Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2020, 09:10 AM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Clemson loses director of recruiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodTiger View Post
I disagree that “everyone wins”. Recruiting is about building relationships. The communication is formed over multiple years of getting to know a player and him getting comfortable with the program, facilities, campus life, etc. Several of these kids are recruited as early as their freshman year of HS.

Continuity of a staff is huge on maintaining those relationships especially for a program like Clemson who doesn’t have the history, fan support, and shoe $$$ to throw at these kids.

Let’s call it like it is. Brad helped out a friend and we got a 9 month loaner that did little to push our situation forward.

I, for one, don’t like it and am more than entitled to express my opinion. If you disagree, so be it.
Guess you missed the part about the coaches building the long term relationships and this guy being in more of a mentor role for our coaches plus providing some contacts or an in for our coaches. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:41 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodTiger View Post
I disagree that “everyone wins”. Recruiting is about building relationships. The communication is formed over multiple years of getting to know a player and him getting comfortable with the program, facilities, campus life, etc. Several of these kids are recruited as early as their freshman year of HS.

Continuity of a staff is huge on maintaining those relationships especially for a program like Clemson who doesn’t have the history, fan support, and shoe $$$ to throw at these kids.

Let’s call it like it is. Brad helped out a friend and we got a 9 month loaner that did little to push our situation forward.

I, for one, don’t like it and am more than entitled to express my opinion. If you disagree, so be it.

I don't think you understand what the director of recruiting does.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:08 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Keller View Post
I don't think you understand what the director of recruiting does.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:39 AM
NFL Tiger

This thread got more participation than I would have anticipated. The recruiting director for basketball with a 9 month tenure. If you had mentioned the guy’s name only a few folks would even know what he did at Clemson.