Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side

Default Tanner Muse note

Just confirmed with Muse that he will not be enrolling at Clemson in January. He'll finish out his senior year at Belmont-South Point (NC) before enrolling at Clemson in the summer.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:50 PM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: Tanner Muse note

Any additional commentary? I was always worried they he really wants to play baseball and now that he is staying he can play his senior year and possibly move into top tier draft status. Anyone remember Jeff Francour!
Old 12-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Tiger Starter

I haven't seen Muse's name mentioned as a Top 100 prospect in the MLB Draft. I have no idea if he's just outside of it or nowhere close. He could always play himself into it with a great senior season I guess. I would say that it's better than a 50% chance that he makes it to Clemson.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale McGranahan View Post
Just confirmed with Muse that he will not be enrolling at Clemson in January. He'll finish out his senior year at Belmont-South Point (NC) before enrolling at Clemson in the summer.
A personal decision, no doubt. I wonder if his chances to redshirt (or not) at S in 2015 was a factor to any degree.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitiger View Post
Any additional commentary? I was always worried they he really wants to play baseball and now that he is staying he can play his senior year and possibly move into top tier draft status. Anyone remember Jeff Francour!
It's my understanding that Muse isn't really at the same level as Francoeur was as a baseball player. We've heard that Muse has the potential to be a good ball player, he just lacks the experience.

Could be wrong, but chances are he won't get drafted all that high, especially since he's been committed to Clemson for so long.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerNE View Post
A personal decision, no doubt. I wonder if his chances to redshirt (or not) at S in 2015 was a factor to any degree.
He's going to red shirt. We are kind of too deep at that position for him not to.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange_paw View Post
He's going to red shirt. We are kind of too deep at that position for him not to.
In a way. Will Blanks be 100%? Definitely Kearse and Johnson are coming along, and Tankersley gets a lot of thumbs up from staff. Is T.J. Green ready? What is someone gets hurt? Not disputing that Muse might be headed to a RS no matter whether he enrolls early, or not. Just that it may not be a sure bet either way.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:25 PM
NFL Tiger

Blanks should be 100% now. I could be wrong, but I think at the beginning of the season he was good to go. I think that his problem was that he did not feel that he was able to do enough in the off season to prepare for this season so he wanted to red shirt.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerNE View Post
In a way. Will Blanks be 100%? Definitely Kearse and Johnson are coming along, and Tankersley gets a lot of thumbs up from staff. Is T.J. Green ready? What is someone gets hurt? Not disputing that Muse might be headed to a RS no matter whether he enrolls early, or not. Just that it may not be a sure bet either way.
Green has started and gained great playing experience. He will compete to start. Gibson only red shirted because of Green and Johnson. No need to waste a year. He's a stud.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Travel Team

He'll be playing baseball at Clemson as well right?
Old 12-06-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwf1994 View Post
He'll be playing baseball at Clemson as well right?
Possibly
Old 12-06-2014, 05:51 PM
Tiger Starter

I think you can still play pro baseball and college football if agreed upon by all parties? It may be a nice compromise, though not be ideal for any of them.
Old 12-08-2014, 10:58 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbinRock View Post
I think you can still play pro baseball and college football if agreed upon by all parties? It may be a nice compromise, though not be ideal for any of them.
Yes you can but not very likely if you are a first round draft pick. Not clear where TM will go but I did see some reports from a year and half ago that seemed to indicate that he has the potential to be a first round pick but not seen anything that projects him currently. All the more concerning if he is projected to RS in the Fall. If he has a stellar final year of HS now that he is not leaving early then more opportunity for things to change. $1M plus is hard to say no to I would imagine! Hope that football is still his main interest though and would love to have him at Clemson playing both!