Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2019, 02:12 PM
TCI Staff

Default Clemson falls again in AP Poll

article
Old 10-20-2019, 02:22 PM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: Clemson falls again in AP Poll

Writers do not know as much about football as coaches and do not look at the game through the same "eyes". That's why they are writers and not coaches.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:03 PM
Travel Team

Wes Durham tells me that the AP poll means less than nothing.
Old 10-20-2019, 04:34 PM
NFL Tiger

The media is starting to try to pump up Oregon as a CFP contender. Does anyone think the CFP committee will feel political pressure to get the PAC12 back into it? If politics is allowed enter the equation then unfortunately Clemson gets tagged with the short stick. How in the world could they favor a 1 loss PAC12 champ over an undefeated ACC champ? But then youíve got the media declaring the ACC Coastal as the ďcircle of suckĒ. Itís really frustrating to see the rest of the ACC doing their best to fulfill the narrative.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:27 PM
TCI Staff

Media or coaches poll has no influence on the committee at all.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:54 AM
Two Deep

They should leave the defending NC, undefeated ACC champ, 28 game win streak, out of the playoffs. That will help.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:34 AM
Tiger Starter

I doubt any remember the post. But this is the exactly what I posted 2 weeks ago when the Tigers fell to #2, and was referred to as Judas!
The ACC is no worse this year than it was last year!

This is an effort for ESPN to support their cash cow conferences.

The writers always echo what ESPN says. And to an extent the coaches do as well. Then the CFP committee echoes what they hear from the entire media!

I think the world of Dabo. ( I donít have a worship shrine like many) but I think heís the best coach in college football right now.

I understand that in many eyes you might be barred from Heaven and sent to Hell if you disagree with Dabo, but if the 2 and 3 deep keep getting most of the second half and Clemson doesnít get the blowout style points, this backups will likely get some playing time in a New Yearís Day bowl as well.

I donít think itís right, but it is what it is. ESPNs monopoly makes the rules, not me.

If the Tigers get left out as an undefeated National Champion it will hurt the chances in the future for Clemson and the ACC!

In the near future donít be surprised if ESPN puts undefeated ACC in the same category as Boise State and UCF.

I donít see why Herbstreit is on the attack so hard either. Maybe he should enroll his kids at Ohio State if he thinks Clemson is so terrible!

Itís a turning point for the Tigers and the entire ACC!
Old 10-21-2019, 10:58 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathValleyMike View Post
I doubt any remember the post. But this is the exactly what I posted 2 weeks ago when the Tigers fell to #2, and was referred to as Judas!

The writers always echo what ESPN says. And to an extent the coaches do as well. Then the CFP committee echoes what they hear from the entire media!

I think the world of Dabo. ( I donít have a worship shrine like many) but I think heís the best coach in college football right now.

I understand that in many eyes you might be barred from Heaven and sent to Hell if you disagree with Dabo, but if the 2 and 3 deep keep getting most of the second half and Clemson doesnít get the blowout style points, this backups will likely get some playing time in a New Yearís Day bowl as well.

I donít think itís right, but it is what it is. ESPNs monopoly makes the rules, not me.

If the Tigers get left out as an undefeated National Champion it will hurt the chances in the future for Clemson and the ACC!

In the near future donít be surprised if ESPN puts undefeated ACC in the same category as Boise State and UCF.

I donít see why Herbstreit is on the attack so hard either. Maybe he should enroll his kids at Ohio State if he thinks Clemson is so terrible!

I could write a long response on why many of your points are incorrect but it is not worth the time.

The simple fact is, win all our games and we are in the playoff 100%. If we do not, we deserve our fate.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:05 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathValleyMike View Post

I agree with Blood... take a break and breathe. Are we being treated unfairly by the media? Absolutely. Are the AP voters watching too much ESPN? Probably. Does it influence the CFP Committee? I donít think so. They never fall in line with the poles and I may be naive here, but thereís too much money on the board for them to be blatantly biased.

You mentioned Boise and UFC but they are two teams that have proved absolutely nothing. They havenít routinely beaten the likes and caliber of teams we have year after year so it like saying app st is undefeated, how can you leave them out. Easy, they havenít earned it. We have and have proven we routinely have beaten all comers no matter how weak our schedule is.

Also, donít mistake us all being Dabo fan boys either. While I happen to think heís the best coach out there, his methods are proven and I will not believe he is chancing his playoff bid by playing subs. I choose to believe he knows what Blood said...thereís no way they leave out an undefeated Clemson.