Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2017, 11:34 AM
TCI Staff

Default Stephen A. Smith disgusted by Watson-Trubisky debate, goes on rant in defense of DW

From ESPN's "First Take" this morning:

"Here's what disgusts me about this subject," Stephen A. Smith said. "If I were Deshaun Watson, or if I were a quarterback on the collegiate level and I had the ability to sit up there and tell NFL scout, NFL teams, y'all could kiss where you know what, I would do it, and here's why.

"Because if you are Deshaun Watson, who in two national championship games passed for over 850 yards, won a national championship, was 32-3 as a starting quarterback in big-time college football and has proven himself to be a winner you have a coach in Dabo Swinney calling this dude the Jordan of the draft in terms of not just his ability, but his class, where his head is at, his intelligence, his leadership ability and all of these intangibles... And I'm going to drop in the draft because of some dude in a Tarheel this isn't basketball we're talking about here and this dude starts 13 games. We didn't even hear much about him until the draft was approaching, and I'm going to lose out... If I'm Deshaun Watson, with all I've accomplished in college football, I get relegated for him, why I am even talking to (NFL teams) if I have to sit up here and be relegated for some dude who was a no-name until the draft was approaching because he had 13 starts. I wouldn't even show up. Just draft me, or not."