Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2021, 05:30 PM
TCI Staff

Default Qualk gives his take after Clemson loss to FSU

Old 01-23-2021, 06:09 PM
Two Deep

Default Re: Qualk gives his take after Clemson loss to FSU

Same rhetoric every year. Resume looks decent even though the team does not. Iím done with it.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:31 PM
Two Deep

To say that Wednesday is a must win, is an understatement. Let the season play out before you bring out the knives!
Old 01-23-2021, 09:37 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRick4U View Post
To say that Wednesday is a must win, is an understatement. Let the season play out before you bring out the knives!
Meh. They may win. They will fool some fans. But the writing is on the wall. Just accept reality.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:58 PM
Ring of Honor

The rest of the conference knows Clemsonís achilles heel now. If the Tigers canít hit 3ís there is no offense, so they do their best to keep us at the perimeter and Clemson is ok with that. On defense good shooting teams have figured out how stretch us and then exploit a soft undersized middle, poor box outs means good second chance points. This losing streak will continue until our guards start making 3ís again. You could see this issue in the early games but I think we surprised some teams with timely defense and just enough long range shots.

I wish Brownell could develop an offense beyond his reliance on his 3 guards. The forwards look intimidated around the basket. Hall shows some poise but heís getting less minutes and still needs some development before he can become a force.

Credit Trapp, heís the one player having any success on offense right now.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:32 AM
NFL Tiger

Brownell doesn't seem to know what to do when we aren't making outside shots. Its my biggest knock against him. He can't coach offense. And this is why UVA eats our lunch every single time.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:04 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by goindownsouth View Post
Same rhetoric every year. Resume looks decent even though the team does not. Iím done with it.
Same rhetoric from the fans every year. Sit on your hands when things go well and bash the team when the going gets tough. Glad you are done with it so we donít have see more post about your disappointment
Old 01-24-2021, 09:12 AM
NFL Tiger

I know some people don't buy it but you can't deny the drastic change after losing time due to Covid. This whole team just seems off. The first 2 games after the shut down I was really concerned but I have to admit that I thought they would have worked out the kinks by FSU. I'm sticking with my Covid shutdown really effected this team diagnosis. If that is truly the case this next game should be an indicator of that. I know some are skeptical and I'm not going to lie I have been hot and cold on Brownell, a lot more cold than hot, and if it were up to me he would have been gone a few years back. With that said I was really surprised and enjoyed the start of this season and hope beyond hope that the shutdown put them in this funk that they'll soon break out of it. These next couple games will tell who is right though. Is Brownell the coach many have wanted fired year after year or is this team the team that finally gets Brownell and Clemson over the proverbial basketball black hole hump? Obviously I hope the latter just bc it's great that have a competitive basketball team but we'll all soon find out together. Go Tigers!!!
Old 01-24-2021, 09:47 AM
NFL Tiger

Agree with Aiden. For a variety of reasons Clemson will not be a basketball power just like the coots will never be a football power. Maybe if we invested $100MM and had a shoe contract bagman we could but outside of that no chance.

Since the facilities upgrade we have recruited better and put an overall competitive team on the floor. A team which competes in the right way and a team we should be able to support. We have a highly respected coach who recruits solid student athletes. Would be great to win a few more games but progress has been made without sacrificing our integrity.

Sometimes itís a hard to appreciate what you have until itís gone.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:54 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Same rhetoric from the fans every year. Sit on your hands when things go well and bash the team when the going gets tough. Glad you are done with it so we donít have see more post about your disappointment
Since when has it become okay to accept, at best, a little better than a C average?