Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2019, 03:06 PM
Owner, Publisher

Default Latest on Tua's injury (Monday)

Old 10-21-2019, 03:18 PM
Ring of Honor

Default Re: Latest on Tua's injury (Monday)

If he can't get to 100% before the end of the season, Bama will lose multiple games. Their defense can't shut teams down and Mack Jones needs a ton of reps....he didn't look good the other night.

Or does Tua pull a Bosa and sit for the draft?

Last edited by Clemsonfan1364; 10-21-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:38 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Latest on Tua's injury (Monday)

It took him longer to recover after last year's surgery than the 20 days, following his surgery on Sunday, he has before the LSU game.

I wish him well, but it will be miraculous for him to recover enough to be 100% versus LSU.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:07 PM
Two Deep

They are setting up an excuse if bama loses to LSU' to try and get 2 sec teams in cfp.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:16 PM
Ring of Honor

Im not calling it but Id love to see CCM (and team) get their stuff together this week and pull an Illinois and win.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:09 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Tiger View Post
Im not calling it but Id love to see CCM (and team) get their stuff together this week and pull an Illinois and win.
This!!
Old 10-22-2019, 07:35 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonfan1364 View Post
If he can't get to 100% before the end of the season, Bama will lose multiple games. Their defense can't shut teams down and Mack Jones needs a ton of reps....he didn't look good the other night.

Or does Tua pull a Bosa and sit for the draft?

If Bama needs to win, it won't be Mack Jones playing. It will be Taulia.

And yes, I believe they would still win the SEC with Taulia at QB.

People are all hot on LSU, I don't buy it for a damn minute.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:26 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
If Bama needs to win, it won't be Mack Jones playing. It will be Taulia.

And yes, I believe they would still win the SEC with Taulia at QB.

People are all hot on LSU, I don't buy it for a damn minute.
You really think a 5-11 18-19 year old kid, that has played 9 snaps and attempted one pass in his college career can lead Alabama to an SEC championship? This years Alabama with a questionable defense?
Old 10-22-2019, 11:11 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggershark View Post
You really think a 5-11 18-19 year old kid, that has played 9 snaps and attempted one pass in his college career can lead Alabama to an SEC championship? This years Alabama with a questionable defense?

How did his brother do when his name finally got called? I think he won a national championship.

But to directly answer your question, yes, I believe Taulia can absolutely lead Bama to an SEC championship as a freshman.

I don't have a huge amount of respect for the SEC. I do think a Taulia led Bama gets bounces in the semi-finals of the playoffs.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:51 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
How did his brother do when his name finally got called? I think he won a national championship.

But to directly answer your question, yes, I believe Taulia can absolutely lead Bama to an SEC championship as a freshman.

I don't have a huge amount of respect for the SEC. I do think a Taulia led Bama gets bounces in the semi-finals of the playoffs.
Tua had his number called all season. He saw significant time prior to entering into the Championship game. He was 35/53 for 470 yards, 8 TDs and 1 int prior to that game. Tuilia is 1-1 for 20 yards in 9 snaps. But more importantly, he is not Tua.

I agree with your feelings on the SEC. Always overrated. But I think it is a big statement for any true freshman QB to come in with virtually zero college experience and face the 3-4 toughest games on their schedule and expect them to win them all. Tuilia is the 3rd string qb. Trevor was 2nd string and split time with first team and it took 4 games for him to really show out.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:56 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:

His brother stepped into the end of that game after playing a good bit during the season and performed really well for half a game. By the time the game rolled around he'd been in the program for a year because he was an early enrollee. And it was against a UGA team that was completely unprepared to defend against him coached by Kirby Smart who isn't known for making good late game adjustments. Taking a kid who has played 20 snaps as a true freshmen and giving him the reigns for multiple games his freshmen year is a much taller order. This is a different situation and I think a more difficult one to be in.

Not only did Tua play much more, but he also had a month after the season was over to continue to get better. He then only had to do well for half a game in which the opponent was completely surprised and unprepared to deal with him. Tua was a very different QB than Hurts and took advantage of their lack of preparation for his arm. Alabama's defense was also much better than they are right now.

This won't end the same as that did.