Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2022, 08:11 PM
Founder/Publisher

Default Swinney: Uiagalelei on the mat with a two-count

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2022/1...h-a-two-count/
Old 11-30-2022, 08:34 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Swinney: Uiagalelei on the mat with a two-count

I like it.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:22 AM
Tiger Starter

More like the Rick Flair figure four leg lock or Stings scorpion lol
Old 12-01-2022, 07:34 AM
Ring of Honor

All season Dabo has said this team is talented and more importantly coachable. Why is execution such a glaring problem in week 13? Time for the coaches to wake up and look at how they are getting their jobs done.
Old 12-01-2022, 11:12 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
All season Dabo has said this team is talented and more importantly coachable. Why is execution such a glaring problem in week 13? Time for the coaches to wake up and look at how they are getting their jobs done.

You know I agree. At this point in the season the team should be executing at a high level and getting better each week. We just look soft (for lack of a better word) soft mentally. OL WR DL DB QB all have bad mental lapses that cost us drive momentum and eventually games. They whole team just mailed it in at ND - that was plain embarrassing. And you know what.... the unc QB Maye could shred our DBs this week if the front 4 cant get consistent pressure. Just a disappointing season defensively based on the preseason outlook. Our DL has way under performed.

Old 12-01-2022, 03:12 PM
Two Deep

I think the jury is still out on if DJ could win a playoff game. I would like to see what he could do with WRs like TL and DW had. In 2016 DW had Deon Cain, Ray Ray McCloud, Artavis Scott, Renfrow, M. Williams, Cornell Powell. TE Jordan Legget. None of those except Powell were Freshmen. That is a truly stacked WR group. In 2018 TL had Renfrow, Amari Rogers, Tee, Justyn Ross (who was good as a freshman and then became injury prone and never fully recovered), and Cornell Powell. Again the only freshman was Ross. Pretty good group there. Now lets look at what DJ has had to work with; 2021 WRs were Ladson (out with injury), Ross (injured most of the year), Ngata (injured most of the year), B. Collins, D. Collins, Will Swinney. The 2nd half of the year those last 3 were the starters! and two of them true freshmen! 2022 WRs, Ngata, B. Collins, Spector, EJ Williams, Drew Swinney, and Antonio Williams. TE Allen and Briningstool. The best one out of that group by a wide margin is true freshman A. Williams. I don't care if DW, TL, or Tom Brady for that matter were the QB with this group there is no way they could win a championship.
Old 12-01-2022, 05:07 PM
Founder/Publisher

Not sure I agree that the jury is still out.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:03 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Swinney: Uiagalelei on the mat with a two-count

I can’t say I am completely following the explanation about how you end up with only eight completed passes out of 29. They started off by talking about dropped passes. Guess what? Unless a quarterback has a 100% completion rate, they are going to have some dropped passes. Dropped passes are built into the calculations for completion rate. Sure, there are other reasons why a play doesn’t work, but we’ve never had a quarterback finish the season with a 100% completion rate. Mac Jones had a record completion rate of 77.4% in 2020.

Let’s look at some math. Up until the game on Saturday, DJ had averaged about a 65% completion rate. Eight completed passes divided by 29 equals 27.58%. Nineteen completions divided by 29 passes is 65.51%.

So, we have to ask ourselves why did we have only 8 completions rather than 19 completions when we threw the ball 29 times? We had 11 additional incompletions. You can’t blame all of them on reasons other than the quarterback because even with 19 completions out of 29 passes you have 10 incompletions.

Comparison / Completion/ Incompletions/ Percentage

Season / 19 / 10 / 65.51%
11/26 / 8 / 21 / 27.58%
Difference / 11 / 11 / 37.93%

Please excuse any typos. I wrote this on my iPhone.

Last edited by Tiger80; 12-01-2022 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2022, 07:23 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandy86 View Post
I think the jury is still out on if DJ could win a playoff game. I would like to see what he could do with WRs like TL and DW had. In 2016 DW had Deon Cain, Ray Ray McCloud, Artavis Scott, Renfrow, M. Williams, Cornell Powell. TE Jordan Legget. None of those except Powell were Freshmen. That is a truly stacked WR group. In 2018 TL had Renfrow, Amari Rogers, Tee, Justyn Ross (who was good as a freshman and then became injury prone and never fully recovered), and Cornell Powell. Again the only freshman was Ross. Pretty good group there. Now lets look at what DJ has had to work with; 2021 WRs were Ladson (out with injury), Ross (injured most of the year), Ngata (injured most of the year), B. Collins, D. Collins, Will Swinney. The 2nd half of the year those last 3 were the starters! and two of them true freshmen! 2022 WRs, Ngata, B. Collins, Spector, EJ Williams, Drew Swinney, and Antonio Williams. TE Allen and Briningstool. The best one out of that group by a wide margin is true freshman A. Williams. I don't care if DW, TL, or Tom Brady for that matter were the QB with this group there is no way they could win a championship.
What are you talking about that the jury is still out on DJ winning a playoff game? have you not watched his performances the past 2 years? WR play aside (It is pathetic) he doesn't have the mental fortitude to win a playoff game. He folds plain and simple.