Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2018, 08:03 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default Nolan Smith has me smiling

I have a nice smile on my face this AM knowing that the Tigers are back in the mix with Nolan Smith. He is a franchise player that would be a huge, huge get if the Tigers could land him.

Georgia is stil the team to beat, but love the fact that he confirmed to me last night that he will take an official to Clemson. He has a great relationship with Mike Jones and Xavier Thomas. If you followed our reports from him he loves coach Venables and he and XT have talked about playing together at Clemson.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:15 AM
Ring of Honor

Default Re: Nolan Smith has me smiling

I'm cautiously optimistic. His "3-4" comment seems like someone has been feeding him garbage.....which is nothing new. We play multiple fronts, most teams do nowadays. He could definitely play standing up or with his hand in the ground. Should be interesting to follow!
Old 10-11-2018, 09:29 AM
NFL Tiger

Weel thats good. Back in August I asked about him since he did not even show up in the new recruiting list and you were not too optimistic. You think we are just filling out his visit list or has he had some significant dialog with CBV and others lately? Clearly being on his list is way better than not!
Old 10-11-2018, 09:36 AM

His commitment to the Dawgs seemed very solid a few months ago. Now that he is taking visits and he confirmed to me last night that Clemson will get one you have to feel a lot better.

He was added to our database a bit ago. If you read all of our stuff with him over the last year and a half you will see that Clemson definitely is a player if he backs of the commitment to Georgia.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:09 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
His commitment to the Dawgs seemed very solid a few months ago. Now that he is taking visits and he confirmed to me last night that Clemson will get one you have to feel a lot better.

He was added to our database a bit ago. If you read all of our stuff with him over the last year and a half you will see that Clemson definitely is a player if he backs of the commitment to Georgia.
well fingers crossed then! He would be a huge pick up!
Old 10-11-2018, 11:35 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post

Sort of in the same vein, Faatui Tuitele put Clemson in his top 5 back in May and he does not show up in our recruiting list have we stopped recruiting him? Seems like a key need and i saw he retweeted a Clemson DLine pic in Oct so it would seem we are still on his mind. Just wondering.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitiger View Post
Sort of in the same vein, Faatui Tuitele put Clemson in his top 5 back in May and he does not show up in our recruiting list have we stopped recruiting him? Seems like a key need and i saw he retweeted a Clemson DLine pic in Oct so it would seem we are still on his mind. Just wondering.
We view him as a longshot for the Tigers. Unless they get him back on campus for an official we don't feel he will be a Tiger. If he was to schedule a visit that would certainly change things.