Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2019, 08:05 AM
Owner, Publisher

Default Eric Mac Lain on the match-ups he can't wait to see in the Fiesta Bowl

From the Packer and Durham show

"I am really excited to see a couple of match-ups here with Chase Young No. 1. I think he is one of the best if not the best defensive player in college football. Right on the other side you are looking at Isaiah Simmons who I could argue that exact same thing. The versatility that he has maybe a little bit more, give him the nod. But obviously Chase Young going to New York for the Heisman finalist. Looking at that match-up between that offensive line and Chase Young. You have Jackson Carman and John Simpson two guys who are absolute studs going against a game wrecker.

You look at Justin Fields 40 touchdowns and 1 interception, unbelievable ability to take care of the ball and put it in great situations. He is a little bit banged up so this month off is going to be fantastic for him with an MCL strain or sprain whatever they are calling it over there.

And the defensive backs of Ohio State. No. 2 passing defense in the country going against Clemson. Their corners are long, tall, big guys so Clemson is obviously going to match-up very well with their long, tall wide receivers.

So there are individual match-ups all across the field that you really can not wait to watch."