Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Owner, Publisher

Default Great memories from this play

Old 08-12-2019, 09:16 PM
Way2tall

Default Re: Great memories from this play

What a great play. We were climbing the mountain!
Old 08-12-2019, 11:10 PM
Two Deep

That day was the day I interviewed for my current job!

I had a phone interview scheduled for that evening and then the game went long and I was worried I was going to miss the end of the game. Then they called and told me they were having trouble with the phone system that was supposed to record the interview and they had to postpone the interview for a bit and would call me back when they had it fixed. I watched the end of the game, went bananas and right afterwards they called back.

I got to see the end of the game, did the interview and that led to the job offer. Almost 10 years later and I'm still at the same church...God is good.

And for the record, the first time they called I had my priorities straight...the game was on mute for the end of regulation, but it was still on in the background!
Old 08-13-2019, 07:41 AM
Owner, Publisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslacktiger View Post
That day was the day I interviewed for my current job!

I had a phone interview scheduled for that evening and then the game went long and I was worried I was going to miss the end of the game. Then they called and told me they were having trouble with the phone system that was supposed to record the interview and they had to postpone the interview for a bit and would call me back when they had it fixed. I watched the end of the game, went bananas and right afterwards they called back.

I got to see the end of the game, did the interview and that led to the job offer. Almost 10 years later and I'm still at the same church...God is good.

And for the record, the first time they called I had my priorities straight...the game was on mute for the end of regulation, but it was still on in the background!
Good memory there
Old 08-13-2019, 09:37 AM
Tiger Starter

I remember in the interviews after the game, they said Jacoby drew that play up after how Miami's secondary was playing him.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:48 AM
TCI Staff

I was standing in the end zone when it happened, and when Ford scored, because it was such a great game, I did not realize it was over. It took me a few seconds to realize the game was over.

I worked for Clemson that year and if you recall tight end Michael Palmer suffered a major concussion in the game. He was in the locker room being treated and when he saw Clemson won the game he ran out onto the field. I was the first person he saw and ran over and hugged me in celebration.

The next Monday when I interviewed him for the pre-game show, I asked if he remembered anything from the game and he said no, he had no idea he ran onto the field and celebrated with the team.

It's crazy how the brain works.