Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2019, 05:11 PM
NFL Tiger

Default ACCN on Directv... WTH!

So has anybody heard what channel the network will be broadcast on? Secondly, I just saw posted by someone on Tnet that they were told by some clueless customer service rep that the Premier package is needed to receive the network. Thatís absolutely ridiculous. Iíve scoured their bloated website and nothing can be found anywhere about the ACCN. Itís hard to figure how Directv could bungle this any worse at less than 1 week out. Why did they even decide to add the network if they have no interest to help market it. Of course the ACCís website isnít of much help either.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:56 PM
TCI Staff

Default Re: ACCN on Directv... WTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
So has anybody heard what channel the network will be broadcast on? Secondly, I just saw posted by someone on Tnet that they were told by some clueless customer service rep that the Premier package is needed to receive the network. Thatís absolutely ridiculous. Iíve scoured their bloated website and nothing can be found anywhere about the ACCN. Itís hard to figure how Directv could bungle this any worse at less than 1 week out. Why did they even decide to add the network if they have no interest to help market it. Of course the ACCís website isnít of much help either.
They have not listed the channel just yet, but I would imagine it will be in the 600 area like it is for SEC Network. Also, if you get the SEC Network, CBS Sports Network, NHL Network, NBC Sports Network, MLB Network or Big Ten Network, then you have the package you need already.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:58 PM
Ring of Honor

Itís not just DTV. Iíve been eying to figure out what channel and package you need on Verizon Fios but canít find anything.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:15 PM
Clemson Insider

Quote:
So has anybody heard what channel the network will be broadcast on? Secondly, I just saw posted by someone on Tnet that they were told by some clueless customer service rep that the Premier package is needed to receive the network. That’s absolutely ridiculous. I’ve scoured their bloated website and nothing can be found anywhere about the ACCN. It’s hard to figure how Directv could bungle this any worse at less than 1 week out. Why did they even decide to add the network if they have no interest to help market it. Of course the ACC’s website isn’t of much help either.
I actually had trouble with my Directv. So I had to have a guy come to the house on Thursday and he doesn’t even know the channel. He even asked there IT guy and they didn’t know. He said once it becomes official they will send an email. Me personally think it will be close to the SEC or BIG10 channel.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:14 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post
They have not listed the channel just yet, but I would imagine it will be in the 600 area like it is for SEC Network. Also, if you get the SEC Network, CBS Sports Network, NHL Network, NBC Sports Network, MLB Network or Big Ten Network, then you have the package you need already.
Ok, Iím putting my trust in you Will. If things go south Iíll be sure to give you all the heat🙂
Old 08-18-2019, 09:07 AM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Ok, Iím putting my trust in you Will. If things go south Iíll be sure to give you all the heat🙂
Don't shoot the messenger. Just going by what Clemson officials told me.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:06 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
If you end up on day-of-the-game without the channel, you can sign up for a 7-day free trial of one of the streaming services that carry it and watch the game (So long as you have internet). Don't want you to be left without the game in case things with DTV don't go as planned.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:18 AM
NFL Tiger

Right about backup plan. Would not be surprised if DirectTV messes something up. Iíve got a basic Hulu acct, so that will the go to in a pinch.
Old 08-19-2019, 02:55 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Right about backup plan. Would not be surprised if DirectTV messes something up. Iíve got a basic Hulu acct, so that will the go to in a pinch.
Basic Hulu wont get you. You need Hulu Live...$45/mo. I'm going with Youtube TV and dumping UVerse...Tminus 48 hours and counting.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:02 PM
Ring of Honor

YouTube tv...if Home Telecom doesnt add it. Supposedly the interface is better than hulu...we'll see.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:40 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
You will need HuluLive as another poster suggested.

Fall back plan should be YouTubeTV's 7-day free-trial (I don't know if Hulu or Playstation Vue offer free trials right now), then make a decision after that.

If you decide to stick with streaming, be sure to investigate all channel lineups, extra features (such as DVR), and number of concurrent streams. Those vary across all providers.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:46 PM
Tiger Starter

We've upgraded our tailgate setup this year for TV/Satellite. Only problem--our provider is Dish Network.. and guess what? They don't carry the ACC network! Right now at least. These contract disputes are becoming a major issue. They're a glaring reminder that more and more folks are cutting the cord.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:04 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: ACCN on Directv... WTH!

Hopefully between August 22nd and game time on August 29th we will all be able to figure it out!

Unfortunately, this list of DIRECTV channels makes me wonder where they will put the ACC Network.

https://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_DirecTV_channels

Last edited by Tiger80; 08-19-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-19-2019, 04:18 PM
Ring of Honor

Home Telecom (Moncks Corner) just called and will be carrying the ACC network! Thank God! Lol.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:59 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWBMCSE View Post
Basic Hulu wont get you. You need Hulu Live...$45/mo. I'm going with Youtube TV and dumping UVerse...Tminus 48 hours and counting.
Yep, knew about the need to upgrade, but I figure that will be the quickest way to get a short term backup plan going since I already have a registered account and know the roku box does a good job for streaming Hulu content.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:17 PM
Travel Team

I question if we go with the Free Trial period on any of the systems will the Free Trial give us access to the ACCN?

Or will we have to actually sign up to get access to the ACCN.

Why would they give us the ACCN during the Free Trail knowing that is all many of us want in the 1st week.

I think most of the Clemson games will be on another ESPN network during the season while the UNCs, Dukes, and others will be on the ACCN during the season. Clemson may be on there 2 or 3 times at the most.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:35 AM
Owner, Publisher

Just two more days and everyone will be able to figure out what they have.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:32 AM
NFL Tiger

According to a moderator at the AT&T customer forum, Directv has been testing ACCN on channel 612. Thatís info from a moderator (ie not someone who works at Directv), so itís nothing official but a good place to look first when they go live. What a terrible way to manage a business thatís hemorrhaging customers daily.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:35 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
Just two more days and everyone will be able to figure out what they have.
The good news is that weíll only be missing out on wall to wall Duke basketball while we sort things out that first night.
Old 08-20-2019, 08:36 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
I question if we go with the Free Trial period on any of the systems will the Free Trial give us access to the ACCN?

Or will we have to actually sign up to get access to the ACCN.

Why would they give us the ACCN during the Free Trail knowing that is all many of us want in the 1st week.

I think most of the Clemson games will be on another ESPN network during the season while the UNCs, Dukes, and others will be on the ACCN during the season. Clemson may be on there 2 or 3 times at the most.
You likely will sign up for a plan, input credit card info, and then you will have to cancel your account within 7 days or be charged a full month's service. That's usually what "Free-trial" means with stuff like that.