Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2019, 10:42 AM
TCI Staff

Default Why is Herbstreit comparing Clemson to Golden State?

From the Packer and Durham show on Wednesday.

“I kind of kid about Dabo because I think some of this is kind of getting out of hand. I know that he is trying to motivate his team and get them fired up and send a message to the media to make the media the enemy and kind of rally around it. That Little Ole Clemson kind of thing.

“But I don’t know anybody in the media that is saying that Clemson is not deserving, or Clemson is not good or anything like that. I think everyone is just trying to wait for them to get into the playoffs.
“It is like when Golden State is playing in the regular season. It is kind of like call me when Golden State gets to the Western Conference finals. It is nothing to really get emotional about until then. That is how I have felt about Clemson all year.

“There is nobody that they played all year that made you go, ‘This is going to be interesting.’ They have just blown everybody out. It doesn’t mean they are a bad team it just means that they … He can say what he wants about the ACC in 2019, but it is not a great conference. Historically, they have had great teams, they had great individual players that go and play in the NFL. This is not one of those years. They just don’t have great teams top to bottom.

“We will find out how good people think they are once they get through Charlotte and they find out who their opponent is and who they play in the playoff. That is what everybody is going to be bracing for. Now, let’s go see Clemson and until then there is not a whole lot they can do no matter who they beat and how badly they beat them. Everybody just says, ‘Oh yeah! That is what they are supposed to do. I am not saying it is fair. I’m just saying that is what the majority of people are thinking about them.