Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2009, 08:37 AM
The Gambler - Charter Member - Clemson Insider - Gate Veteran

Dabo has way more experience than the Denver Broncos' new coach. Young coaches are going to be the wave of the future. Everybody will want one because they will see the success they've had at places like the Clemson. We're getting in at the perfect time. Sort of like Rich Rod's spread option 10 years ago, we're going to be unstoppable. We'll lose games, but everybody does. I am excited about the future and where our Tigers are headed.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Clemson Insider

you mean the denver coach mcdaniels?? the one who lead the new england patriots record breaking offence?? personally i would love to have him. dabo isnt close to being a mcdaniels. experience doesnt matter when your qb throws 60 tds an you win 18 straight games. while breaking every concevable offencive record in the nfl......
Old 03-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Clemson Insider

you mean the denver coach mcdaniels?? the one who lead the new england patriots record breaking offence?? personally i would love to have him. dabo isnt close to being a mcdaniels. experience doesnt matter when your qb throws 60 tds an you win 18 straight games. while breaking every concevable offensive record in the nfl......
Old 03-04-2009, 08:45 AM

i mean the 32 year old kid who lucked into a job for a few years and happened to have Tom Brady as his qb, Randy Moss and Wes Welker for receivers. All he had to do was close his eyes and point to a pass play and they were going to gain yards.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Clemson Insider

the same on who when brady went down, took a qb who hadnt started since hgih school, a running back core whos starter was a converted fullback, put them behind a beat up oline, and won 11 games. not to mention the o had to pick up the slack for the less than decent defence.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:50 AM

yeah that one, the one who couldn't make the playoffs without his precious Tom Brady. the one who has ruined his relationship with his new franchise qb before practice has even started.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Clemson Insider

take payton manning away from indy, or matt ryan away from atl and tell me if either of them would be capable of making the playoffs. and as for cutler, all teams shop around players, cutler is just over reacting. he isnt a top 10 qb. plus cassel knows mcdaniels system. he was probly trying to get a qb he knew he could bring in an put in the game, it will b intersting to c if ol' jay can learn and execute the new system. Chances are he wont if he spends his offseason whinning like he has ben.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:01 AM

i would pay money to watch a MMA fight between Jay Cutler and Phillip Rivers
Old 03-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Charter Member - Clemson Insider

Send a message via Yahoo to jonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezmrin View Post
i would pay money to watch a MMA fight between Jay Cutler and Phillip Rivers
Not sure about paying money, but it might be entertaining.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Clemson Insider

that would b interesting
Old 03-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Scholarship Player

Well it looks like a thread-jacking!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh.G.Richard.Cranium View Post
Well it looks like a thread-jacking!
Did not take long for that to happen over here....lol
Old 03-04-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoaahTiger11 View Post
give dabo a chance. if you go by the sucess he had at the end of the season last year, he seems like a capable coach. sure experiance is a plus but bowden had loads of experiance and look how he turned out. dabo did just as good, heck did better than bowden, and he was only a head coach for a very short time.

NO ONE (or at least not me) is not giving Dabo a chance.....that is exactly what Im doing ......Giving him a chance.

It isnt like I started a thead named LETS FIRE DABO and GET SOMEONE ELSE

No that will be done if he sucks as a HC right out of the gate......

and I am willing to bet it will be done by some of the ones that are stickin up for his hire before it is me.

So in closing get it straight I am behind CClemson Football and while I may not understand how or why the head coach is in the job he is in I will at least give him a chance.

I reckon it can be compared to the President of the United States.....
I dont like Obama but I do have respect for the office of Preident and there fore with hold any personal attacks....how ever his policy I can and will attack if need be.

Lets see what kind of offense Dabo comes out with and go from there.....and if every 3rd play is a bubble screen then lets talk
Old 03-04-2009, 09:14 AM

JT, you might be giving him a chance, but it sounds like you are predicting him to failure before he gets the chance to do something. I take what happened at the tail end of last year for what it is worth. He coached a team that was already being coached by another HC and turned them emotionally around. He revamped the staff and we have a LOT of fresh faces in. WE have NO idea what his teams are going to look like because he has not put HIS stamp on a team just yet. Last years was CTB's regardless. Give him a fair shake and JUDGE him AFTER the season.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:18 AM

Exactly last years TEAM was Tommy Bowdens team......Tommy I will admit LOST that team when he stood behind Rob Spense and not the players.....

Dabo came in and was a great MOTIVATOR I will give you that.....but now that this is his team all I am saying is dont get too far ahead and predict a NC out of the box because as Head Ball Coach Dabo is 0-1

Hell I hope we can win them all and I will be the first to say that the schedule in September is scary even with an established coach let along a newbie coach
Old 03-04-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson Fan JT View Post
Exactly last years TEAM was Tommy Bowdens team......Tommy I will admit LOST that team when he stood behind Rob Spense and not the players.....

Dabo came in and was a great MOTIVATOR I will give you that.....but now that this is his team all I am saying is dont get too far ahead and predict a NC out of the box because as Head Ball Coach Dabo is 0-1

Hell I hope we can win them all and I will be the first to say that the schedule in September is scary even with an established coach let along a newbie coach
Where are you seeing the talk of a NC??? I have no clue how Dabo will be as his own HC. I am excited to see. He could be the next great thing...but not giving him a fair shake out of the box is setting him up to fail before he even coaches HIS first team. This isnt a slap on you, just give the man a chance before you write him off as a bad hire. At the end of the year, if he loses more than he wins, it may need to be looked at....if he wins the same as CTB did...8-9 out of the box, I will be happy because it is a transition year with new staff. If he wins more, he gets my vote for COY honors....
Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Walk On

JT, You need to sit back and chill. You should give our coachs a chance before you start trashing. Maybe some of us don't want your opinion about this. Maybe your mamma wanted a girl, but she got you.But she loves you now I bet
Old 03-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Scholarship Player

Whoa this got ugly all of a sudden.

JT - Tommy lost this team a long time before he stuck with Rob Spence. Suffice it to say that Tommy never really "had" this team to lose. The players always viewed him as a superstar loving coach. He had his boys and they were his boys and they played for him & the rest of the team was just there to support his boys. There was no team under Bowden & that's why we never got much better than what we were.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:21 AM

LOL you guys or gals are a riot.....

Where can you find that I am NOT giving the man a chance......Please show me

Every Team in America has a part of the fan base who is not happy with the Head coach

And if you want the honest truth the reason I was not happy with the hire is FROM MY PERSPECTIVE Dabo seemed to want to make the second half of the season ALL ABOUT HIM

From the new "borrowed" Traditions he wanted to put in place for Clemson to the long drawn out press conferences To KISSING HOWARDS ROCK.....

Im sorry that last one just crawled all over me......

A senior doing it on senior night is one thing but a first time Interim coach is another.....

And then lastly one other thing that turned me off about Dabo is the ALL IN mantra.....

The if your not with me your against Clemson idea is bogus but the kool aid drinkers sure love it

Now heres to a successful 2009-2010 season and to yall being able to serve up crow pie for me to eat which I will with a smile on my face if I am wrong
Old 03-04-2009, 10:21 AM

As one of the players said after TB had gone, "the players weren't buying what he was selling".