Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2021, 08:14 PM
TCI Staff

Default Re: Letís not take what Clemson Football has accomplished for granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelongstroke View Post
And while you are bush-bird chasing, do you not ever take the time to appreciate the bird in your hand?

I'm sorry 80, this mentality comes off as spoiled and entitled. The moral of the article was to appreciate how far the team has come. It was not "look at us, we've reached the finish line and we're the best"

I have no doubt Dabo and his team are heartbroken about the way the season ended. I have no doubt there will be "tweaks" to the system- whether they be public (like a coaching change) or private (changing two practice periods a week to special teams only). Dabo doesn't like losing, and implying that he does because Coach X or Coach Y isn't fired is spoiled and selfish behavior.

Make no mistake, I want the goals of this program to be high. Being critical of every practice and game decision for 364 days is not the way I prefer to go about it.
This has to be the best and most sensible response on a thread I have ever read.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:23 PM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeroid View Post
I appreciate our coaches and players every day. I lived through 1975.
For contexted, 1975 is the worst season in the modern of Clemson football as the Tigers went 2-9 that year.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:53 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMITH2554 View Post
I am not sure I follow Stroke. Are you inferring that I am berating any group through this comment? I was trying to comment that I am agreeing with both sides. I think there is work to be done, and most agree, but I am absolutely thrilled that we have torn up the ACC and we are finishing 3rd this year. It's an outstanding accomplishment.
You were, unfortunately, the DB that got caught in the pick play. I'm sorry.
I have spent the entire season watching certain posters hammer certain groups relentlessly. No, you do not belong on this list.

Yes, losing a game sucks. Having to hear about how bad everything is and watching mud being thrown all around doesn't change anything and generally ruins my views on what was, in effect, a pretty dang good season.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:56 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelongstroke View Post
You were, unfortunately, the DB that got caught in the pick play. I'm sorry.
I have spent the entire season watching certain posters hammer certain groups relentlessly. No, you do not belong on this list.

Yes, losing a game sucks. Having to hear about how bad everything is and watching mud being thrown all around doesn't change anything and generally ruins my views on what was, in effect, a pretty dang good season.
No worries at all! I totally get it. I feel many can be negative also. And I can be a guilty party also at times. Most of the time it's just a quick reaction after a loss or maybe just a bad day in general. I think we all know who can be glass empty folks on certain topics. And some are like that on all. This is a chat board but negativity can get old. There's enough of it outside Clemson sports so this should be a good relief from that.

I appreciate it!