Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Owner, Publisher

Default Sunday Ray Ray McCloud Update

Ray Ray is in town for the Under Armour All-American game. I just did a video interview with him that we will have up shortly.

The highlights are he said that he and his family decided over Christmas that he will not enroll early at Clemson.

He also said that he does not plan to take any other official visits.
Old 12-28-2014, 04:39 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Sunday Ray Ray McCloud Update

I hope that it doesn't give the new Florida staff time to change his mind.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Tiger Starter

Robert or Hale what type of violation would it be for Clemson if Ray Ray decided to go somewhere else. I know the football twitter account has tweeted about him and even Dabo has talked about Ray Ray in interviews (one for sure he said his name). So would it be a major violation?
Old 12-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerAidan View Post
Robert or Hale what type of violation would it be for Clemson if Ray Ray decided to go somewhere else. I know the football twitter account has tweeted about him and even Dabo has talked about Ray Ray in interviews (one for sure he said his name). So would it be a major violation?
Not Robert or Hale but it wouldn't a violation on anyones part (his or Clemson's) if he went elsewhere.

He signed finanicial aid agreements so that allows Clemson to talk about him and have unlimited contact with him. However, it does not bind him to Clemson at this point.

There is something that still makes me a little nervous about RRM. Not sure how to put my finger on it but I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him have further contact with FL. You can bet that the new UF staff is not going to back off of him and how they have until NSD to potentially sway him.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoricRiggs View Post
Not Robert or Hale but it wouldn't a violation on anyones part (his or Clemson's) if he went elsewhere.

He signed finanicial aid agreements so that allows Clemson to talk about him and have unlimited contact with him. However, it does not bind him to Clemson at this point.
Correct
Old 12-28-2014, 08:24 PM
Travel Team

Not a good sign at all. Gives UF (or other SEC teams) too much time to get their bagmen involved.

Dont think this one will end well for us...
Old 12-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Ring of Honor

Being pessimistic about him is the easy way out to me. For now without any ofher facts at hand, I'll put Swinney above McElwain at keeping the relationship strong. And UF has a lot of chaos to fix that I doubt will happen before the season starts. It will take at least one season to prove things are turning around. McCloud has more opportunities at Clemson until that is proven in my view.

And I'm not buying the bagmen point.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:18 PM
Two Deep

I have to agree with TigerNE. How many times does this guy have to say he's committed? I don't think Florida's new coach is any kind of magic or certainly not better at recruiting than Dabo and Co. Jim McElwain was 22-16 at Colo. State and non of his recruiting classes were in the top 75 of espn's rankings.

Ray's best option is Wide Receiver University and I'm certain he's going to stick.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:04 AM
Ring of Honor

At least he won't be looking into FSU if you believe his reaction to this vid.

https://vine.co/v/Owuqav67xKH
Old 12-29-2014, 09:55 AM
Tiger Starter

Some of you need to take a chill pill. There is a 98% likely hood RR will be a Tiger and if you have followed recruiting over the years those are good odds. Who is the last 5 star recruit who committed to CU and then went somewhere else?
Old 12-29-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsson View Post
Some of you need to take a chill pill. There is a 98% likely hood RR will be a Tiger and if you have followed recruiting over the years those are good odds. Who is the last 5 star recruit who committed to CU and then went somewhere else?
Nkemdiche
Old 12-29-2014, 02:08 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale McGranahan View Post
Nkemdiche
But his politician mother never "committed" to Clemson and his Dr. father took a job at a hospital in MS. Never had family support.

However, still not very confident in Ray Ray. Not done until the name is on the dotted line.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:09 PM
MR Perfidity - Clemson Insider

Just returned from a whirlwind trip. Clemson to Chesapeake, VA. for Christmas and then down to the Gainesville, FL. area for a family gathering. One of my relatives has two sons. One graduated last spring and one is a current sophomore at the same HS that Ray Ray attends. The boys were not there so did not get a first hand report from them but the parents said he appears to be a nice kid. They did say they believed he is the type who would honor his commitment.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:34 PM
NFL Tiger

Well I hope he ends up at Clemson. Early enrollment is always nice so that's a bit unsettling. No matter what any of them decide they have to want to be at the school they commit to or they will end up transferring out. You can see the ones who are "all in" and other who maybe are not quite sure. Understandable. So since he signed fin aid papers but now says he's not enrolling can Clemson still have unlimited contact? how could he not know that other commits were in the UA AS game. Coaches...unlimited contact opportunity!
Old 12-30-2014, 01:01 AM
Walk On

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsson View Post
Dalvin Cook
Old 12-30-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerValley View Post
Dalvin Cook
How could I forget about Cook?