Clemson Insider Logo



Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Judge Jeff Davis Judge Jeff Davis is offline
NFL Tiger
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,886
Default Who is left?

Just curious, I know we are still pursuing Tim Settle, DeBerry, Huggins, Tuttle, Boulware, Bailey and Burrell.

Outside of that who else am I forgetting, and what is the maximum number of recruits you see us adding going forward? We can't take all of them, but how many slots are the coaches looking to fill, and who would they take as oversigns?

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the convoluted nature of the question.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-04-2014, 03:27 PM
Hale McGranahan's Avatar
Hale McGranahan Hale McGranahan is offline
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,878
Default Re: Who is left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Jeff Davis View Post
Just curious, I know we are still pursuing Tim Settle, DeBerry, Huggins, Tuttle, Boulware, Bailey and Burrell.

Outside of that who else am I forgetting, and what is the maximum number of recruits you see us adding going forward? We can't take all of them, but how many slots are the coaches looking to fill, and who would they take as oversigns?

Thanks in advance and I apologize for the convoluted nature of the question.
At this point, I am, for the most part, focused on Bailey, DeBerry, Huggins and Settle.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-04-2014, 03:49 PM
RubbinRock RubbinRock is offline
Tiger Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,312
Default Re: Who is left?

How about Brian Dawkins Jr? Is he a take and virtual lock? I assume he may be the perfect greyshirt candidate.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Hale McGranahan's Avatar
Hale McGranahan Hale McGranahan is offline
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,878
Default Re: Who is left?

DeBerry did not list Clemson as a finalist during tonight's cut.

Neglected to mention Dawkins. I will have a story with him later this week.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-04-2014, 09:41 PM
tiger0927 tiger0927 is offline
Travel Team
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 140
Default Re: Who is left?

What about Christian Wilkins DT from CT. Is Clemson going after him in case Settle has to go to JUCO or Prep?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-05-2014, 12:13 AM
tigerphins tigerphins is online now
NFL Tiger
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,301
Default Re: Who is left?

I thought Josh Sweat had entered the discussion?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Hale McGranahan's Avatar
Hale McGranahan Hale McGranahan is offline
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,878
Default Re: Who is left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerphins View Post
I thought Josh Sweat had entered the discussion?
He's already scheduled five official visits. Clemson wasn't included.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Hale McGranahan's Avatar
Hale McGranahan Hale McGranahan is offline
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,878
Default Re: Who is left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger0927 View Post
What about Christian Wilkins DT from CT. Is Clemson going after him in case Settle has to go to JUCO or Prep?
I'm not convinced that Clemson actually has a shot with him until he visits.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-05-2014, 10:10 AM
clemsonurlacher clemsonurlacher is online now
Ring of Honor
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,244
Default Re: Who is left?

In your opinion, who do we get? Thx
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Hale McGranahan's Avatar
Hale McGranahan Hale McGranahan is offline
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,878
Default Re: Who is left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonurlacher View Post
In your opinion, who do we get? Thx
At this point, it looks to me like Clemson is the team to beat for Bailey and Huggins.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-05-2014, 12:23 PM
whitiger whitiger is offline
NFL Tiger
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,341
Default Re: Who is left?

Seems like tricky territory for the final couple of recruits.
OL Bailey, Burrell, Boulware how does Clemson balance the chase when perhaps they have a preference?
DL same for Settle, Huggins, Tuttle(I know Tuttle is unlikely but he did put us in his final group, as did Thompson)?

If Clemson shows too much of a preference for one or backs off slightly on one thinking we got the other we could lose both or all. Seems Huggins is morphing into Mont Adams to me and were falling because of it with Settle.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-05-2014, 01:24 PM
LawStudent LawStudent is offline
Tiger Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Johns Island
Posts: 1,808
Default Re: Who is left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitiger View Post
Seems like tricky territory for the final couple of recruits.
OL Bailey, Burrell, Boulware how does Clemson balance the chase when perhaps they have a preference?
DL same for Settle, Huggins, Tuttle(I know Tuttle is unlikely but he did put us in his final group, as did Thompson)?

If Clemson shows too much of a preference for one or backs off slightly on one thinking we got the other we could lose both or all. Seems Huggins is morphing into Mont Adams to me and were falling because of it with Settle.
From what I have gathered:

Burrell is a no-go.

I think the staff is down to Bailey. Boulware is an option if Bailey decides soon.

Tuttle is a no-go, but remember that Huggins wants to be a DE. Settle would not affect him from that perspective.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-05-2014, 06:40 PM
RickR RickR is offline
Two Deep
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 937
Default Re: Who is left?

Hale, noticed you didn't list Settle in who you think we end up with. What happened there???
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Hale McGranahan's Avatar
Hale McGranahan Hale McGranahan is offline
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,878
Default Re: Who is left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickR View Post
Hale, noticed you didn't list Settle in who you think we end up with. What happened there???
Nothing happened over the last few days to make me change my mind.

Really, it's just a gut feeling. For some reason, I just don't think he ends up at Clemson.

Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-06-2014, 04:50 AM
RickR RickR is offline
Two Deep
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 937
Default Re: Who is left?

Thanks; I've felt the same way but every time I question it, Robert has been pretty firm with his response that Settle will be a tiger.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Clemson Tigers 2018 CFP National Champs Clemson Tigers gear at Fanatics.com



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

Partner with USA TODAY Sports Media Group

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.