Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Travel Team

Default Hale - Thoughts on Luke Maye?

I know Maye visits UNC this weekend. Do you see him getting a committable offer from the holes? How do you see this playing out?

Ty Hudson was (imo) priority 1. With him onboard, I see Maye as next priority. It looks like Maye and his dad really like Brownell and Clemson. But even a sidelong glance from Roy Williams and we're chopped liver.

Edited to eliminate a redundant question.

Last edited by 2timestiger; 10-03-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side

Default Re: Hale - Thoughts on Luke Maye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2timestiger View Post
I know Maye visits UNC this weekend. Do you see him getting a committable offer from the holes? How do you see this playing out?

Ty Hudson was (imo) priority 1. With him onboard, I see Maye as next priority. It looks like Maye and his dad really like Brownell and Clemson. But even a sidelong glance from Roy Williams and we're chopped liver.

Edited to eliminate a redundant question.
He's got an offer to play ball at UNC, there's just some question as to how soon he would be put on scholarship.

Maye is the priority guy for his position. The next guy in line for Clemson at the 4/5 is Kerry Blackshear.

Yes, they think an awful lot of Brownell, particularly the dad. That relationship they have with Brownell, in part, has helped drag this thing out this long.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Travel Team

Thanks, Hale. BTW, you and your spreadhead buddies coming to C'town for the weekend? Or are you a fan of their imitators, Phish?
Old 10-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2timestiger View Post
Thanks, Hale. BTW, you and your spreadhead buddies coming to C'town for the weekend? Or are you a fan of their imitators, Phish?
No, I will not be making it down either night (duty calls in Clemson).

But I do like me some WSP. I've actually been on a bit of a kick lately, cleaning off some of the dust on a few of the old shows I've got on CD.

It's been a while since I've seen them. Over the last 5 years or so, it seems like every time they've been within a reasonable drive I've got some other commitment.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Ok so the way I understand this, the Holes swoop in yet again riding on the coattails of Brads consistent recruitment of Luke, trying to sweep him away.

They, the Holes, are offering him some kind of partial scholly...isn't that correct Hale?!?!?

Don't get blinded by the blue lights Luke. Your home is here. I think he's a Tiger
Old 10-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Travel Team

Hope you're right, Barb. Not certain this is true, but I read somewhere that Maye's dad has some ties to UNC, was an asst. basketball coach there at one time, or something. And they "offered" him a couple of months back, although what they offered is not clear. Bryce Howard flipping to the holes nearly killed me, so I'm trying not to get too invested in any hoops recruiting with the Holes.