Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2019, 09:25 PM
Travel Team

Default If I'm Dabo

I might have to be a little more sarcastic in interviews. Although he has been more feisty than normal lately, he is still reserved when he gets asked those BS questions about justifying why Clemson deserves to be in the playoff. I would have just gone off on the OSU reporter and said something like...I don't know what you guys are here to complain about having to play Clemson, by your logic we're the easy team. Who wouldn't want to play the easy team in the playoffs. Based on how you guys think why wouldn't you want a guaranteed win by playing easy little Ole Clemson.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:48 AM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: If I'm Dabo

I bet we hear something like that pretty soon. He's definitely telling his team that people think OSU will whoop them cause they ain't played anyone.

FYI - I care a lot more about how the ACC does in bowl games now thanks to the "Clemson don't pay anyone" rhetoric. I really hope UVA smashes UF.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:51 AM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walhalla2Atlanta View Post
I bet we hear something like that pretty soon. He's definitely telling his team that people think OSU will whoop them cause they ain't played anyone.

FYI - I care a lot more about how the ACC does in bowl games now thanks to the "Clemson don't pay anyone" rhetoric. I really hope UVA smashes UF.
If Clemson wins the national championship, again, that will not matter.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:10 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post
If Clemson wins the national championship, again, that will not matter.

I disagree. Everyone walked away from last season saying people wouldn't doubt us anymore. I mean we beat the crap out of Alabama.

Heck Finebaum was even on board for about 2 weeks.

I think we need the ACC to show out in the bowl games and we win it all convincingly
Old 12-10-2019, 01:09 PM
Ring of Honor

Even if the rest of the ACC goes 6-3 in bowl games, the rhetoric will not change until at least two other conference teams take up residence in the top 25 on an annual basis... and stay there.

It wasn't that long ago (2-3 yrs) that the conference had- hands down- the highest bowl win percentage for the year by a large margin.

To the OT... I think Dabo does about as good of a job deflecting questions intended to rile him up as any one of us could expect. Remember the presser leading up to the Oklahoma game in 2015, with Ben Boulware getting the "Clemsoning" question... and Dabo stepping in to shut it down.
"NEXT QUESTION"
*the look on Boulware's face made me shudder*
He can put a foot in someone's tail when he has to do so, and he's done it before.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:13 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
I disagree. Everyone walked away from last season saying people wouldn't doubt us anymore. I mean we beat the crap out of Alabama.

Heck Finebaum was even on board for about 2 weeks.

I think we need the ACC to show out in the bowl games and we win it all convincingly

Definitely. The ACC is down, but I really think these middle-tier teams are good and may even be better than most other middle-tier teams in other conferences. Clemson's dominance is more about how much better Clemson is than everyone else, not that everyone else we play is all complete trash. Sure, the other top 3 teams would've gone undefeated with our schedule. But, we would've gone undefeated with any other team's schedule - LSU, Bama, OSU, Auburn, UGA, Okie, Utah, Oregon, etc, etc... So, cmon ACC teams, go win some frickin bowl games!
Old 12-10-2019, 07:19 PM
Travel Team

The bowl games don't mean a daggum thing regarding the ACC's perception. The only thing that will change that is when there are consistent top 10 matchups between Clemson/FSU and VaTech/Miami (or others) again. The way it was envisioned when the league started expanding.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:31 PM
TCI Staff

It is hard for people to put down the league if Clemson wins the national title 2 years in a row.

If Clemson is dominating everybody else, it does not matter if they are dominating the league too. Just like FSU in the 1990s.