Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2015, 10:30 PM
Ring of Honor

Default Observations....lol

The defense is great. We need to continue to develop depth, but this unit can take us places.

Special Teams....why can't we cover a kick? Can we just kick it out of bounds and spot it at the 35? Same thing the last 3-4 years.

Offense....oline has to improve. Most issues are RT and TE...they either whiff or just get beat. Williams is easily a better blocker than any other TE.

Scott is great, but needs help. Peake completely disappeared tonight. Renfrow isnt a bad player at all. Cain and McCloud are going to light it off soon.

Wayne Gallman...thank you. That guy plays hard. But we need someone to step up behind him. Offense changes too much when he is out.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Travel Team

Default Re: Observations....lol

I cringe every time CJ Davidson gets in the game...just don't see the potential there. Brooks , Dye, & Fuller all need more meaningful snaps.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:06 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonfan1364 View Post
The defense is great. We need to continue to develop depth, but this unit can take us places.

Special Teams....why can't we cover a kick? Can we just kick it out of bounds and spot it at the 35? Same thing the last 3-4 years.

Offense....oline has to improve. Most issues are RT and TE...they either whiff or just get beat. Williams is easily a better blocker than any other TE.

Scott is great, but needs help. Peake completely disappeared tonight. Renfrow isnt a bad player at all. Cain and McCloud are going to light it off soon.

Wayne Gallman...thank you. That guy plays hard. But we need someone to step up behind him. Offense changes too much when he is out.
D is beastmode.

ST sucks out loud. what the hell is #91 doing on KO returns? WTF, can he really run someone down? Not like he's trying to bust a wedge.

I said in the 3rd to give me more RRMIII and Cain, Dabo abliged and it worked rather well

Gallman is great, 2nd, give me Brooks or Dye. Tired of seeing Davidson. Every carry went nowhere.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:07 PM
Ring of Honor

Good points. Some added thoughts...

Offense:
1.) we really miss Mike W.
2.) Peake just isn't consistent enough to be the number #1 target. He's never had to be "the guy" and I was hoping with Williams injury he'd step up but I just don't see it happening.
3.) Play calling has got to be better. I think we miss some of the window dressing that Morris used to keep defenses honest.

Defense:
Im still a little worried about our ability to consistently set the edge when we play GT, but overall I have no major complaints.

Special Teams
1.) Why can't we kick it in the endzone? When they moved the kick offs up I thought every kicker in America could put into the EZ, but apparently all but ours can.
2.) We have zero threat of a return....and on the flip side....
3.) our coverage is horrendous. When your kicker is constantly making the tackle you have serious problems.
4.) If our current coach can't get the job done find someone else to coach SpTeams.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:39 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutigergrad04 View Post
4.) If our current coach can't get the job done find someone else to coach SpTeams.
+1 billion.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:14 AM
Two Deep

Disappointed in play calling, DW's deep ball and decision making (very alarming), TE play in general and ST. This game shouldn't have been this difficult, offensive mistakes and poor ST play made it so.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:25 AM
Travel Team

DW looks like a completely different QB from last year. Even the celebrating look at me crap after a good play.

ST suck. All of them.

Davidson needs to be on the scout team. Where the hell is Dye?
Old 09-18-2015, 05:37 AM
Tiger Starter

Thursday night road game I will take it everytime. We won while playing our worst and every team has to do that at some point.