Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Two Deep

Default Re: Chad Morris update (11:42 am)

This thread makes me happy!

Not because I have a strong feeling on this stuff one way or the other, and not because I like to watch the back and forth, but because it reminds me about why TCI is so great.

It is obvious that some people aren't seeing eye to eye on this one. It is also obvious that we have a new member to the family who doesn't quite yet understand how things go around here and some of the nuances certain people bring to the table.

What I am loving is how many people are trying to come and help educate and engage said poster instead of simply blasting away and making things nasty. It would be a lot easier to just devolve into personal attacks and whatnot, but instead we have people trying to come along and help show a noob the ropes. That's how it should be.

Take all of what is being said under consideration, BB, and hopefully you'll be around for a long time to come. I appreciate your passion and your willingness to engage in a good debate.

Finally, as always, a shout out to Robert and crew for keeping this place clean and homey and awesome. You guys do a great job! (I got my t-shirt the other day for the pick-em and have been wearing it around proudly!)
Old 01-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerNE View Post
Just giving some insight to those who are relentlessly battling on this thread: Many of us click to find out if there is really any current "update" on Morris, only to find the battlefield. Again. And again.

A suggestion: Consider starting a separate new topic where it's clearly about coaching opinions or perhaps find a way to direct chat about it (not sure if that function is working here).

Or maybe the mods can unstick this one and start a new sticky thread on Morris?

Just frustrating to keep checking back only to find the battle.
NE if the staff has new info, I am sure it will be in a new thread, it always is. Sorry for my part in this debacle. That is what I meant about the "silly season" in my OP. I'm out of this one.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawStudent View Post
I think you have a triple negative there, which would indicate a negative? So are you saying Jeff Scott is not the most qualified?

I don't see how you can make the statement, as a matter of fact, that Jeff Scott isn't the most qualified, any more than I can make the opposite statement as a matter of fact.

What goes into the qualifications for the job are beyond my paygrade, but I would think all that matters is whether someone is qualified for the job. If he is qualified to be an OC at Clemson, then Dabo is in the position to hire a qualified candidate. That should all that really matters.
I would think the "he is definitely not the most qualified" would have given away the meaning of my post.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:47 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy2402 View Post
This.

As much as the fanbase hurt him Hatfield hurt himself just as much.

Despite having been an offensive assistant coach his offenses got worse every year he was here. People who didn't experience the 1993 season like to talk smack about running off a coach who won 8 games, but that season was smoke and mirrors and quite frankly Bobby Johnson deserves the majority of the credit for the success that season. It was Johnson's defense that won those games. IMO that 1993 defense doesn't get enough credit when people talk about the greatest Clemson defensive teams because unlike the 1981 or 1989 defenses everybody likes to throw out there the 1993 defense held opposing teams to 16 points a game with absolutely no support from the offense.
Bobby Johnson is a great guy and I always hated that the timing didn't work out better for him to get to be our DC during better days.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:50 PM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: Hatfield's demise was mostly due to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstone86 View Post
The fact that he was Robinson's boy... He would have had to be Jesus Christ himself to survive being maligned with that stigma.
He wasn't Robinson's boy. Just like BR didn't fire Danny. It was all Max Lennon. The fact people don't get this blows my mind.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying BR is who I would want hiring a football coach or who I would want as my AD. However, Danny and Max got into it and Max pulled the strings.

Max picked Hatfield and Max picked Tommy West over objections from BR.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
It's not speculation on Scott unless something has changed from last year. Last year we broke the news that Jeff would be the guy if Morris left then.

I do see Morris likely taking some others with him when he does leave at some point.
Dear God ! Please say that isn't true !
From Napier to Morris and then back to another greenhorn experiment ? Really ?
I would think Dabo could find another OC since he has had the Morris budget !

Old 01-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Ring of Honor

I will always remember that we lost to Virginia for the first time with Ken Hatfield. Is it fair to him? Nope but it is what it is (yes I know they had a good team but that irrelevant in my mind -we just weren't supposed to lose to white meat).