Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2014, 03:54 PM
Founder/Publisher

Default Wednesday update on McCloud and Cain

We have news to report on both Deon Cain and Ray Ray McCloud. TCI has confirmed that McCloud no longer plans to enroll early at Clemson.

Ray Ray is now planning to take some official visits in January. He has already taken his official to Clemson.

The new Florida Head coach had his in-home visit with McCloud Tuesday.

We didn't put this out there earlier, but feel it is appropriate to put it out there now. If you remember there was a lot of discussion the week before the Florida South Carolina game about whether Ray Ray would make a visit to Florida that weekend. Some reports came out that weekend that he did not make that visit. A source told us that weekend that they had confirmation that McCloud did indeed visit Florida that weekend. They kept Ray Ray isolated from the other recruits to keep his visit quiet according to our source.

We can also tell you that Florida wanted to visit with Deon Cain in Tampa on Tuesday, but his family refused the visit saying he is solid with the Tigers. We will have to see if he remains firm now that his good friend Ray Ray is opening things back up on his recruitment.

5:00 Update - Just spoke with a source at Clemson. They do not believe McCloud will follow through with any other official visits and believe he is still undecided about whether to enroll early.

We will continue to monitor this situation closely and let you know as we learn more.

Last edited by Robert Thorne MacRae; 12-10-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Wednesday update on McCloud and Cain

Seems like Cain knows what the word commitment means.

Terrible news on the McCloud front. Is he really thinking about cutting his ties with Scott, Elliott, and Swinney for a new and unproven UF coach? Wow.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Ring of Honor

Ugh.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Come on man!!

Way to go Deon and family on sticking to your word
Old 12-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Tiger Starter

The wonderful world of recruiting 18 year olds.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:21 PM
NFL Tiger

I certainly hope he becomes a tiger, and hope he decides to EE. If not this will go on until signing day
Old 12-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Ring of Honor

I don't have a good feeling about Mcloud and Clemson. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like I did with regards to Demarcus Robinson. To me it says something that a new coach was able to come in and get an in home visit so quickly.

I think it's imperative that we have a good offensive showing in the bowl game because if we struggle, you know opposing coaches are going to use it against us.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Two Deep

We took it up the butt once in the Orange Bowl and still managed to bring in a solid recruiting class. If coaches have to go to that level, that's pretty crazy.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutigergrad04 View Post
I don't have a good feeling about Mcloud and Clemson. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like I did with regards to Demarcus Robinson. To me it says something that a new coach was able to come in and get an in home visit so quickly.

I think it's imperative that we have a good offensive showing in the bowl game because if we struggle, you know opposing coaches are going to use it against us.
Not so sure how the one bowl game will give more ammunition to other coaches than our overall performance this year when Stoudt was starting or when he replaced Watson.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:56 PM
NFL Tiger

This "secret" visit , was just a secret from the public. or was it hid from the staff ? Finishing shool and coming in during the summer is one thing, but if/when recruits start lying it doesn't bode well.

Last edited by MRTTMT; 12-10-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Scholarship Player

have they signed financial aid papers. if so doesn't that give us unlimited contact. Dabo can sleep over house if he wants!!
Old 12-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Tiger Starter

I had a gut feeling that He wasn't All In from the start.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerNE View Post
Not so sure how the one bowl game will give more ammunition to other coaches than our overall performance this year when Stoudt was starting or when he replaced Watson.
One big difference is that Chad Morris had a history of good offenses. The bowl will be Tony Elliot's(and JS) first public audition. If things go bad, it will be another tool recruiters can use.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Founder/Publisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoss View Post
have they signed financial aid papers. if so doesn't that give us unlimited contact. Dabo can sleep over house if he wants!!
McCloud has signed an FAA.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Tiger Starter

I've been trying to tell you guys that McCloud had his dad doing all the talking and still taking him on visits during the recruiting process.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Travel Team

I read on another site that he was all in and the family did not know where this is coming from.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Founder/Publisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by grerod3 View Post
I read on another site that he was all in and the family did not know where this is coming from.
There are some naive writers out there that have only been covering recruiting for a year or two, don't have very good sources and don't have a very good gut for recruiting.

It is fine for his Dad to respond that his son is "All In" after this bubbles up today and get gets contacted by the Clemson staff.

I can tell you his father also told another reporter that I have spoken with today that his son was not going to enroll early and that he was going to take a visit to Florida in January. His father also told at least one other report this same information today.

After Clemson goes into damage control the father comes out with a different story. I certainly hope he stays firm with his commitment to Clemson. He is a stud and will make a "Sammy like" impact wherever he lands.

But players that are truely All In don't do some of the things that Ray Ray has been doing for the past few months.

If you are truely All In why do you take a visit from a Florida head coach that hasn't been on the job but one week? Does that pass the sniff test to any of you that have really followed recruiting?

I've been doing this for a long time, not just a year or two like some others and have actual sources in Florida that have great connections to the program down there. Anyone that has followed TCI knows that from the Demarcus Robinson coverage and coverage of other things related to Florida.

For the record based on where our Florida source got his information on Ray Ray's visit we feel good about that information. Clemson made it clear to Ray Ray the week of that visit that they did not want him making that visit.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Travel Team

I guess Kitt leaving will come back and bite our butt. I kept telling everyone that it was a long time till signing day and we may not be too deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
There are some naive writers out there that have only been covering recruiting for a year or two, don't have very good sources and don't have a very good gut for recruiting.

It is fine for his Dad to respond that his son is "All In" after this bubbles up today and get gets contacted by the Clemson staff.

I can tell you his father also told another reporter that I have spoken with today that his son was not going to enroll early and that he was going to take a visit to Florida in January. His father also told at least one other report this same information today.

After Clemson goes into damage control the father comes out with a different story. I certainly hope he stays firm with his commitment to Clemson. He is a stud and will make a "Sammy like" impact wherever he lands.

But players that are truely All In don't do some of the things that Ray Ray has been doing for the past few months.

If you are truely All In why do you take a visit from a Florida head coach that hasn't been on the job but one week? Does that pass the sniff test to any of you that have really followed recruiting?

I've been doing this for a long time, not just a year or two like some others and have actual sources in Florida that have great connections to the program down there. Anyone that has followed TCI knows that from the Demarcus Robinson coverage and coverage of other things related to Florida.

For the record based on where our Florida source got his information on Ray Ray's visit we feel good about that information. Clemson made it clear to Ray Ray the week of that visit that they did not want him making that visit.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Travel Team

In my 53+ years of following Clemson football/recruiting, when a recruit has a relative that is living vicariously through the recruit, you have a problem with what is the "truth" during the recruitment process. Just sayin'.
Old 12-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Travel Team

you ever thought that the "SOURCES" may just put something out that isn't true so the "MEDIA" who is falling over themselves to "BREAK" a story will put it out. Then there are people who ALWAYS assume the worst and the sky is falling crowd jumps in and blah blah