Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Monday Evening Clowney Update

great job Robert as always!

Fire Jack Leggett and Dan Pepicelli.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Banned

I read the time of the announcement yesterday
so I know it was not released today

you make it sound like I'm disputing your
article but I was just saying it was nothing
new from what I have read from other
sites is all I said
Old 02-07-2011, 09:26 PM
2011 March Madness Champ

Again, it always makes me wonder when someone that is "new" posts that has knowledge of prior posts even though they are supposedly "new".
Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 PM
Scholarship Player

It was posted yesterday... And there is nothing new to release. I pray to God he comes to us. But we will all see in a week. And I don't count Bama out of this.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Banned

Thank you cummins

I wasn't meaning anything else
Old 02-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely73 View Post
What point of this update is new?
The date of announcement has been
known for a day now

we also know his mom has influence
in the decision

we know he has a basketball game too
why would he come if dabo is in Colorado?

Old 02-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Scholarship Player

What makes him a hater????
Old 02-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Scholarship Player

Quote:
Thank you cummins

I wasn't meaning anything else

I know you weren't.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Owner, Publisher

Neely this report was based on information we collected over the weekend and earlier today from sources very close to the situation.

We tried to give our members details on where the mom stands and why and where the grandfather stands and why. Don't believe you've ready anywhere else what we confirmed about the reasons the mother likes Clemson, where the grandfather prefers, the strained relationship between the mom and dad and the impact on this decision...etc.

Our information is based on talking with family members and other sources very close to the situation at South Pointe, not speculation.

Hopefully our members appreciate the info. If you feel you can get this information somewhere else feel free to do so.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Tiger Starter

If mom has a lot of pull, (and it sounds like she does)and Clowney himself said he's about staying off the streets, the answer is simple!

Dont listen to either fan base or coaching staff! Just take a look at the arrest records of each school ,and take 1 night this week to go to 5 forks and count drunk football players . That should do it !

Another thing :
It seems as though there may be a Coot in our midst ! Or possibly an Ard panty sniffer !
Sorry,but if the shoe fits...............

Smokin job as always Robert !

Last edited by DeathValleyMike; 02-07-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Walk On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Lance View Post
The news of the press conference TIME wasn't announced until today. Dabo is coming in town tomorrow, before the game. Yes, a few folks had speculated that his mother would be a huge influence, but few knew about his grandfather's influence. We never reported that Tuesday's game was a possibility, which is why we added that. We have gotten several questions about whether it was.

It's easy for folks to just say Mom likes Clemson because they saw her smiling at a basketball game, but we told you the reasons she likes Clemson, and they had nothing to do with basketball.

Next question?
Did anyone hear that Lateek Townsend after comitting to us at the US ARMY game. Called Spurrrier two days later wavering on his decision?? If so he's starting to get me worried about the next few years he's gonna be a Tiger!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandaman View Post
Did anyone hear that Lateek Townsend after comitting to us at the US ARMY game. Called Spurrrier two days later wavering on his decision?? If so he's starting to get me worried about the next few years he's gonna be a Tiger!!!
LT is no problem now dude ....the ink has dried and been filed !
Old 02-08-2011, 06:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
Neely this report was based on information we collected over the weekend and earlier today from sources very close to the situation.

We tried to give our members details on where the mom stands and why and where the grandfather stands and why. Don't believe you've ready anywhere else what we confirmed about the reasons the mother likes Clemson, where the grandfather prefers, the strained relationship between the mom and dad and the impact on this decision...etc.

Our information is based on talking with family members and other sources very close to the situation at South Pointe, not speculation.

Hopefully our members appreciate the info. If you feel you can get this information somewhere else feel free to do so.
Robert, I did not disagree with your information. In fact, I just said only it wasnt new. Thats all. One guy says the announcement time was NEW which wasnt.
If you think it was new information, then, thats your decision. I wasnt saying I can get this information elsewhere, etc, only that it wasnt new.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:57 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandaman View Post
Teek, punked sakerlina on National TV when he had the ESECPN Reporter declaring him to the chickens after he put on the Clemson Hat. Do you not understand that he was trolling the ole ball sac? You got to give Stevie credit he didn't bite.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Robert, I did not disagree with your information. In fact, I just said only it wasnt new. Thats all. One guy says the announcement time was NEW which wasnt.
If you think it was new information, then, thats your decision. I wasnt saying I can get this information elsewhere, etc, only that it wasnt new.
You keep referring to the time of the announcement, but make no comment on the rest of the info. Please tell us where you read the rest of the info Robert reported. You signup then come on here and post something negative right away. Then you don't respond. Very obvious why you are here.

I haven't seen anywhere else where they break down why mom likes Clemson. I haven't seen anywhere else discuss the relationship with her X. I havent' seen anywhere else where they say grandfather wants SC. You haven't either.

Thanks for the info Robert.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Two Deep

Just a thought here...After what Townsend pulled on Carolina during his announcement is it possible J.C. might be trying to get a little payback on Clemson during his announcement? Lets hope not.....
Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner07 View Post
Just a thought here...After what Townsend pulled on Carolina during his announcement is it possible J.C. might be trying to get a little payback on Clemson during his announcement? Lets hope not.....
Anything's possible in recruiting
Old 02-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Tiger Starter

I appreciate the hard work Robert. I am interested and enjoy getting a feel for how all this works. I'm an admitted recruiting junkie and the last few weeks have been fun. I get a kick out of this Clowney situation for one reason...we want to beat the chickens at EVERYTHING even if the kid doesn't pan out to be anything special (and you know he will) we can say he chose running down the hill over running out of a hole in the chicken coop. Nothing better than Clemson on gameday. Go Tigers!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Travel Team

Post Re: Monday Evening Clowney Update

gunner...I am a recent grad who was very close to a lot of the players most notably J. Meeks, JD's host on his visit. One thing that I can say is that most of those recruits, unlike us fans, could care less about the Clemson-Carolina rivalry UNTIL THEY HIT THEIR RESPECTIVE CAMPUS. So I'm sure that your comment about JD wanting to "get back" at Tiger Nation is probably off base.

OAN: J. Meeks has some inside info on JD's visit and decision that he will not tell me, but he assures that 2/14 will shake the college football world...
Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Walk On

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjenki2 View Post
gunner...I am a recent grad who was very close to a lot of the players most notably J. Meeks, JD's host on his visit. One thing that I can say is that most of those recruits, unlike us fans, could care less about the Clemson-Carolina rivalry UNTIL THEY HIT THEIR RESPECTIVE CAMPUS. So I'm sure that your comment about JD wanting to "get back" at Tiger Nation is probably off base.

OAN: J. Meeks has some inside info on JD's visit and decision that he will not tell me, but he assures that 2/14 will shake the college football world...
Hard for me to believe that him signing with USC would shake the college football world??

If he's going to shock the world, it's gotta be us, right?? Let's hope so.

This is like NSD all over again!