Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2018, 03:46 PM
TCI Staff

Default Clemson lands big commitment

article
Old 10-11-2018, 03:53 PM
Ring of Honor

Default Re: Clemson lands big commitment

Great news!
Old 10-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Travel Team

great pick up.
Like this better than Josiah James. Is already PG ready and St Patrick's In Elizabeth New Jersey. great program that has good competerion unlike James small prep school. They have sent quality guards to NBA like Kyrie Irving. He really blew up this summer for New Jersey Playaz. Was third team EYBI AAU circut.*
i think Coach Antino Reynolds Dean is out best recruter now passing Steve Smith. He was the lead recruiter here along with commit Chase Hunter for this class.*
Old 10-11-2018, 06:07 PM
Travel Team

As a current NJ resident and HUGE hoops follower, this kid is very well thought of on the circuit. Good kid, works hard, focused. Exactly the type CBB and his staff like to have on the team. He is gonna be a good one for us.
Old 10-12-2018, 12:16 AM
Travel Team

Hick and South,

Thank you for insight other sites make you pay for. Very nice to have some personal feedback versus canned stuff.

Any comments regarding Brad's comments, which seemed very focused on agents, handlers, and AAU "coaches" that make a proper recruiting process now the exception rather than the rule?

This kid seemed to have little interaction with the dirty schools, then hit a few of the traditional schools for a sanity-check, then realized he could could play in the top half of the big schools without being soiled.

Seems to me a big get, and a validation of CBB's approach. I will always have my back for this kid. TIGER GRIT.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:45 AM
Travel Team

I'll say this in general with regard to the upper tier of basketball talent up this way... Many players and parents of players realize that they need not go the handler or agent route any longer to put themselves on track for a great career. Granted some of it is still seen as status in some circles, but I think you will start seeing more and more of this new (read: old) way if thinking. People are now realizing the potential deteiment of involving third parties and see the risk as far too great even for the potential reward.

My two cents.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:52 AM
NFL Tiger

Hmmm not football