Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2019, 12:30 PM
Owner, Publisher

Default David Hale takes a few jabs at Dabo

Last edited by Robert Thorne MacRae; 08-15-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:51 PM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: David Hale takes a few jabs at Dabo

This is a weak stance by David.

Dabo has said is priorities are:
1 Faith
2 Family
3 Football

...and he has not wavered from that. What is it that David thinks has changed that would prompt Dabo to be anyone other than himself?

When Dabo stops being Dabo and starts trying to be something he isn't, doesn't that affect his message, his method of operation, and his sincerity?

This notion that Dabo has to make a change for the good of football seems arbitrary "at best".
Take WSU's Mike Leach for example. You never know what is going to come out of his mouth, but you do know he can coach football. As long as his title is Head Football Coach, his opinions of what constitutes a valid belly flop are irrelevant. His responsibilities are to the benefit and well being of his players.

The is the nautical equivalent of a shot across the stern.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:53 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
I disagree with Dabo on a bunch of things, and I agree that he’s said things that probably don’t hold up well to criticism (his screed against the media after SC players accused Clemson of racist language was bad and he prob didn’t state his Kap argument well).
— That's so David (@ADavidHaleJoint) August 15, 2019
The bigger issue is that I think Dabo still speaks from the gut, as it comes to him, while the spotlight on him has changed and his words have more meaning than before. He needs to realize that he’s not speaking just for Dabo anymore, but for the sport.
— That's so David (@ADavidHaleJoint) August 15, 2019

Come on. What about the 25 other tweets he posted in that thread? He listed way more complimentary things than he did negative. Even stated at the end that he would probably get banged for being in the bag for the Dabo. Why pull out just these two and not the whole thread?
Old 08-15-2019, 12:57 PM
Owner, Publisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos View Post
Come on. What about the 25 other tweets he posted in that thread? He listed way more complimentary things than he did negative. Even stated at the end that he would probably get banged for being in the bag for the Dabo. Why pull out just these two and not the whole thread?
Because those are the two negative ones I found and I'm in the middle of putting up information from the scrimmage.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:25 AM
Two Deep

He said a lot of good things about Dabo. Another reporter I guess fabricated a story about Dabo being evil or something ( I did not read that story but only the headline) and the tweets from David Hale seemed to back Dabo and support Dabo. David shared a couple of other tweets where he stated that he did not agree with Dabo but he was quite supportive of Dabo and how genuine Dabo is, etc.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:11 AM
Travel Team

Yeah those tweets are out of context, it’s a thread somewhat refuting the hit piece done by some no name leftist writer at a no name paper called NY Mag, want to call someone out it should be that douche writer. But I wouldn’t want to give it any more attention than it already has honestly.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:12 PM
ROY BUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelongstroke View Post
This is a weak stance by David.

Dabo has said is priorities are:
1 Faith
2 Family
3 Football

...and he has not wavered from that. What is it that David thinks has changed that would prompt Dabo to be anyone other than himself?

When Dabo stops being Dabo and starts trying to be something he isn't, doesn't that affect his message, his method of operation, and his sincerity?

This notion that Dabo has to make a change for the good of football seems arbitrary "at best".
Take WSU's Mike Leach for example. You never know what is going to come out of his mouth, but you do know he can coach football. As long as his title is Head Football Coach, his opinions of what constitutes a valid belly flop are irrelevant. His responsibilities are to the benefit and well being of his players.

The is the nautical equivalent of a shot across the stern.

Hard to expand on that excellent post.

David Hale is required to write things daily. It is his job.
Like most in that field, he is not good at it. Take the recent article on Trevor for example. It could be a great read, but is less as Hale is a poor writer.

Hale needs to promote himself as being a writer requires that.
He does not feel that being all in with Dabo is good for his readers.
Keep in mind that success attracts people who hate those who achieve it. To keep many readers on board, Hale seeks a middle ground where cowards live.

Dabo has no middle ground. Some like him, some do not.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:00 PM
TCI Staff

My whole thing, that I don't understand, why is this brought up from a Christian Wilkins story from three years ago?
Old 08-17-2019, 04:30 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post
My whole thing, that I don't understand, why is this brought up from a Christian Wilkins story from three years ago?
It wasn't. It's about a 12-15 tweet rant. This is probably 8-10 tweets deep in said rant.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:40 AM
Tiger Starter

In my experience David does not take jobs...he writes articles and pretty good ones at that. We will not always agree with him but his work is usually well thought out. One of the few at ESPN I follow.

If you use Twitter it would be worth your time to find the group of tweets we are discussing.