Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > All Welcome > Tiger Walk
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Clemson Insider

Default I love what I'm hearing coming out of spring practice

Guys we have a lot of momentum in the football program right now. Let's look at some of the offseason development so far.

#1)Willy Korn- Korn is said to be much more confidant and throwing the football better than he has ever at Clemson. I believe a large number of Clemson fans gave up too early on Korn. Korn has incredible talent and now that he has Napier working with him instead of Spence and now that he knows the quarterback spot is his to win, I think the kid will show out. His running skills are great for a quarterback and he has the potential and raw talent to be an excellent passers.

#2)Jamie Harper- Harper is down to 222. WOW!!! A slimmed down Harper could be a 1,000 yard rusher. He has that much talent. With Davis gone, the other starting running back spot is his to lose. Harper showed signs of being a great player last year and with about 20 pounds of fat removed from his body he will be an impressive speciman on the field.

#3)Rendrick Taylor- Taylor getting some work at tight end is great. He is faster and more explosive than almost every linebacker. He can burn them and be a force for us. I love this decision by Swinney.

#4)Tougher Practices- Practices are going to be much more physical this year during the spring according to Swinney. He has already introduced different activities during mat drills that he says will induce toughness and I love hearing that. Tougher practices equal a more physical football team.

#5)Kevin Steele- I am so excited to see a new and much more aggressive defense this spring. How many times have we sat in the stands complaining about the lack of blitzes and guys standing 3 or 4 yards behind the first down marker on third and long. That won't happen this spring and it dang sure won't happen during the fall!!!

I haven't been this excited about spring ball in a LONG LONG time. It's going to be great to be at the spring game and meet alot of you guys!!!

Go Tigers!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Walk On

I agree regarding Coach Steele. With the playmakers we have on defense he should be able to take advantage of all that talent unlike Koenning's scheme. I love the fact we'll be an attacking style now and not trying to be in the right place at the right time style defense. Of all the things we're watching from in spring ball I'm most interested to see the defense come together and of course the QB battle. I hope Willy has that swagger back he had at Byrnes. It will be very cool to see everything come together in the coming months.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Travel Team

HB - I hope you're right. Like a lot of other Tiger fans, I was sky high all through the spring and right up to the Bama game for that dose of reality. We heard the same kind of things then too.

This year, I am reserving judgement until AFTER the first game.... but like I said - I hope you're right......
Old 03-10-2009, 06:00 PM
Clemson Insider

Hey man, I'm not saying we are going to win every game. I'm just saying I love what I see out of the changes this spring. Also, I am glad to hear that Mason Cloy gets first shot at center. Imagine Tackles Walker/Hairston, Guards Austin/Smith and Center Cloy, with backups being Humpheries, Lambert, McClain, Freeman, and Norris. That's alot of experience and Hairston was coming on strong at the end of the year!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Charter Member - Clemson Insider

Hater! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryBuff View Post
Hey man, I'm not saying we are going to win every game.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Clemson Insider

Haha. After the last ten years of expecting so much and getting so little, I have decided that this year I will use reverse psychology. I will say 7-5 overall, that way any win above that and they have done better than I expected!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by icmcumin View Post
HB - I hope you're right. Like a lot of other Tiger fans, I was sky high all through the spring and right up to the Bama game for that dose of reality. We heard the same kind of things then too.

This year, I am reserving judgement until AFTER the first game.... but like I said - I hope you're right......
Right there with ya ICM....hate to say it....but I wont get past the jitters until we get past TCU
Old 03-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Travel Team

Default OK - if you really want to go off the deep end...

.... let's start supporting CJ for Heisman.....

Here are a few posters I've done:

Please note - I did NOT do the background for this - I think Reynolds did it - I added CJ to the front of it... ICM

Last edited by icmcumin; 03-10-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Travel Team

Old 03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Travel Team

Old 03-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Travel Team

... anybody got any good ideas for any others? Let me know and I will try to draft something up.......
Old 03-11-2009, 08:53 AM

I think Spiller has the skills to win it but the VOTERS are the problem,

In recent history the winners come from teams that are TOP teams so lets hope Clemson can win the ones we are not supposed to and win the ones we are
Old 03-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Scholarship Player

Spiller won't win anything if that offensive line doesn't come together.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:21 PM

I just hope Spiller dont regret staying in School and not entering the draft
Old 03-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Clemson Insider

JT, JD says he didn't regret coming back for his senior year and it's safe to say that he didn't accomplish as much as he wanted. There is more to coming back than just football. C.J. will be a top 15 pick next year and coming back will be the reason, just like Gaines Adams!!!