Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2015, 10:30 AM
Owner, Publisher

Default Now that you have seen the schedule

Give us your win/loss predictions for this season.

2015 Football Schedule

Wofford at Clemson September 5

Appalachian State at Clemson September 12

Clemson at Louisville September 17 (Thursday)

Notre Dame at Clemson October 3

Georgia Tech at Clemson October 10

Boston College at Clemson October 17

Clemson at Miami October 24

Clemaon at NC State October 31

Florida State at Clemson November 7

Clemson at Syracuse November 14

Wake Forest at Clemson November 21

Clemson at South Carolina November 28
Old 01-29-2015, 10:33 AM
Travel Team

Default Re: Now that you have seen the schedule

Kinda worried about that Louisville Thursday night game but after that it's definitely manageable
Old 01-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Two Deep

NC State looks like a trap game.

That BC game is a little scary too after two games against physical teams.

16 days is a very long layoff. Probably too long.

WFU before Scar is the only obvious positive I see on the schedule.

It doesn't appear that any opponents have Open Date before we play them though.

Last edited by TigerEast; 01-29-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:50 AM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtigers8 View Post
Kinda worried about that Louisville Thursday night game but after that it's definitely manageable
Yeah the ACC really screwed us here. No other conference does this. They always give Thursday night teams the weekend before off. Thanks alot Swoffy.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Travel Team

I know this isn't going to be popular but I say 9-3 with a chance for another 10 win season in the bowl. Our D is gonna be tested really early and with only 5 days to prepare for LU. Two weeks later we have to prepare for GTs O after a huge game against ND. I believe we drop LU,GT, and game on the road due to inexperience in the front 7 and playing these games so early in the season. However, I hope I'm wrong and if our talented D matures quickly I could see this being a very special season! Go Tigers!
Old 01-29-2015, 11:14 AM
Ring of Honor

Undefeated in the Playoffs!
Old 01-29-2015, 11:26 AM
Travel Team

The Schedule doesn't matter...the only thing that matters for 2015 is Watson staying healthy...if he does we will be favored to win every game and will win every game no matter how the schedule works...Clemson is past "trap games" or "slip ups".
Old 01-29-2015, 11:42 AM
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEast View Post
NC State looks like a trap game.

That BC game is a little scary too after two games against physical teams.

16 days is a very long layoff. Probably too long.

WFU before Scar is the only obvious positive I see on the schedule.

It doesn't appear that any opponents have Open Date before we play them though.
I don't see N.C. State as a "trap game" for Clemson. They're going to be pretty good next year.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:07 PM
Ring of Honor

I see a worst case scenario at 10-2 with the possible losses being to GT and FSU. The Thursday game shouldn't be a problem. The first two games will give us a chance to play up to all 3 teams on both O and D lines and prevent too many injuries. It's the best case scenario if you have to play a Thursday game at all.

And we aren't the only ones it looks like. Pitt, UNC, GT all get their share of non-Saturday games and some have to come off ACC Saturday games to play on Thursday. I say we got one of the better schedules regarding Thursday.

And VT plays 3 games on days besides Saturday? Odd.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:33 PM
Ring of Honor

Worst case we're 10-2. GT and FSU are the major hurdles. The only question is can Watson stay healthy all year. If he does....then we might only lose one game.

There's just no excuse to lose to any of these other teams. The defense will be fine....we're not starting over and we have recruited too well to lose to some of these teams....even on our bad days.

Louisville lost a lot of production on defense and Parker....their best player.

NC State will be better, but c'mon...

We have to take that next step into becoming a perennial power...top5 type team every year. You cannot drop multiple conference games and do that.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonfan1364 View Post
Worst case we're 10-2. GT and FSU are the major hurdles. The only question is can Watson stay healthy all year. If he does....then we might only lose one game.

There's just no excuse to lose to any of these other teams. The defense will be fine....we're not starting over and we have recruited too well to lose to some of these teams....even on our bad days.

Louisville lost a lot of production on defense and Parker....their best player.

NC State will be better, but c'mon...

We have to take that next step into becoming a perennial power...top5 type team every year. You cannot drop multiple conference games and do that.
Pretty reasonable^
Old 01-29-2015, 02:22 PM
NFL Tiger

I'm not sure why everyone is scared of L'ville, GT and FSU. The only one that is bringing back their most talented offensive player is GT. UL lost Parker and FSU lost Lameis. Honestly, without those guys, who do they have that will be their go-to hero on offense? Did anyone see what Oregon did to FSU and what UGA did to UL? Neither ended on a good note and neither will beat Clemson. I don't care if it's a Tuesday morning, we won't lose to PapaJohn.

GT only scored 15 on our D. The other 13 was gifted to them. We may be missing Grady, Vic, etc, but this team is built for "next man up" and I just can't believe that our D will have a tremendous drop-off. Sure, we probably won't have the #1 D in the country, but I expect them to be in the top 10. This ain't Kevin Steele running the show, it's BV and he's a frickin genius! He knows how to keep his guys fired up and focused and they WILL be ready. And we got Mack, who talks smack, and then backs it up. "Coverage sack" will be the most used term by announcers during our games in 2015.

And there's no such thing as "trap games" for Clemson. That would be "Clemsoning" and those days are long gone. Dabo & co. make sure these guys are prepared to win each Saturday with ZERO let-down, regardless of opponent.

Maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I'm on to something. I don't know. But, I see a big fat ZERO in the loss column at season's end. Can we win it all? I'm not sure. I think we can get to the playoff. And I don't think we'll go out like FSU. My way, way, way, too early prediction? We lose in the NCG in a close game (FG in closing seconds) to... OSU (because the SEC is done!).
Old 01-29-2015, 03:05 PM
Ring of Honor

Walhalla...I'm with you. We don't do trap games and nothing about Louisville or Notre Dame worry me at all.

GT and FSU should be tougher match-ups, but if Watson is healthy then we are winning. GT will not be good on defense. FSU has a lot of holes to fill. Yes, they recruit well....but so do we and I like our player development over them.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:55 PM
Tiger Starter

This offense will rival the offense that featured Boyd, Ellington, Watkins, Bryant, Allen, and Brown from 2012. And I think our defense this coming year will be better than the bunch from 2012. We will be good.

11-1 is my prediction with the loss being @UL or against ND. A loss that early with a win over FSU means we play for an ACC title and potentially a spot in the playoffs.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:08 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonfan1364 View Post
Walhalla...I'm with you. We don't do trap games and nothing about Louisville or Notre Dame worry me at all.

GT and FSU should be tougher match-ups, but if Watson is healthy then we are winning. GT will not be good on defense. FSU has a lot of holes to fill. Yes, they recruit well....but so do we and I like our player development over them.
I'm not scared of this schedule. If you want to proclaim you're the best then you have to go out and show these analyst, coaches, and other media outlets that you truly are. Who want's a top 5 recruiting class if you can't go into Louisville and beat them? Line them up and lets play ball. We want the title then we have to go out and earn it. Stop all this talking scared crap.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:36 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by denvertigrz View Post
The Schedule doesn't matter...the only thing that matters for 2015 is Watson staying healthy...if he does we will be favored to win every game and will win every game no matter how the schedule works...Clemson is past "trap games" or "slip ups".
ND and FSU will be favored IMO with GT and UL very close to if not favored.

Having said that 10-2
Old 01-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Travel Team

Average Season: 10-2
With good luck and no injuries: 11-1
With bad luck or major injuries: 8-4 or 9-3