Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2020, 03:43 PM
Travel Team

Default We should be watching with great concern what is about to happen to MLB

Heard on the radio this afternoon that 4 Cardinal players tested positive. They are suspending some of their games, and broadcast partners were told to have alternate programming ready to go by Monday, meaning a possible shut down of the season.

Folks, I hope to God Iím wrong, but I just canít see a football season going forward, at least not now. If MLB canít protect a roster of 30 players, how the hell are collage teams going to protect 100 kids, who will also be on campus with 1,000s of other kids?

Letís hope August shows a sharp decline in cases, but right now I think schedule releases and such is just pure posturing, and unfortunately there wonít be a fall season.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:34 PM
Scholarship Player

Default Re: We should be watching with great concern what is about to happen to MLB

Voice of reason...
Old 08-02-2020, 12:03 PM
TCI Staff

Default Re: We should be watching with great concern what is about to happen to MLB

I am with you on watching the MLB situation. It will say a lot.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:22 PM
Two Deep

My hope is MLB players are hitting the bars after games. College has much more control. We shall see.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:29 PM
NFL Tiger

With a 30 man roster and 4 players quarantined, why do they need to cancel games?
Old 08-02-2020, 01:51 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsson View Post
With a 30 man roster and 4 players quarantined, why do they need to cancel games?
Canít they keep a roster of AAA players on payroll and scrimmage in isolation? The minors arenít playing anyhow. Pull them up as needed and keep going.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:29 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFB88 View Post
My hope is MLB players are hitting the bars after games. College has much more control. We shall see.
This is funny and I assume you meant it to be? Let's see, paid professional grown ups (and only 30ish of them) visiting bars or 100+ 18-22 year olds staying distant from girl friends, friends, classmates, etc. Which has more control?
Old 08-03-2020, 08:59 AM
Tiger Starter

Yet the NBA is doing fantastic in its bubble