Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2014, 08:09 AM
Founder/Publisher

Default Yet to be determined - Tanner Muse

Article
Old 12-17-2014, 08:12 AM
Founder/Publisher

Default Re: Yet to be determined - Tanner Muse

For the record the information I have from a good source is that it is unlikely that Muse would be a high enough draft pick to not make it an easy decision to come to Clemson.

We will monitor that and see if there is any change to that projection.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Travel Team

Would Muse play both sports at Clemson?
Old 12-18-2014, 03:40 PM
NFL Tiger

Is he really a pro caliber football player or is he a talented kid trying to break into a pretty good college defensive backfield. He is still "only" rated as a 3* football player. If he can reach even 2nd round draft status its worth nearly a million and up. If you don't think you can make it to the pros as a football player and most don't then a 1-3 round baseball offer right out of HS is pretty dang attractive.

The Spartanburg paper said he changed from early enrollment in order to play his last season of baseball. Thats's gotta mean he thinks he has the skills to be an early draft pick. I think he plays baseball if taken in first 1-2 rounds. If not no harm no foul he can maybe play both at Clemson!!
Old 12-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Tiger Starter

I don't think that a NFL career is an issue in his decision. If he is drafted very high in the MLB Draft. I can't imagine that he would turn that contract down. If he doesn't go very high. He comes to Clemson and plays both football and baseball. After 3 seasons of playing both. He will have enough information to see where his future will be.
Old 12-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Founder/Publisher

Based on what I have heard I don't expect him to be drafted high enough to make him think twice about coming to Clemson
Old 12-18-2014, 11:34 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitiger View Post
Is he really a pro caliber football player or is he a talented kid trying to break into a pretty good college defensive backfield. He is still "only" rated as a 3* football player. If he can reach even 2nd round draft status its worth nearly a million and up. If you don't think you can make it to the pros as a football player and most don't then a 1-3 round baseball offer right out of HS is pretty dang attractive.

The Spartanburg paper said he changed from early enrollment in order to play his last season of baseball. Thats's gotta mean he thinks he has the skills to be an early draft pick. I think he plays baseball if taken in first 1-2 rounds. If not no harm no foul he can maybe play both at Clemson!!

Those star rankings can be trivial in the long run. Coty Sensabaugh was a 2* and Bashaud Breeland was a 3* and they are both playing on Sundays. Not to mention Grady Jarret who was a 3*, and was also the most dominate DT in CFB the last couple of seasons and will definitely suit up on Sundays.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:15 AM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by novembersun View Post
Those star rankings can be trivial in the long run. Coty Sensabaugh was a 2* and Bashaud Breeland was a 3* and they are both playing on Sundays. Not to mention Grady Jarret who was a 3*, and was also the most dominate DT in CFB the last couple of seasons and will definitely suit up on Sundays.
A lot of our best guys were not so highly rated. Looking at this current team alone, Vic Beasley was barely rated a 3 star by some and I never found any rating him at 4!! It is all relative and subjective.

The fact that Muse is "only" rated as a 3 star doesn't mean he couldn't or wouldn't be a starting star eventually.

After seeing his first year of play, does it make sense for Deshaun Watson to have been the "best" QB of his class but "only" a 4 star?