Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2020, 06:20 PM
TCI Staff

Default Clemson student starts petition to bring back balloon release tradition

Old 02-14-2020, 12:09 AM
Travel Team

Default Re: Clemson student starts petition to bring back balloon release tradition

Sign my name.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:49 AM
Tiger Starter

Location: Where the Ashley and the Cooper Rivers come together to form the Atlantic Ocean
Default Re: Clemson student starts petition to bring back balloon release tradition

Old 02-14-2020, 04:25 AM
NFL Tiger

All In for the Balloons.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:45 AM
TCI Staff

It is not going to happen so there is no since in starting this back up. Even if they get better balloons for the environment, the perception would still be out there that Clemson is hurting the environment and the university is not going to want to have deal with that PR problem every year.

It is over with. Let's move on and cherish the traditions that are much older and better than the balloons. Just my two cents.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:26 AM
Owner, Publisher

I like it. Don't think it will work but I like it.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:01 AM
NFL Tiger

They need to invent balloons that float up then pop at a certain height just above the stadium. Then have a pickup brigade clean up the area around the stadium. Our neighborhood used to do a big water balloon fight on the last day of school at the bus stop. 10 minutes after the fight ended you would never know 500 water balloons were deployed. If they pop right away then you are visibly showing the ďbiodegradable ď balloons are not floating 50 miles away to be quickly consumed by turtles.

Now back to current day. What really ticks me off is there has been no attempts to provide a replacement activity to liven up the pregame. Letís face it the run down the Hill is not what it once was. The 2x2 run down is taking too long and lacks the excitement of the whole team exploding down the Hill. Couple that with no balloons and a half empty Hill and itís hard to continue to argue this tradition is still the most exciting entrance in college football. Since they have plans to modify and enhance the East Zone, then use that as a motivation to develop a new tradition to accompany the hill run.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:50 PM
Two Deep

I'll sign.

The Hill ain't what it used to be. I can't stand to look over and see all the green visible as the team is coming down.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:48 AM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by URR29 View Post
I'll sign.

The Hill ain't what it used to be. I can't stand to look over and see all the green visible as the team is coming down.
This I agree with. The student body just doesn't care anymore. They only care about partying. The hill should be full every game, no excuses.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:51 AM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post
This I agree with. The student body just doesn't care anymore. They only care about partying. The hill should be full every game, no excuses.
I don't know about that. The rules/regulations changed. You know because "L" told you her story.