Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2019, 07:52 AM
TCI Staff

Default Tigers going through as much adversity as program has ever faced

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2019/0...as-ever-faced/
Old 04-28-2019, 10:16 AM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: Tigers going through as much adversity as program has ever faced

How much did the Meredith injury contribute to the slump? A healthy Kier would have locked down a speedster in left field and if heís hitting above .270 that would have given Lee more options to adjust the top of the batting order. I think Logan would have been more effective driving in runs batting 3rd in the order.

Also recall the stellar play in the outfield earlier this year absolutely preserved some close games.

Everything adds up in that Hall could have stayed at 2nd, and Bryd at DH most games. Better offense and fielding helps take pressure off the pitching staff which has basically wilted in these close games.

Just pondering how the Tigers ended up where they are these last few weeks.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:20 AM
Tiger Starter

Iím not a huge baseball guy, but when my buddy asked if I would ride down for the game Friday, I took him up on it!
I try to make 4 or 5 home games a year but this was my first ever baseball away game.

It was a good game until the seventh inning! The Tigers looked pretty sharp and had a snap in their step!
But late in the never ending bottom of the seventh when The bases were walked full and then a run was walked in, you could see the fire get put out.
The right fielder removed and almost threw his glove.

This team looks stuck in the mud.

Iím no baseball expert, but they donít look like they have any confidence at all.

Since I donít know a lot about Lee I canít say what the issue is, but they looked really bad. The body language went to poop and never really returned. They looked like they were ready to get to the bus when the 7 inning finally ended.

On another note I havenít been present for a Tiger win but once since the Khalil Greene era, when I was into baseball.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:34 AM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
How much did the Meredith injury contribute to the slump? A healthy Kier would have locked down a speedster in left field and if heís hitting above .270 that would have given Lee more options to adjust the top of the batting order. I think Logan would have been more effective driving in runs batting 3rd in the order.

Also recall the stellar play in the outfield earlier this year absolutely preserved some close games.

Everything adds up in that Hall could have stayed at 2nd, and Bryd at DH most games. Better offense and fielding helps take pressure off the pitching staff which has basically wilted in these close games.

Just pondering how the Tigers ended up where they are these last few weeks.
They could definitely use Meredith and Michael Green is the other player you are referring to. They have both been banged up. The injury bug has caught up to Clemson. However, yesterday's win was big, especially going into exam week.

They have a chance to get healthy and maybe get things turned around now that they have a little confidence.

The one thing they did do well this weekend, was hit the ball well.