Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2021, 08:38 AM
Ring of Honor

Default Re: So is Brad Brownell in hot water about what he said to O'Neil McBride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRick4U View Post
Bill Wilhelm would not have lasted a week in today's snowflake, leftist, cancel culture era. Neither would Danny for that matter!!
Agree, but Coach Brownell is fully aware of whatís allowed today vs when he was a player. Itís on him to keep it inside todayís guardrails. Dabo Swinney can deliver a good butt chewing but when hasnít he returned to that player to reinforce its the play heís trying to correct not an personal attack on the player.

If in fact he took this into a team dinner a day later thatís not what we should tolerate from any coach. We have no idea whatís factual in this situation. Thatís on the Clemson administration to address. The administration better step up because so far I canít say Iíve been impressed with their response IF itís played out the way McBride asserts.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:58 AM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: So is Brad Brownell in hot water about what he said to O'Neil McBride?

Sometimes the smartest response is no response. At the very least entering in a FB battle with guy craving attention is a bad idea. My assumption is our AD has looked into the allegations and addressed it IF there is anything which requires a response.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:04 AM
TCI Staff

Just wanted to let you guys know I have looked into this. I can't tell you much because I promised not say anything at this point. However, what I can tell you is not everything is being conveyed here and things don't look as bad for Brownell as you might think.

Let's not jump to judgement before we know everything we need to know in this matter.
Old 05-02-2021, 10:20 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post
Just wanted to let you guys know I have looked into this. I can't tell you much because I promised not say anything at this point. However, what I can tell you is not everything is being conveyed here and things don't look as bad for Brownell as you might think.

Let's not jump to judgement before we know everything we need to know in this matter.
Thanks Will! Itís weird that a portion of the fanbase seem to want it to be true so they can push CBB out. For whatever reason they have this romantic view of our program that if CBB can achieve respectable results then some other coach can make us a top 15 contender.
Old 05-02-2021, 10:27 AM
NFL Tiger

I do not know what transpired between BB and McBride, but I can tell you that Mark McBride senior is an attention grabbing, publicity seeking controversial politician. He was mayor of Myrtle Beach at one time but again was very controversial and was not reelected. Same story for being on the city council.

For some, any publicity, good or bad, is good publicity. IMHO this is mostly an attention grab to garner headlines and get his name out in the media.
Old 05-02-2021, 01:59 PM
Two Deep

You can bet that if it's something aired on FB it's mostly a biased account of what happened, usually done for either pitty or attention or both. I don't think Brownell is that great of a coach, but I'm not going to hold hearsay against him when there has not been any sort of problem like this before in his tenure.
Old 05-02-2021, 02:21 PM
Walk On

Kind of funny how the officer checked out if McBride had a gun when he was on campus.

Last edited by tonym33; 05-02-2021 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2021, 04:57 PM
Two Deep

also, McBride wasn't the only walk-on who said he would transfer this past week. Well Hoag also said he would transfer so he was offended by Brad's apparent comments too.
If you go to the official athletic site clemsontigers.com they have already removed all the names on the roster who have transfers. just 8 players and one walk-on are on the roster not including the two recruits for this fall and Collins the transfer. We need some more good transfers on the team to be good next season. It's going to be tough to get some until this matter is cleared up...
Old 05-02-2021, 05:47 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemhick77 View Post
also, McBride wasn't the only walk-on who said he would transfer this past week. Well Hoag also said he would transfer so he was offended by Brad's apparent comments too.
If you go to the official athletic site clemsontigers.com they have already removed all the names on the roster who have transfers. just 8 players and one walk-on are on the roster not including the two recruits for this fall and Collins the transfer. We need some more good transfers on the team to be good next season. It's going to be tough to get some until this matter is cleared up...
There's no matter that needs to be cleared up! Someone ranting on Facebook does not make something an issue. I do not understand why anyone is making a big deal about this. Sometimes you don't dignify things with a response because it isn't worth it. And please stop pretending that you know that other transfers are related to being "offended by Brad's apparent comments". It could be any host of reasons unless the student has commented that it was related to this.

I can't believe that this thread is already three links long. And yes I am aware that three of the comments are mine...
Old 05-02-2021, 07:30 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemhick77 View Post
Well Hoag also said he would transfer so he was offended by Brad's apparent comments too.

You're joking.........aren't you?
Old 05-02-2021, 07:48 PM
Two Deep

no they both transfered the same day. The administration needs to comment this was a false accusation or blown out of proportion so they don't lose any more players and be able to get some more in the portal.
Old 05-02-2021, 08:13 PM
NFL Tiger

So two students who walked on to the team decided to transfer?
Old 05-02-2021, 08:15 PM
Two Deep

yes, but looks like the matter has been cleared up. Good to know and can move on...

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2021/0...inst-brownell/
Old 05-03-2021, 03:51 PM
Tiger Starter

So two students who walked on to the team decided to transfer?

Well ......................... bye !