Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2021, 10:52 PM
Two Deep

Default Re: Clemson Recruiting 2022

The big week is finally here. On Friday, top recruits will start to trickle in for the Elite Retreat, Clemson’s premier summer recruiting event. Most of our preferred targets will be in town and hopefully bonds will be made that cement this Class of 2022. More on that a bit later but first some updates of the comings and goings of the last week.

RB
Branson Robinson has emerged as our top running back target but, as I have warned in previous notes, UGA will be extremely tough to beat here. He was on his official visit to Athens last weekend and all indications are that he had an amazing trip. I follow an unaffiliated (non-247/rivals) source for Georgia recruiting and he is labeling him as a lock. His hit rate is extremely high when he puts in his prediction, not like others who forecast every 5-star into the UGA class year after year. I don’t want to say there is zero chance but I’m very curious to see if he makes it to Clemson this weekend. If he does, our staff will do everything in their power to turn the momentum.

Trevor Etienne included us in his recent Twitter top-10. I still maintain he is the most likely RB to end up in our class but there is still work to do. He’s not just going to follow in his brother’s footsteps and has always maintained that he grew up an LSU fan. Our job got a little tougher there when their top RB target (Leveon Moss from Baton Rouge) committed to Bama over the weekend. Positive is it takes Bama out of the running for now; negative is the Bayou tigers may turn the heat up on ETNv2. Will be interesting to watch this develop.

WR
Brenen Thompson seems to be trending away from us at the moment. No major buzz but the instate schools are trying to make a big push to lure him. In my next full prospect update, he will be moved to the “strongly considering” category.

Antonio Williams was on campus to work out for the coaches last weekend. He did not end up with an offer so that tells me the coaches either are still holding out for BT or just aren’t sold with what they see in him. We really are pushing for a shiftier slot-style receiver for the second take in this class. There isn’t another prospect that fits that description on our radar right now so I will be be watching the coaching staff’s moves with great interest.

Another name to keep an eye on is Andre Greene out of VA. He is a taller receiver more like our 9-style and we have been showing him some love lately but no offer yet. If we decide to take a third WR or completely strike out in the slot, he could be the guy.

TE
Speaking of developments that may lead us to take a third WR, tight end recruiting is looking bleak right now. Jaleel Skinner seems to be leaning elsewhere and it does not feel like the coaches are making him a priority. He was on campus for a workout but not a lot of buzz has come from the interactions. He’s another player I would be moving down a category in my rating system.

The other TE we are after is Oscar Delp. I have intentionally not written about him in the past as he falls in a similar situation as Branson Robinson above. He’s saying all the nice things about us but behind the scenes, all his actions are pointing to the Dawgs. Don’t get your hopes up here.

With those developments, I question whether we even take a tight end this class.

DL

We got great news on our top defensive tackle target Travis Shaw. He will be making it to Clemson this weekend and the coaches can put on the full court press. This is our guy at that position so we are not going down without a fight and we have a track record of getting the ones we want on the defensive line. UGA and UNC remain the competition here.

DJ Wesolak is one I would put on commit watch but he also may want to take his remaining visits.

Jihaad Campbell is in Clemson right now and I’m still feeling good with him.

Still no confirmed date for Enai White but he continues to report that he will make it to see us in June.

Kenyatta Jackson wants to make a summertime decision but with us not allowing officials, he has decided to set up full visits to other schools on the weekends in June. Things are trending away with him.

LB/S
Jaren Kanak did end up with the offer he coveted after camping with our staff. Things are trending up here and I would add him to the “good position” category.

LB
We also offered Demario Tolan while he was at camp. Worth watching but I don’t see him ending up in orange at this time.

CB
Two priority guys at this position will be at the Retreat and both are on commit watch. I put Jeadyn Lukus with the highest possibility but also think Pride could pull the trigger now that he got a chance to official to OSU last weekend. Either of them could decide they’ve seen enough and seal the deal. We can sell both opportunity and development here as we only took one corner in the Class of 21 and have been putting guys in the league lately. Feeling great here.

Daylen Everette is on campus right now with IMG teammates.

S
Zion Branch had his official visit to OSU last weekend and all indications are that they lead now. They also offered his brother who is a talented ‘23 wide receiver. He was always going to be a tough pull for us but USC was perceived as the team to beat. Right now he is not planning to visit us this summer but does have an OV locked in for November. He is our top pure safety target so we have some work if we want to get back in this.

All that being said, I cannot wait to see all the social media and reports that come out this weekend. Our coaches are in their element in person and it has been far too long since they could show the true Clemson experience. Anticipating some fireworks this weekend, fingers crossed, with the players mentioned above but also some potential surprises. Stay tuned, it’s just getting wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodTiger View Post

QB
Cade Klubnik - June 12 (Elite Retreat)

RB
Branson Robinson - June 12 (Elite Retreat)
Trevor Etienne - Undecided

WR
Adam Randall - June 12 (Elite Retreat)
Brenen Thomson - Undecided (fall official)
Antonio Williams - June 6*

TE
Jaleel Skinner - June 12 (Elite Retreat)

OL
Colin Sadler - June 12 (Elite Retreat)
Blake Miller - June 12 (Elite Retreat)
Julian Armella - Undecided

DT
Travis Shaw - June 12 (Elite Retreat)
Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy - Undecided
Hero Kanu - June 3

DE
DJ Wesolak - June 12 (Elite Retreat)
Jihaad Campbell - June 8
Enai White - June ?
Shemar Stewart - June 17
Kenyatta Jackson - Undecided
Cyrus Moss - Undecided (fall official)
Samuel Okunola - Undecided

LB/S
Keon Sabb - June 12 (Elite Retreat)
Daniel Martin - Undecided
Jaren Kanak - June 1
Deuce Caldwell - June 1*

CB
Jeadyn Lukus - June 12 (Elite Retreat)
Toriano Pride - June 12 (Elite Retreat)
Daylen Everette - June 8
Jayden Bellamy - Summer
Caleb Coley - June 8

Safety
Zion Branch - Nov 12 (Official)
Sherrod Covil - June 12 (Elite Retreat)
Azareyeh Thomas - Undecided

*Haven’t officially been offered

Last edited by BloodTiger; 06-09-2021 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:47 AM
Travel Team

Good to hear the real story about these recruits…
Old 06-10-2021, 10:00 PM
Two Deep

Andre Greene Jr was at camp today and the coaches extended him an official offer. This will move us into one of his top schools.

Quote:

Another name to keep an eye on is Andre Greene out of VA. He is a taller receiver more like our 9-style and we have been showing him some love lately but no offer yet. If we decide to take a third WR or completely strike out in the slot, he could be the guy.
Old 06-11-2021, 11:49 PM
Two Deep

Jaleel Skinner, who was originally scheduled to attend the Elite Retreat will instead be in Florida this weekend at IMG taking part in one of their camps.

Quote:

Speaking of developments that may lead us to take a third WR, tight end recruiting is looking bleak right now. Jaleel Skinner seems to be leaning elsewhere and it does not feel like the coaches are making him a priority. He was on campus for a workout but not a lot of buzz has come from the interactions. He’s another player I would be moving down a category in my rating system.
Old 06-12-2021, 05:40 AM
Two Deep

I have been hoping Trevor Etienne would make it this weekend but reports out of his camp are few and far between and I had yet to see any sort of confirmation until our very own Gavin Oliver’s visit primer.

That is great to hear he will be on campus.

Quote:

Trevor Etienne included us in his recent Twitter top-10. I still maintain he is the most likely RB to end up in our class but there is still work to do. He’s not just going to follow in his brother’s footsteps and has always maintained that he grew up an LSU fan. Our job got a little tougher there when their top RB target (Leveon Moss from Baton Rouge) committed to Bama over the weekend. Positive is it takes Bama out of the running for now; negative is the Bayou tigers may turn the heat up on ETNv2. Will be interesting to watch this develop.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:56 AM
NFL Tiger

Heard Pride pulled the trigger.
Old 06-12-2021, 10:44 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
That would be a great start to the weekend
Old 06-14-2021, 06:44 PM
Two Deep

The big recruiting weekend was a rousing success. Tons of good feedback has already been reported that the group on campus really bonded and solidified relationships. To a man, they all said they enjoyed seeing campus, getting into the facilities and spending time at Dabo's house. Almost all of them posted pictures in uniform and damn did they all look good in orange.

There is obviously still a long way to go but the groundwork has been laid for an excellent class. On to some updates:

The Good

Quite a few top targets came away close to committing or with us as leaders. Take a look my new breakdown at the bottom of the post to see some guys that got bumped into the top category. DB and DL recruiting are looking good.

Trevor Etienne was on campus. We need to make him a priority. More on that below.

We got Travis Shaw on campus and showed him the love. Did you see the photo with him and the majority of the current defensive tackles? Nice.

The Bad

Anyone that follows this threads knows this was not an unexpected development but Branson Robinson did not make it to campus. He's a dawg. Time for the coaches to focus on ETNv2 or offer another target if we want a RB in this class.

Jaleel Skinner did not make it back to campus as expected. Not sure that we take a TE this year.

The Excellent

We got a new kicker. We haven't offered a full scholarship since BT Potter, so this is the right timing as he enters his senior year.

The next big recruiting weekend will be the cookout at the end of July. I think you will see a handful of guys commit before then, after they take their remaining June visits and see what they need to see. Maybe a couple wait until then. Class of 22 is starting to shape up. Get ready for some fireworks.

* Please note that I have added a new category called "Mutual Interest Waning". These are players that either the staff has cooled on or the kid is no longer considering us but hasn't officially dropped us from their top-school list. I thought it was appropriate to have this new level.

Quote:

Current Commitments (5)
Cade Klubnik QB 4*
Adam Randall WR 4*
Blake Miller OL 4*
Collin Sadler OL 4*
Robert Gunn K * (Committed 6/14)

In Good Position to Land Commitment (10)
Trevor Etienne RB 4*
Andre Greene Jr WR 4* (New offer)
Travis Shaw DT 5*
DJ Wesolak DE 4* (Leader)
Jihaad Campbell DE 4*
Jaren Kanak LB 3* (New offer)
Jeadyn Lukus CB 5*
Daylen Everette CB 5*
Toriano Pride CB 4*
Sherrod Covil S 4* (Leader)

Others Strongly Considering (11)
Brenen Thompson WR 4* (Work to do)
Jaleel Skinner TE 4* (Focus is elsewhere)
Julian Armella OL 4*
Shemar Stewart DE 5*
Enai White DE 4*
Samuel Okunlola DE 3*
Daniel Martin LB 4*
Nikai Martinez CB 4*
Keon Sabb S 5* (Twitter Top-6 June)
Zion Branch S 4*
Azareyeh Thomas S 4*

*Mutual Interest Waning (4)
Gunner Givens OL 4*
Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy DT 5*
Kenyatta Jackson DE 4*
TJ Dudley LB 4*

Removed from Consideration (5)
Ty Simpson QB 5* (Committed to Bama)
Walter Nolen DT 5*
Jalon Walker LB 4* (Committed to UGA)
Jaheim Singletary CB 5* (Committed to OSU)
Larry Turner-Gooden DB 4* (Committed to ASU)

Last edited by BloodTiger; 06-14-2021 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:55 PM
Founder/Publisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Not sure where you heard that but there some folks out there Saturday that weren't correct. He told Gavin Saturday night he had not.

He was one we were tracking going into the weekend and think he will at some point.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:46 PM
NFL Tiger

Alexander?
Old 06-14-2021, 10:14 PM
Two Deep

Letting that one marinate.

I’ll believe he’s not going to Bama when he gives us more than a bit of lip service.

Until then, I still see him as a longshot at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMITH2554 View Post
Alexander?