Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Two Deep

Default Re: So is Brad Brownell in hot water about what he said to O'Neil McBride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan700 View Post
Iím not taking him seriously anymore he says he has problems with cussing and that type of language but based on his Facebook page he sure loves Donald Trump so yeah Iím done taking him serious. If Brad did this he shouldnít have done it not defending it but Iím not taking anything his dad says seriously and yes I know who his Dad is.

What's Donald Trump got to do with anything?
Old 05-01-2021, 04:34 PM
Ring of Honor

Default Re: So is Brad Brownell in hot water about what he said to O'Neil McBride?

Quote:
His dad is really doing this for political reasons if you ask me go watch his 2nd video and look at the the rest of his Facebook page.
I got no problems with his politics. Heís conservative, thatís clear to anyone visiting his FB page. I saw nothing in his videos that screams political motives. Heís angry with how he believes his son was treated. I donít agree with making this a public fight. He should have taken this to Clements for resolution in my opinion. The decision to leave the basketball team was already made and his son intends to graduate from Clemson. The better plan would be to find a solution that doesnít make his son a target. Many are not going to be happy the University us getting this ugly exposure.

The other thing I donít like is bringing Wells Hoag into it publicly. I donít recall him saying he had permission from Hoag to do that.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:39 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
I got no problems with his politics. Heís conservative, thatís clear to anyone visiting his FB page. I saw nothing in his videos that screams political motives. Heís angry with how he believes his son was treated. I donít agree with making this a public fight. He should have taken this to Clements for resolution in my opinion. The decision to leave the basketball team was already made and his son intends to graduate from Clemson. The better plan would be to find a solution that doesnít make his son a target. Many are not going to be happy the University us getting this ugly exposure.

The other thing I donít like is bringing Wells Hoag into it publicly. I donít recall him saying he had permission from Hoag to do that.
My problem is itís hypocritical to say you are against that type of language and how people treat other people but have zero problem with Trump. Not defending Brad if what happened is true facts will come out but thatís laughable and hypocritical to me.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:50 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonfan View Post
What's Donald Trump got to do with anything?

It's what leftists do.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:01 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post

I've read elsewhere that this was posted because he has gone to both the athletic department and the university with the issue and was basically blown off.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:19 PM
NFL Tiger

Was CBB mean to that manís 22 year old baby boy?
Old 05-01-2021, 05:27 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy2402 View Post
I've read elsewhere that this was posted because he has gone to both the athletic department and the university with the issue and was basically blown off.
He said in the 1st video he spoke to or received some communication with an assistant AD. He wasnít satisfied with their response and wasnít provided a meeting with DRad. Thatís where I feel he should try to get a meeting with Clements before going public. At that point the administration has been made directly aware of the accusations. In this hyper sensitive nation, I would hope Clements would recognize he needs to step in before it gets any worse. Instead McBride decided to go with the scorched earth option. I am offended he wears Clemson gear and tries to play it like heís looking out for Clemson. No heís decided he wants Brownell fired and maybe damage DRad as well. I just donít like his tactics.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:32 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

I'm sure Coach K never used harsh language toward any of his players Mind you 5 freaking star players.

My high school coach said some really Shi%%y things to me and so did my tennis and swimming coaches. My Mom and Dad told me to suck it up. I'll just wait and see what comes of this.

The court of social media is a cancer on our society. Love it and hate it.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:37 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Was CBB mean to that manís 22 year old baby boy?
I should have known you would come defend someone who represents Clemson being an abusive a-hole.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:38 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Iím not taking him seriously anymore he says he has problems with cussing and that type of language but based on his Facebook page he sure loves Donald Trump so yeah Iím done taking him serious. If Brad did this he shouldnít have done it not defending it but Iím not taking anything his dad says seriously and yes I know who his Dad is.
Checking out FB and bringing DT into this? How judgemental we've become if we base things on social media crap! Let it play out! So he cussed out a player. This is big boy nonsnowflake way to get the best out of someone. Might not be everyone's style and if a player can't take it, there are many that can. Move on and don't make excuses for not cutting it with your bosses style!
Old 05-01-2021, 05:54 PM
NFL Tiger

It's a little more than cussing at a player. Part of what he reportedly said was that he was going to tell any future employers of the kid that he was a "lazy piece of s--t." That's above and beyond, and far more successful coaches than Brownell have been fired for being abusive to players.

"But my junior varsity table tennis coach said worse than that!" Is well and good, but that stuff doesn't fly today any more than withholding water because "It'll make you sick and slow."
Old 05-01-2021, 06:42 PM
Two Deep

So was the Facebook post a screen capture of an actual text from brownell, or just the kid reporting that brownell said that?
Old 05-01-2021, 06:55 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Quote:
It's a little more than cussing at a player. Part of what he reportedly said was that he was going to tell any future employers of the kid that he was a "lazy piece of s--t." That's above and beyond, and far more successful coaches than Brownell have been fired for being abusive to players.

"But my junior varsity table tennis coach said worse than that!" Is well and good, but that stuff doesn't fly today any more than withholding water because "It'll make you sick and slow."
If that's directed at me, I never played JV. Just to clarify. Won state as a team twice and 3 times as #1 doubles. Could have played for a really great Coach and tennis legend in South Carolina, but wanted to go to Clemson.

If not directed at me, then "reportedly" we can call it water under the bridge.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:37 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubarb1991 View Post
If that's directed at me, I never played JV. Just to clarify. Won state as a team twice and 3 times as #1 doubles. Could have played for a really great Coach and tennis legend in South Carolina, but wanted to go to Clemson.

If not directed at me, then "reportedly" we can call it water under the bridge.
Not directed at you, a general statement. I too had coaches who said worse back in the day, but as someone who has coached that stuff doesnít work with kids today. Different time, different mentality. Of course at no time did I have a coach threaten my future.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:22 PM
Two Deep

Heaven forbid a coach crawl someone. You have to get your dad to talk to your coach? It's what's wrong with kids these days. People on here love Danny Ford and I've never seen a coach chew on players as much as Danny. Kids these days need to toughen up in opinion.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:57 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
I should have known you would come defend someone who represents Clemson being an abusive a-hole.
I have not defended anyone and you have no idea if CBB was an abusive ahole. What we do know is this guy and his grown son have hurt feelings so you seem to have a lot in common with them
Old 05-01-2021, 10:43 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
I have not defended anyone and you have no idea if CBB was an abusive ahole. What we do know is this guy and his grown son have hurt feelings so you seem to have a lot in common with them
Nah, someone not defending someone else normally attacks the victim in a situation.

If someone threatens my future employment anyone with a lick of sense would be upset. Of course, recalling your posting history that would exclude you.
Old 05-02-2021, 05:16 AM
NFL Tiger

Oh my Lord. This is just getting beyond ridiculous. A 20 something year old grown man had his feelings hurt. Cry me a river. “He said bad words daddy, I am scarred for life.” This is just beyond crazy anymore. Life lesson... life is not always fair. Live with it. I feel so sorry for these people when they go out into the real world. They are in for a REAL shock. If I said something you do not like, you have a CHOICE to make, suck it up and work harder or go somewhere else. I have a RIGHT to express myself however I feel. I might have to suffer a consequence from it if I am employed by someone else, but just because I hurt your feelings does not mean I have to change. This sounds like to me another privileged person use to getting his way and he did not this time. So let me jump on fakebook and throw a temper tantrum til I do. Insane. “Don’t you know who I am? I am councilman so and so, you can not write me ticket officer.” Or, “You can not take me to jail. My daddy runs this town. He is best friends with Senator so and so. Wait til I talk with him”... is all I hear during this. And yes I was in law enforcement a few years.... �� And this never stopped me.

Last edited by Taz089; 05-02-2021 at 05:22 AM.
Old 05-02-2021, 06:05 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Nah, someone not defending someone else normally attacks the victim in a situation.

If someone threatens my future employment anyone with a lick of sense would be upset. Of course, recalling your posting history that would exclude you.
I made a general comment based on the dad helicoptering in to rescue a grown son from a verbal berating.

1) we donít know if it even happened, the setting or specifics
2) Maybe the young man should not list CBB as a reference on his CV?
3) Did CBB make a notation on the young manís permanent record which will follow him and impact his entire future?
Old 05-02-2021, 08:25 AM
Two Deep

Bill Wilhelm would not have lasted a week in today's snowflake, leftist, cancel culture era. Neither would Danny for that matter!!