Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2020, 11:45 AM
Two Deep

Default Re: Cases continue to climb in SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsson View Post
Makes me laugh that you quested the reliability of the site then you linked CNN

Why not just stick to the cold hard facts......

The data.

https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

You can visualize all the data. And it isn't hard to see, we are walking right towards a disaster.

The primary warning on that site is that the data isn't always updated on a day by day basis. Meaning that the valuable graphs are really the 7 day rolling averages. As single day numbers don't always make sense.

People from the beginning have accused me of getting spun up by the media. I haven't paid any attention to what the media says.

I look at the data every day. I look at hospitalization data every day. I look at when death rates generally start spiraling. The data is speaking very clearly. Just most people aren't looking.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:21 PM
NFL Tiger

SC is going to be struggling with hospitalizations within the next couple weeks. Ignoring the social distancing guidelines over the past month has cemented that situation. I can only hope the general population wakes up now so that August is not a continuation but rather a recovering situation.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:27 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
Why not just stick to the cold hard facts......

The data.

https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

You can visualize all the data. And it isn't hard to see, we are walking right towards a disaster.

The primary warning on that site is that the data isn't always updated on a day by day basis. Meaning that the valuable graphs are really the 7 day rolling averages. As single day numbers don't always make sense.

People from the beginning have accused me of getting spun up by the media. I haven't paid any attention to what the media says.

I look at the data every day. I look at hospitalization data every day. I look at when death rates generally start spiraling. The data is speaking very clearly. Just most people aren't looking.
Sorry but i have no desire to go back and forth on finding sites which support our preferred narratives. My comment was based on offering CNN as accurate and nothing more.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:31 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Cases continue to climb in SC

Quote:
Did you read the article?

Very serious concerns were pointed out about the data they upload.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:22 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger80 View Post
Did you read the article?

Very serious concerns were pointed out about the data they upload.
Once again I am not interested in trading links. My comment was the questioning one site and the irony of offering CNN as the rebuttal site. Nothing more or less.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:30 PM
Two Deep

Quote:

why do you say that, the article seems reasonable and has some valid quotes. I would question it too as a source of pandemic progress.
Clemson class of '92
Old 06-30-2020, 05:11 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Sorry but i have no desire to go back and forth on finding sites which support our preferred narratives. My comment was based on offering CNN as accurate and nothing more.

My link is a visualization of data. No commentary. Data. Are you scared of data so you can make up your own mind?
Old 06-30-2020, 06:52 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
My link is a visualization of data. No commentary. Data. Are you scared of data so you can make up your own mind?
Not sure why you care as I said nothing about the link you posted. I am sure it is fabulous info
Old 06-30-2020, 08:21 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Not sure why you care as I said nothing about the link you posted. I am sure it is fabulous info

Why quote me. I quoted you because you didn't like CNN.

So I quoted you to give you cold hard data. You then replied

Quote:
Sorry but i have no desire to go back and forth on finding sites which support our preferred narratives

What do you expect me to say?
Old 06-30-2020, 09:39 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Why quote me. I quoted you because you didn't like CNN.

So I quoted you to give you cold hard data. You then replied

What do you expect me to say?
How can I state this differently? I donít care about studying charts and graphs on a daily basis but am happy you seem to enjoy it. My statement was simply a chuckle at linking CNN as a trusted source as I found that funny. I mean no harm and donít expect you to say anything nor did I expect the previous replies as I did not address your post. Seems you think CNN is a solid source and you have every right to believe what you want as do I
Old 07-01-2020, 06:27 AM
NFL Tiger

Mask wearing and itís value, data and do you trust it?, personal freedoms vs personal responsibility. Healthcare outcomes. Political parties. The generational differences between young and old. COVID has so many dimensions that divide Americans. This could be an interesting time for American historians to write about in the future.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:07 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
How can I state this differently? I donít care about studying charts and graphs on a daily basis but am happy you seem to enjoy it. My statement was simply a chuckle at linking CNN as a trusted source as I found that funny. I mean no harm and donít expect you to say anything nor did I expect the previous replies as I did not address your post. Seems you think CNN is a solid source and you have every right to believe what you want as do I

I don't think you even understand the concept of quoting a person.

Do you even realize I am not the person who originally posted the CNN link? Since you decided to say "Seems you think CNN is a solid source".

You seem very confused in general as I haven't once endorsed the CNN link.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:12 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
Mask wearing and itís value, data and do you trust it?, personal freedoms vs personal responsibility. Healthcare outcomes. Political parties. The generational differences between young and old. COVID has so many dimensions that divide Americans. This could be an interesting time for American historians to write about in the future.

This is pretty easy man. You have to fall into one of two camps. You think the WHOLE world is out to help take away american freedoms for no reason by forcing them to wear masks AND all those countries are lying in unison. Basically a huge conspiracy against the USA by everyone.

OR

Masks work and the countries like New Zealand who have taken it seriously prove you can mitigate the disease. Notice I didn't say cure or avoid it all together. No country is immune to this. But we have seen multiple examples that countries have been able to get it under control.

And the countries that got it under control didn't do it by any single method. It took shutdowns, masks, contact tracings, and LOTS of tests. No country has gotten to almost no cases by doing any single action.

And hey, New Zealand got to have a rugby match with a stadium full of people.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:36 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
I don't think you even understand the concept of quoting a person.

Do you even realize I am not the person who originally posted the CNN link? Since you decided to say "Seems you think CNN is a solid source".

You seem very confused in general as I haven't once endorsed the CNN link.
Scroll through the thread and notice I did not tag/quote you in my comment about CNN but then somehow you felt the obligation to respond by quoting me. Other than I disparaged your beloved CNN not sure why you are even addressing me in this thread. I only responded to you after you responded. One of us is definitely confused...
Old 07-01-2020, 09:26 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Scroll through the thread and notice I did not tag/quote you in my comment about CNN but then somehow you felt the obligation to respond by quoting me. Other than I disparaged your beloved CNN not sure why you are even addressing me in this thread. I only responded to you after you responded. One of us is definitely confused...

Dude, I quoted you originally because you didn't want the CNN narrative.

It would be like three of us sitting in a bar. One guy says, "hey CNN says XYZ". You reply, "CNN sucks, i don't trust them". I reply, "Hey, here is the real data for you to look at".

You then start ranting about why am I talking to you and why do I love CNN so much. It is very much you that is confused.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:57 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Dude, I quoted you originally because you didn't want the CNN narrative.

It would be like three of us sitting in a bar. One guy says, "hey CNN says XYZ". You reply, "CNN sucks, i don't trust them". I reply, "Hey, here is the real data for you to look at".

You then start ranting about why am I talking to you and why do I love CNN so much. It is very much you that is confused.
I appreciate your sharing the real data but as I previously stated I do not care to immerse myself in the daily data parsing. Thanks again for the effort!
Old 07-01-2020, 10:04 AM
Tiger Starter

This thread is exactly why we need sports back.

We have two options.

1. Move forward. Life has risk. Everyone can take steps to mitigate risk as they see fit, but life must go on.

2. Cancel everything. As a sports fan, I am actually in this camp because I am sick and tired of all of this. This is always going to be a threat. I don't care about the MLB season because it likely won't finish. I'm not reading any articles leading up to the football season (sorry Robert, Will, Gavin) because I don't think it will happen in any meaningful, significant way.

For the record, I'm normally a very optimistic, positive person.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:10 PM
NFL Tiger

Well there's one thing I think we can all get behind. 2020 is halfway over so we are that much closer to seeing this toilet bowl year go away.