Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > All Welcome > Tiger Walk
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Ring of Honor

Question Vic Koenning

Did anyone notice that Vic Koenning left Kansas State to become the DC at Illinois? Apparently, Georgia was also trying to recruit him.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Banned

Default Re: Vic Koenning

Ron West is also on Illinois' staff......
Old 12-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Scholarship Player

Firing K had to be a personality conflict.... control issue.... something between him and dabo...... I thought that and keeping napier were bad moves off the bat. We had a good defense under K.

I'm still unsure of Steele though. Like he has local ties and is respected but his responsibilites do not seem to be working out for him. My first uh-o on him was when he punched the locker or whatever trying to fire up the team for Miami or whoever.... Don't get me wrong I like a ooach getting his players fired up but at his age you would think he had more sense than that and or more likely have learned that lesson before???? I punched a steel door in Johnstone freshman year and moved my right pinkie nuckle back a half inch... never did that again
Old 03-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger91 View Post
Firing K had to be a personality conflict.... control issue.... something between him and dabo...... I thought that and keeping napier were bad moves off the bat. We had a good defense under K.

I'm still unsure of Steele though. Like he has local ties and is respected but his responsibilites do not seem to be working out for him. My first uh-o on him was when he punched the locker or whatever trying to fire up the team for Miami or whoever.... Don't get me wrong I like a ooach getting his players fired up but at his age you would think he had more sense than that and or more likely have learned that lesson before???? I punched a steel door in Johnstone freshman year and moved my right pinkie nuckle back a half inch... never did that again
I always understood it that Koenning quit us, not us firing him per se. Dabo may have also told VK that VK had to go, but sense VK was more than willing. He was upset he wasn't given the HC job...at least that is what I heard. I hated to lose him.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Walk On

We were headed in a bad direction defensively anyway. Just look at what Georgia was going through at the time with Martinez. Same system, almost got Richt fired. And it DEFINITELY wouldn't have worked alongside Chad Morris's HUNH.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Scholarship Player

GReat thread here he was a good one I thought just had no offense in his years