Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2019, 01:45 PM
TCI Staff

Default He got Ross'd

Old 01-11-2019, 02:10 PM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: He got Ross'd

I could watch that all day long! The way he just squeezed the ball with that one hand and then pulled it into his body in one smooth motion. The kid is gifted... and we have him for 2 more years!!!
Old 01-11-2019, 02:11 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: He got Ross'd

Okay, I'll be the first to ask (because Swinney apparently jokingly said something to TL). Was TL just a little off on some of his throws? Is it possible Ross helped his completion percentage. I mean, seriously, does this ball look like it was thrown where it needed to go?

On the other hand, isn't it nice to know you can trust your WRs to catch the ball?
Old 01-11-2019, 02:13 PM
Ring of Honor

Did we ever hear what happened to the DB on the other play by Ross? Did he tear his Achilles tendon? I hope not, but it looked that way. That injury requires 9 months just to get you walking without support or a cast.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:16 PM
Way2tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger80 View Post
Okay, I'll be the first to ask (because Swinney apparently jokingly said something to TL). Was TL just a little off on some of his throws? Is it possible Ross helped his completion percentage. I mean, seriously, does this ball look like it was thrown where it needed to go?

On the other hand, isn't it nice to know you can trust your WRs to catch the ball?
Nah. TL threw that ball right where he wanted it. If it was right in Ross's hands, it never would have made SC Top 10!
Old 01-11-2019, 02:19 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

My Lord, how did he catch that? Such a talent
Old 01-11-2019, 02:22 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:

That one was probably a little underthrown. It was probably supposed to be a back shoulder throw but was a touch behind. If that DB turns his head, he may have had a chance on it, but yeah Ross saved that one. On his other completions, TL was pretty spot-on.

The TD to Higgins in the middle of the endzone was absolutely beautiful. Yeah, Tee had to leap to grab the ball, but it was placed exactly where only Tee could be in position to catch it. If it's lower, the guy in front of him coulda snagged or at least tipped it. If it's higher, it either coulda been picked off by the guy behind Tee or it woulda just sailed out of the endzone. That pass shows TL's accuracy, ball placement, touch and anticipation all at the same time.

I watched that shovel pass to ET again today and that "pass" was awesome. I know it won't get the glory of some of the other throws, but he's stepping to his right and faking the defender out and then pitches it off to his left, almost like a no-look basket pass in the lane to a cutting big man, just as ET is about to clear the linebacker that is crashing down on the play and the ball and ET just slip right past his grasp and easily into the end zone. That play was beautifully executed. Go back and watch it!

Our Tigers put on an absolute offensive and defensive clinic Monday night with their nearly flawless execution on both sides of the ball.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:25 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Did we ever hear what happened to the DB on the other play by Ross? Did he tear his Achilles tendon? I hope not, but it looked that way. That injury requires 9 months just to get you walking without support or a cast.
Iíve never heard anything about him and I didnít want to say anything because I didnít want to say anything about someone who was actually hurt, but Iím pretty sure he just pulled out the ďoh my ankleĒ trick after knowing he just got smoked.

Iíve seen a few people say they saw him running around fine after that.

When it happened it looked fake to me and it appears thatís all it was
Old 01-11-2019, 02:36 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcu91 View Post
Iíve never heard anything about him and I didnít want to say anything because I didnít want to say anything about someone who was actually hurt, but Iím pretty sure he just pulled out the ďoh my ankleĒ trick after knowing he just got smoked.

Iíve seen a few people say they saw him running around fine after that.

When it happened it looked fake to me and it appears thatís all it was
I kinda thought this may be the case too, but didn't he get carted off the field? I genuinely don't remember if he did or not, but my mind thinks he did
Old 01-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Born63 View Post
I kinda thought this may be the case too, but didn't he get carted off the field? I genuinely don't remember if he did or not, but my mind thinks he did
He was carted off, but the only thing I can find about his injury is people at the game saying he came back out of the locker room a few minutes later walking fine

Couldnít find anything put out by Alabama
Old 01-11-2019, 03:15 PM
TCI Staff

Great title, Gavin!
Old 01-11-2019, 03:43 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
The announcers said the reason Ross scored on that play was because the DB went down. Not true! He was beat before the pass arrived and no way he could have stopped the completion or the TD>
Old 01-11-2019, 07:32 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger68 View Post
The announcers said the reason Ross scored on that play was because the DB went down. Not true! He was beat before the pass arrived and no way he could have stopped the completion or the TD>
Absolutely! Ross created separation with what looked like a swim move.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:34 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubarb1991 View Post
My Lord, how did he catch that? Such a talent
Itís hard to believe it even after watching it a few times.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:38 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post
Great title, Gavin!
Agreed

Josh Jobe, you got Ross'd
Old 01-12-2019, 05:35 AM
Travel Team

Quote:
Most accurate update I can find

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-foo...jury/81331433/