't for sure.

We have also done something that nobody else in the business does this year with our Countdown to Signing Day Daily Trackers. We have received great feedback on that feature, but I must admit days like today make us wonder if we should do that in the future.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubarb1991 View Post
I am totally amazed at the those that seem to be reveling in a prediction that Coz made yesterday might not come to fruition. That is PITIFUL SERIOUSLY PITIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who gives a rats ass which website said or predicted what. If we don't get him people, IT IS A LOSS FOR CLEMSON NOT A FRICKIN website. Does your loyalty lie to a website or Clemson? Ask yourself that question
If you don't like what you get here and it sounds like you are getting up to the frickin date info, then go away...anything else makes you look like a "ninner ninner ninner 4-year-old" that needs to get a life
You know Barb, seriously..I don't mean to be tactless, but by any chance have you got an older sister or something? I may look better on the internet, but at least I don't show my stupidity and lack of class here as well...
Essence of Leadership: A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the quality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. In the end, leaders are much like eagles...they do not flock; you find them one at a time.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:07 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
idk if you're a member of rivals or not but i dont pay a bit of attention to what those national guys say as they are not as plugged in as the actual writers of TI...i care about clemson obviously and like to get all the info i can about clemson whether it be from the writers of the site or message boards...now i have a lot of respect for Robert as he does this on his own dime because of his passion for Clemson University, all im saying is you have to be careful with your words and how you predict stuff
All he did was share with use the info that he had at the time. He tries his best to keep us informed and up to date. When he felt that he needed to change those numbers he did. He is keeping us up to date with what he knows. Who knows, he might get a call tomorrow that changes this again. What would happen then? Would all those other recruiting people lose their credibility then? Would the same people come back on here and say that Ard does not have a clue?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Scholarship Player

Robert made a prediction...let me say it again, slower, so you'll understand...

P-R-E-D-I-C-T-I-O-N

Never once did he make a guarantee. We're dealing with fickle 18 year olds. Things change. Get over it. If you like Ard's site so much better, good riddance! You guys are ridiculous.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by epifunny View Post
You know Barb, seriously..I don't mean to be tactless, but by any chance have you got an older sister or something? I may look better on the internet, but at least I don't show my stupidity and lack of class here as well...
Old 02-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
Folks it happens every year around this time. We get lots of trash coming on the site from another place. We will do our best to take our the trash again.

We have also done something that nobody else in the business does this year with our Countdown to Signing Day Daily Trackers. We have received great feedback on that feature, but I must admit days like today make us wonder if we should do that in the future.
No reason to dispose of the trash; I am quite sure Barb can hold her own.

And as to the Trackers - great addition. Percentages are only percentages. Nobody beats Vegas every time either, but ervyone sure does check the line first....
Old 02-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Two Deep

Dont think Dabo would go this route and glad he wont and I hate to even say it but darn, we are gonna have to start cheatn it seems and paying. Heck, everyone else is doing it and not getting caught. Indoor Practice facility and back to back pretty good seasons with an ACC Championship and a win over LSU sure did not do us much good.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Scholarship Player

I understand E$PN/$EC schools coming in and $tealing recruits to an extent. What I don't understand was how Dabo and company were so successful selling the program when we were 6-6, now we have won 10+ games for 2 straight years, broken all kinds of records, and they drop like flies. That's where my frustration lies. Nothing against the coaches, but what are the other schools telling these kids??? I feel we have a great OC and DC in place, and quite frankly an awesome HC. What's the deal? Auburn and Tennessee flat out SUCKED this year and they are recruiting like gangbusters...
Old 02-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
lol Ive been a member for 2 years just recently started posting more frequently here....you act like i just came here to start crap today...TI was on par with what happened with steward and has been on every recruit since i've been there...just because you're butt hurt because of what i said earlier is your problem not mine...not telling you what TI is saying about other recruits as that is paid intel and not worth risking my membership over
That sir is 100% incorrect. Robert was the only one that had Steward nailed, not the day before signing day but about 10 days before signing day. Not that it matters now
Old 02-04-2013, 06:33 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
1. Why would I be "butt hurt" over a thread on the internet?
2. Your opinion of Robert is your opinion. If I disagree with it that is my opinion. I expressed my opinion on the subject since you shared yours.
3. I do not think that over 200 post would be considered a low number of posts. That was why I seperated it from the rest of the post. I should have put it in another post rethinking it.

Barb---- love the post!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson_tiger1 View Post
At the very least you have to question his sources on the matter. Most other sites were calling this for days are you to have me believe that all other sources out there were incorrect and Roberts sources were spot on? RRRiiiigghhht. Especially now that what they have been saying for days has been confirmed.
Get the hell of this site if you're gonna rag on Robert for telling us how it is at that moment in time, for FREE. Sometimes the truth hurts but if you're new to recruiting, you better get used to it.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:42 PM
Tiger Starter

Just wasted about 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.