Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2015, 06:42 PM
Owner, Publisher

Default Franchise commit makes another visit

Tavien Feaster, that nation's top 2016 running back, and Clemson commitment took a visit to Tennessee on Saturday.

Feaster committed to the Tigers on February 4.

This is obviously not a good development for the Tigers.

We will have more on Feaster coming your way.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:55 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Franchise commit makes another visit

All I got to say is the samething I said about Cooper. No one player is bigger than Clemson. If he thinks UTENN is better for him then good luck to him.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:17 PM
Travel Team

This is why the word "Commitment" has hardly any merit anymore.. And why I would not make a good recruiter..
Old 07-25-2015, 07:21 PM
TCI Staff

Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but I think it's worth it to wait and see if Clemson's coaches were clued in about this before we excommunicate this kid. I seem to remember a number of occasions where fans freaked out about a commit visiting another school, only to later find that Clemson's staff--while obviously not encouraging it--were aware of the circumstances.

Remember the DB from Maryland was cut loose for not being forthcoming with the staff, not simply for taking other visits. Similarly, RRM3 & Cain were on other campuses as Clemson commits for justifiable reasons.

I'm not saying this was no big deal, but I don't KNOW that it was, either.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Owner, Publisher

We'll have to wait and see what Feaster tells Hale once we can get him on the phone. He seemed to really enjoy the visit today from what I have seen.

Sometimes things change a little after the euphoria of a visit wears off.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:35 PM
Tiger Starter

Thats the way I feel the season is about to start and recruiting season is about to end (not literally but when football starts coaches have less time to deal with recruiting) also Butch Jones better hope the product on the field is better this year or he may find himself on a very hot and uncomfortable seat. I know some people praise Butch Jones but I have failed to see his coaching abilities. Every school he has coached at he has followed a coach that was very successful and moved on to bigger and better programs hence the programs he has taken over were already built for him. Tennessee is the first place I believe he has had to build from ground up....
Old 07-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualk View Post
Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but I think it's worth it to wait and see if Clemson's coaches were clued in about this before we excommunicate this kid. I seem to remember a number of occasions where fans freaked out about a commit visiting another school, only to later find that Clemson's staff--while obviously not encouraging it--were aware of the circumstances.

Remember the DB from Maryland was cut loose for not being forthcoming with the staff, not simply for taking other visits. Similarly, RRM3 & Cain were on other campuses as Clemson commits for justifiable reasons.

I'm not saying this was no big deal, but I don't KNOW that it was, either.
Qualk is the wise voice of reason. I highly doubt that Dabo didn't know this was coming and frankly, if I was 17 I would be more than happy to have universities treat me like a celebrity. I say let him have some fun. DW went to Auburn and everybody went nuts. McCloud was going to Florida, RSmith was at Georgia. These are young guys who will be in this position exactly once in there lives. I don't question their integrity because they want to have some fun. The only other print i've seen on Feaster's visit was written by 247's Tennessee guy. Of course he's gonna say Tavien loved every bit of it!

I agree with Qualk, no need for people to be upset. I think when there is no information or very little, bad information flows in first...and people react.

Feaster is a Clemson commit and taking a visit to another school doesn't diminish that commitmet. Let the kid have some fun...

An old man's 2 cents. :-)
Old 07-25-2015, 08:08 PM
Owner, Publisher

Here is more

Link
Old 07-25-2015, 08:16 PM
Two Deep

Kids will be kids.... we can't keep them in a closet though we'd love to.

I have zero doubt that come August, he fills out his financials.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:15 PM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.phillip2 View Post
These are young guys who will be in this position exactly once in there lives. I don't question their integrity because they want to have some fun. The only other print i've seen on Feaster's visit was written by 247's Tennessee guy. Of course he's gonna say Tavien loved every bit of it!

Feaster is a Clemson commit and taking a visit to another school doesn't diminish that commitmet. Let the kid have some fun...
+1 on that one. I believe that with commitment comes the responsibility to be completely honest to the coaches, so if he is doing that and just exploring opportunities given to him, I don't think there is reason for major alarm. Being recruited is a unique opportunity. It is a different story however if a recruit makes visits behind the backs of the coaches he has committed to.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaila Burns-Heffner View Post
+1 on that one. I believe that with commitment comes the responsibility to be completely honest to the coaches, so if he is doing that and just exploring opportunities given to him, I don't think there is reason for major alarm. Being recruited is a unique opportunity. It is a different story however if a recruit makes visits behind the backs of the coaches he has committed to.
1 guy isn't going to make or break Clemson thats for sure. Yeah TF is a monster prospect but if he lied to the coaches or is doing this behind their backs I don't care if he is a 7 star you give him his walking papers. If he would rather leave home to believe Butch "Freaking" Jones then so long....
Old 07-26-2015, 11:44 AM
Owner, Publisher

Let's make sure nobody says anything on the board that might not be good for Feaster to read.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:04 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
Let's make sure nobody says anything on the board that might not be good for Feaster to read.
Ummm.... Two things:

1) if what we say on this board is that important, then we are talking about a very fragile situation here.

2) if what we say is that important then you mods need to be out in force or just lock down new registrations because if I were a coot or a vol, I'd be on here posing to stir up trouble.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:34 PM
NFL Tiger

I don't expect Tennessee to be as good as people thing this year. I was very unimpressed by what I saw from Jalen Hurd last year. He's huge, but he is slow and lacks vision.

Nobody does less with more than Butch Jones. He's recruited like gangbusters the last few years... But I guess people in Knoxville get pretty pumped about 6 and 7 win seasons nowadays
Old 07-26-2015, 01:17 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
I'm glad you said that Robert. I see on some boards crazy stuff that no one would ever say to a recruits face. I think recruits do read Clemson coverage and think people should be mindful of that. Just another reason I like TCI !
Old 07-26-2015, 01:29 PM
MR Perfidity - Clemson Insider

We suffer when one of our commits visits another school but rejoice when a commit to another school visits Clemson. Remember Kearse? Remember Fields? Remember several others? The door swings both ways.

Personally, I think Feaster sticks with Clemson.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe21 View Post
We suffer when one of our commits visits another school but rejoice when a commit to another school visits Clemson. Remember Kearse? Remember Fields? Remember several others? The door swings both ways.

Personally, I think Feaster sticks with Clemson.
Amen Mr. Joe.

I hope he decides to come to Clemson. I would love to see him play for 3 or 4 years in the right color of Orange. However it's his decision and his alone and one he will have to live with the rest of his life. Some of you guys act as if your very lives depend on this or that recruit coming to Clemson. Let these guys lead their lives as the majority do not even know the guy personally yet you want to question his character when he seeks to verify his commitment to Clemson.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:23 PM
Travel Team

Stanley Hunter needs to get in this kids ear
Old 07-27-2015, 01:59 PM
Tiger Starter

robert hale or anyone-would it be smart or standard procedure that behind closed doors when this happens do you preliminarly start looking at a rb replacement with whoever is still out there or someone you could possibly recruit for 2017
Old 07-27-2015, 02:47 PM
NFL Tiger

Ouch got an email from 247 and what it says that TF said after the visit is not very good at all. This does not sound like a guy just going for a visit for fun. I hope that he remains in the fold but Clemson has some serious re-selling to do if even part of this is true.