Clemson Insider Logo



Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-20-2015, 11:04 PM
clemhick77 clemhick77 is online now
Two Deep
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 605
Default Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

Tweet said he visited Clemson. Former player at Kennesaw State. Not great stats but only played one year there after Junior College.

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaelsf...22137133805568
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-20-2015, 11:15 PM
clemtig01 clemtig01 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 230
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

Blech. Hope he's deep on the list of potential options. Seems like he's a good rebounder, defender, and scorer in the paint...just what Clemson has plenty of on the roster. He couldn't even shoot at Kennesaw State, so not sure why things would change at Clemson. I'd rather push on a HS like Robert Baker or Kipper Nichols before taking someone like that.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-20-2015, 11:18 PM
crope1 crope1 is offline
Travel Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 107
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

Kipper Nichol committed to Tulane and Baker is a 2016 guy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-20-2015, 11:25 PM
clemhick77 clemhick77 is online now
Two Deep
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 605
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

I gave wrong info. He played two seasons, but his stats went down is 2nd year. Could be he was told to hold on till see what the first options do as far as grad transfers. He is very athletic and would be better than nothing.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-20-2015, 11:27 PM
clemtig01 clemtig01 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 230
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crope1 View Post
Kipper Nichol committed to Tulane and Baker is a 2016 guy
I thought Baker was in this class. My mistake. As for Nichols, yes he's committed. But it's Tulane, and pen has not been put to paper yet as far as I know.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-20-2015, 11:30 PM
clemtig01 clemtig01 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 230
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemhick77 View Post
I gave wrong info. He played two seasons, but his stats went down is 2nd year. Could be he was told to hold on till see what the first options do as far as grad transfers. He is very athletic and would be better than nothing.
I'm not so sure that's the case. Smith, Nnoko, and Roper graduate next year. It's not unreasonable to hold that scholarship for next year's class if you don't have a guy that's worth it. If it's not a guy that can make an instant impact in 2015, then is it really worth taking an eligible-immediately type of transfer? I don't really think so.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-20-2015, 11:35 PM
clemhick77 clemhick77 is online now
Two Deep
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 605
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemtig01 View Post
I'm not so sure that's the case. Smith, Nnoko, and Roper graduate next year. It's not unreasonable to hold that scholarship for next year's class if you don't have a guy that's worth it. If it's not a guy that can make an instant impact in 2015, then is it really worth taking an eligible-immediately type of transfer? I don't really think so.
-------------

He can only play one season so will have no impact on the 2016 class. It is waste it or use that spot for next season.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-20-2015, 11:39 PM
crope1 crope1 is offline
Travel Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 107
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

There are several reason you take a 1 year guy regardless. It gives you another body for practice, it can create more competition at the position, and if it does not work out, you are no worse off.

I am not saying I like this guy at all. His stats were much better his first year, so maybe there is some potential there. I personally would go get TY Outlaw from the JUCO ranks. Kid would fill a need for us for the next 2 years.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-21-2015, 12:16 AM
Hale McGranahan's Avatar
Hale McGranahan Hale McGranahan is offline
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,878
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

To be honest, this is the first I've heard of the guy. I'll see what I can dig up.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-21-2015, 10:57 AM
clemtig01 clemtig01 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 230
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemhick77 View Post
-------------

He can only play one season so will have no impact on the 2016 class. It is waste it or use that spot for next season.
From what I saw, Coleman was actually a RS SO and while he may be graduated, he would have two years of eligibility if that is indeed the case.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-21-2015, 12:16 PM
crope1 crope1 is offline
Travel Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 107
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemtig01 View Post
From what I saw, Coleman was actually a RS SO and while he may be graduated, he would have two years of eligibility if that is indeed the case.
This is incorrect. He played one year at Alabama Southern Community College, and two years at Kennesaw State. He would only have one more year of eligibility left.

Kid has moved quite a bit. Redshirted his first year at Morehead St., transferred to Alabama Southern CC for 1 season, transferred to Kennesaw St for 2 years, and now looking to play his last year elsewhere.

Last edited by crope1; 04-21-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-21-2015, 12:45 PM
clemtig01 clemtig01 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 230
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crope1 View Post
This is incorrect. He played one year at Alabama Southern Community College, and two years at Kennesaw State. He would only have one more year of eligibility left.

Kid has moved quite a bit. Redshirted his first year at Morehead St., transferred to Alabama Southern CC for 1 season, transferred to Kennesaw St for 2 years, and now looking to play his last year elsewhere.
Okay, appears that the Kennesaw State was not correctly updated on his player page. In that case, I suppose he is no worse than nothing for one year. Hope the sights are set much higher, though.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-23-2015, 09:53 AM
crope1 crope1 is offline
Travel Team
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 107
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

This guy committed to Texas Southern yesterday.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Hale McGranahan's Avatar
Hale McGranahan Hale McGranahan is offline
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,878
Default Re: Hale - hoops grad transfer-Orlando Coleman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crope1 View Post
This guy committed to Texas Southern yesterday.
An indication why I hadn't heard of him...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Shop for 2019 Clemson Tigers Fiesta Bowl Champs Fan Gear at Fanatics Clemson Tigers gear at Fanatics.com



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Partner with USA TODAY Sports Media Group

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.