Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Travel Team

Default Re: The Insider Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebowl2012 View Post
Which is why in Robert's latest tracker the "word in Miami" is that Alexander will be Clemson bound right? I'm going to trust Robert over you.
I swear I'm not trying to be a downer but you said the same thing to me when I said Auburn was feeling like they had Adams. We still have a VERY good class. I also still like our chances with Alexander. Robert himself when it comes down to it will tell you that what he says isn't set in stone because of how fluid recruiting is. Did he do anything whatsoever wrong with his reporting for so long of us leading for Adams? Most definitely not. We did lead. Things change though. If someone hears something else there's no reason to blast them.

Robert may not agree but the downers, negative people, and "trash" is much more the people attacking anyone that brings anything to the board than it is those who may not feel we are getting a recruit. No need to trash someone for stating what they hear. I was called all kinds of names the last two days and I was right the entire time. I only posted what a very good source told me and I was blasted. Just sit back. Read Robert's extremely good info (better than the pay sites imo) and realize MANY things Robert posts will change because recruiting changes constantly. He's always right at the time of posting. A 17 year old can change his mind 5 times in an hour.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:51 PM
NFL Tiger

This sucks! there is not enough ways to say that. Its not finalized where he is going yet, but arrows are starting to point away from Clemson. He would have been great on our D line.

Everyone needs to realize and understand that great recruiting is just a part of it. Players still need to be coached up and they need to perform.... we have all seen great recruits that did not (for any number of reasons) at Clemson and other schools. So as far as Mt Adams, I would like to think he would be a great (Clemson) Tiger, but who knows....

So what we need to do now is what my former coach would say, usually after I took a big hit and was wabbling around, and sometimes headed towards the wrong sideline...SHAKE IT OFF!!! We will still have a good class incoming, and some good players coming back. So lets not get stuck on what we didn't get, instead of looking at what did and do.

Last edited by Big_Cat; 02-04-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psk07 View Post
I swear I'm not trying to be a downer but you said the same thing to me when I said Auburn was feeling like they had Adams. We still have a VERY good class. I also still like our chances with Alexander. Robert himself when it comes down to it will tell you that what he says isn't set in stone because of how fluid recruiting is. Did he do anything whatsoever wrong with his reporting for so long of us leading for Adams? Most definitely not. We did lead. Things change though. If someone hears something else there's no reason to blast them.

Robert may not agree but the downers, negative people, and "trash" is much more the people attacking anyone that brings anything to the board than it is those who may not feel we are getting a recruit. No need to trash someone for stating what they hear. I was called all kinds of names the last two days and I was right the entire time. I only posted what a very good source told me and I was blasted. Just sit back. Read Robert's extremely good info (better than the pay sites imo) and realize MANY things Robert posts will change because recruiting changes constantly. He's always right at the time of posting. A 17 year old can change his mind 5 times in an hour.
Haha I don't know if I'm who you think I am, but I have legitimately been saying the exact same things about recruiting all evening after the information about Adams came out. I trust Robert and I realize that recruiting predictions are a very inexact science. I'm not trying to trash anyone, I was just bringing up that I'm not going to distrust Robert just because of the Adams situation. I have a gut feeling about Alexander. I think Dabo can really relate to him in a way that none of the SEC coaches can, and I feel like after reading the article on ESPN earlier today that seems more important to him than the SEC does. I have no proof to back that up. Its just pure speculation and a gut feeling.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:08 PM
NFL Tiger

My 2 cents: It ain't over until NSD. that said, big disappointment not to get Adams if he doesn't come. never saw Robert miss that bad before. However, if our Field goal kicker and QB's are as accurate as Robert is most of the time, we'll win a lot of games. 1, 2 or 3 guys are not gonna make or break this class or team. We've been successful with mostly 3* guys for several years now and now we're getting mostly 4* guys. Gotta believe we'll be OK. The 5*s will come. Continue to build it, and they will come.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:13 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebowl2012 View Post
Haha I don't know if I'm who you think I am, but I have legitimately been saying the exact same things about recruiting all evening after the information about Adams came out. I trust Robert and I realize that recruiting predictions are a very inexact science. I'm not trying to trash anyone, I was just bringing up that I'm not going to distrust Robert just because of the Adams situation. I have a gut feeling about Alexander. I think Dabo can really relate to him in a way that none of the SEC coaches can, and I feel like after reading the article on ESPN earlier today that seems more important to him than the SEC does. I have no proof to back that up. Its just pure speculation and a gut feeling.
Yeah I agree on Mackenzie. After hearing more about the brother I almost wish we could take him. I may be completely wrong but imo I'd rather have Mackenro than Carter. Not the same position but numbers wise we're fine at DB if we sign Mackenzie and Mackenro seems like more of a playmaker than Carter. I do think with the way Dabo grew up that he relates more. We have the immediate playing time he covets. We have the good team from day 1 that he covets (Miss St, Auburn even with their class, and Kentucky will all suck next year). He also doesn't seem like the type to buy into the SEC SEC crap.

If anyone reads my posts I've never once said Robert is wrong. You may be right that I had the wrong guy in replying to you it was just the way you worded the response to the other guy was the exact way someone worded their response to me. In all of my posts about things I hear I've never once said Robert was wrong just relayed info I've heard to see if Robert had any thoughts/take on it.

I personally think Montravious POSSIBLY is upset about being dropped due to being hurt in the allstar game and not playing and not getting as much hype due to that and saying Auburn to everyone to drum up drama. It just doesn't make sense whatsoever to go there unless someone really caught his ear about the SEC crap.