Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > All Welcome > Joe's Place
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Clemson Insider

Send a message via AIM to Mpeay Send a message via MSN to Mpeay Send a message via Yahoo to Mpeay
Default Were you an Athlete?

Hey guys just because I am bored, I wanted to see who all has every played a sport for a high school team, a club team, a collegiate team, pro team. Make a list. Doesnt matter what sports lets see what we got.

My sports:

High School
4 years of football - Nose Guard, MLB
2 years of Wrestling- 112, 130
3 years of Baseball- 2nd base, right field
Old 04-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Default Re: Were you an Athlete?

High School:
4 years basketball-guard(1 state championship)
4 years of tennis-#2 seed(2 state championships)
4 years of swimming-IM and breaststroker

Clemson:
Basketball
Water Volley Ball
Does quarters count?
Old 04-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Charter Member - Clemson Insider

IN the Games I played RIGHT END Guard TACKLE and in Practice i was the Team GUINEA PIG

See in Practice I was the one who was there to run the ball and get hurt against the starting Defense

and then in the games I sat on THE RIGHT END of the bench and GUARDED the Water cooler and TACKLED anyone who got close that had no business drinking
Old 04-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Clemson Insider

Send a message via AIM to Mpeay Send a message via MSN to Mpeay Send a message via Yahoo to Mpeay

LOL i hear you JT, i did the same thing lol, to small to play in most games lol. and very nice barb you were one heck of an athlete and look like you could still give most ppl a run for their money.

I also had 3 state titles in football, and region championship in wrestling.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:10 PM
MR Perfidity - Clemson Insider

High School -- 3 years football, end (most of the time I played Guard -- sat on the end of the bench so I could guard the water bucket)

Broke my collar bone playing football my senior year and had to give up baseball as could not throw overhand. Started playing fast pitch softball and pitched on club team in college, in Army and league play until I was 45. I can't even get the ball to the play anymore.

Now to be more specific re the title of this thread -- "Were you an athlete". No, but I thought I was.

By the way, I'll be posting some stories about High School football in the 1930's in the near future on the above forums.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Clemson Insider

I can't wait Joe, i love to hear stories from the past. That sucks about the broken collar bone. But hey you dont have to play professionally to be an athlete just got to love the game you play.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe21 View Post
High School -- 3 years football, end (most of the time I played Guard -- sat on the end of the bench so I could guard the water bucket)

Broke my collar bone playing football my senior year and had to give up baseball as could not throw overhand. Started playing fast pitch softball and pitched on club team in college, in Army and league play until I was 45. I can't even get the ball to the play anymore.

Now to be more specific re the title of this thread -- "Were you an athlete". No, but I thought I was.

By the way, I'll be posting some stories about High School football in the 1930's in the near future on the above forums.
Can't wait my friend!!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Travel Team

I played 12 years football. (Had offers to play in college at small schools, but it wasn't Clemson so I didn't want to go. One of the Dumbest things I ever did.)
9 years baseball (teeball included lol).
3 years basketball.

Still play softball.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Travel Team

A huge three sport athlete -

Baseball - playing sandlot ball one day I got picked second overall (it should be noted that future Babe Ruth league standout Perry Cheeves had the measles that day, however.).

Basketball - beat my older brother playing "Horse" one day after school. He had to buy me a Pepsi, which gave me "Professional" status (no longer a high ranking amateur). My patented, trademark backwards over the head shot from the foul line did it for me.

Football - scored a touchdown when playing with then fiancee's (now wife's) little brothers and sisters after Sunday lunch one day in their front yard. It was a great broken field run - her fat little sister couldn't lay a hand on me..... shoulder feign to the left, stutter steps then a blast to the right. Faked her out of her patent leather with the bows high heels and XX Husky panty hose. Luckily for her, as she fell headlong onto the lawn, it was the really thick part - that always grows just over the septic tank.

Last edited by icmcumin; 04-17-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Clemson Insider

High school jv qb!! 1 year, till the whole being short slow and white thing caugh up to me.