Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2018, 12:59 AM
TCI Staff

Default Swinney's opening statement

"Obviously very disappointed. We came here to win. Just incredibly disappointed in our performance credit goes to Alabama. Congrats to them they were the better them today...we had opportunities...just really disappointed in the first half especially...proud of Alex for making a couple of kicks...at the end of the day, Championship football is a game of a few plays...you have to make the critical plays and we didn't do that. We did it last year, we didn't do it this year...one thing we've done a great job of all year is points off of turnovers but we gave up 14 points off of turnovers...tough sledding when you get behind Alabama like that...just a tough day all the way around for us...that's really the story of the game but the credit goes to Alabama. At the end of the day I will say I'm proud of of defense and our offense and how they competed down the stretch. I think it says a lot about who they are...very thankful for our seniors...nobody picked us to be here this year....this is a great group of young men that I will miss deeply...it's a disappointing end to a good season"
Old 01-02-2018, 08:19 AM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: Swinney's opening statement

It reminded me of 2008. Overmatched in the trenches.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:33 AM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: Swinney's opening statement

Very much so. I was quiet all week bc it had the 2008 feeling. Everyone is confident we will win and lots thought wed win going away. And then that happened again.