Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2015, 10:22 PM
Scholarship Player

Default Re: Yes, Clemson does have a double standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Tiger View Post
"clubhouse" hasn't been healthy for years." ??? That is a completely baseless position you are taking and you clearly have no earthly idea or insight about the 2015 Tigers. It's a laughable statement. This team is as tight as any in recent memory. There is nothing "toxic" about this clubhouse. Nothing could be further from the truth. Nothing.

It is likely the very opposite - that the close knit nature of clubhouse is what got them to where they are this afternoon. The boys circled the wagons and had each other's back when there were very few "fans" who did. That doesn't happen when there is toxicity in the clubhouse.

You are way off base there tigerman and I think you know it.

BT

I appreciate how all you guys know everything about me, and I, apparently, know nothing about the program. I played for Jack...four years. And I love Jack. I think I know a little about what I'm talking about. I'm glad this year's team is so tight. Good for them. They still underperformed, as did last year's team, and the year before, etc.

I can love a person and still think they have lost control of a program and that it is past time to leave gracefully. Is it possible that you guys are so close to the program that you're a little near-sighted? And a little too willing to explain the problems away, and justify a record of poor performance on the field, and toxic relating off? Maybe? No? It's probably just the rest of us then.

I don't care how close you think you are to the program, there are many many things that go on behind closed doors that you will NEVER know about -- never. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Ask anyone who has played college sports. Have you?

Again, I love and respect Jack. But I love Clemson even more. If you want to justify underperforming, that's your prerogative. I choose not to.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:34 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerman View Post
I appreciate how all you guys know everything about me, and I, apparently, know nothing about the program. I played for Jack...four years. And I love Jack. I think I know a little about what I'm talking about. I'm glad this year's team is so tight. Good for them. They still underperformed, as did last year's team, and the year before, etc.

I can love a person and still think they have lost control of a program and that it is past time to leave gracefully. Is it possible that you guys are so close to the program that you're a little near-sighted? And a little too willing to explain the problems away, and justify a record of poor performance on the field, and toxic relating off? Maybe? No? It's probably just the rest of us then.

I don't care how close you think you are to the program, there are many many things that go on behind closed doors that you will NEVER know about -- never. Sorry, but that's the way it is. Ask anyone who has played college sports. Have you?

Again, I love and respect Jack. But I love Clemson even more. If you want to justify underperforming, that's your prerogative. I choose not to.
+ 1
Old 05-30-2015, 04:04 PM
Owner, Publisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerman View Post

No offense, but I seriously doubt these comments are coming from a guy that played for Leggett, unless you are one that has an axe to grind because of playing time. You obviously aren't very close to the program these days.

A lot of Jack's former players at Clemson and Western have come out to support No. 7 and the team this year. Meyer was here yesterday with his parents and it is obvious they don't share your thoughts. Jon McGibbon was also out here this year.

Anyone close to the program this year will tell you your thoughts on the "clubhouse" issues are BS.

I'll add that everyone, and I mean everyone we have talked with that is part of the game, coaches at other schools , former players, national analysts have all said that they think the thought of replacing Jack is crazy. Some coaches have even said if they fire someone like coach Leggett there is no reason to be a college coach.

These are folks that have played the game or coached the game for many years and they disagree with you 100 percent.

For all of you wanting a change as we have documented many times you will likely get what you want if the Tigers lose today. The rest of the nation and those that know the game will be in complete shock.

Last edited by Robert Thorne MacRae; 05-30-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:06 PM
Scholarship Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
No offense, but I seriously doubt these comments are coming from a guy that played for Leggett, unless you are one that has an axe to grind because of playing time. You obviously aren't very close to the program these days.

A lot of Jack's former players at Clemson and Western have come out to support No. 7 and the team this year. Meyer was here yesterday with his parents and it is obvious they don't share your thoughts. Jon McGibbon was also out here this year.

Anyone close to the program this year will tell you your thoughts on the "clubhouse" issues are BS.

I'll add that everyone, and I mean everyone we have talked with that is part of the game, coaches at other schools , former players, national analysts have all said that they think the thought of replacing Jack is crazy. Some coaches have even said if they fire someone like coach Leggett there is no reason to be a college coach.

These are folks that have played the game or coached the game for many years and they disagree with you 100 percent.

For all of you wanting a change as we have documented many times you will likely get what you want if the Tigers lose today. The rest of the nation and those that know the game will be in complete shock.

myopia